DOES ANYBODY ENJOY THIS RANKING SYSTEM

IM NOT REALLY DIGIN IT

It is the best they can do, feel free to explain your specific issues and I will offer my reasoning for why it works (it isn’t perfect, but no ranking system can be.)

Not digging it either, it doesn’t allow you to feel like your on a journey to something like the old 1-50 rank system did. I feel nothing for the new rank system its not an attractive ranking system imo.

> 2533274837711938;1:
> IM NOT REALLY DIGIN IT

I don’t mind it. It’s not the best ranking system I’ve ever seen but it’s not the worst. Hopefully, they’ll increase the limit past 152 & make it that as you progress to some of those higher ones, you’ll unlock specific items that individuals would want to work towards. Make the players earn stuff, not RNG it.

> 2533274830462261;4:
> > 2533274837711938;1:
> > IM NOT REALLY DIGIN IT
>
>
> I don’t mind it. It’s not the best ranking system I’ve ever seen but it’s not the worst. Hopefully, they’ll increase the limit past 152 & make it that as you progress to some of those higher ones, you’ll unlock specific items that individuals would want to work towards. Make the players earn stuff, not RNG it.

he is talking about the competitive system not the progression system which is the lamest and most boring progression system in any game out there.

Not digging it either, especially because the ranks are resetting all the time. It’s pointless to me.

Id rather start at Bronze and work my way to Champion, or 1-50 whatever floats your boat.

I could care less for a rank that’s just going to reset over and over…

I like it, obviously it has flaws but it’ll get fix to be great.

> 2533274873954403;6:
> Not digging it either, especially because the ranks are resetting all the time. It’s pointless to me.
>
> Id rather start at Bronze and work my way to Champion, or 1-50 whatever floats your boat.
>
> I could care less for a rank that’s just going to reset over and over…

Permanent rankings systems don’t work. Inactive players skew the whole system far too much. In Halo 3 one person could rank up to 50 and then never play again. That person is a 50, and that puts downward pressure on everyone elses rank. (There were a good number of people who sold 50 accounts in Halo 3, or just made them for the fun of it.) Also Having champions play against bronze players also skews the system. Halo 3 took your skill across all your games. If you are a silver level player in your scenario, you will probably end up in bronze (where you don’t belong) because you get stomped by the average player (which is a gold or platinum level) who is passing through. This defeats the purpose of the ranking system, to put you against players of similar skill. Bronze players would literally have to be put against every type of player, the vast majority of whom are way better than a bronze player is.

I can’t play Slayer because I keep getting over-ranked so I have to play Team Arena and put up Breakout, a game that already has its own playlist.

It works for me. I got Bronze 1 first time around (arena slayer) and wound up gold something before the reset. 2nd time I got silver something and I’m back in gold. Kinda pointless to actually TRY to move up since it’s gonna reset but I seem to be playing with people at my skill level mostly.

I don’t mind it.

Works for me. I don’t particularly care. I figure, “Hey, I play. I get killed. I play. I get killed.” Rinse, and repeat. Oh, occasionally, I kill a Spartan. I don’t take this seriously.

> 2533274832089275;8:
> > 2533274873954403;6:
> > Not digging it either, especially because the ranks are resetting all the time. It’s pointless to me.
> >
> > Id rather start at Bronze and work my way to Champion, or 1-50 whatever floats your boat.
> >
> > I could care less for a rank that’s just going to reset over and over…
>
>
> Permanent rankings systems don’t work. Inactive players skew the whole system far too much. In Halo 3 one person could rank up to 50 and then never play again. That person is a 50, and that puts downward pressure on everyone elses rank. (There were a good number of people who sold 50 accounts in Halo 3, or just made them for the fun of it.) Also Having champions play against bronze players also skews the system. Halo 3 took your skill across all your games. If you are a silver level player in your scenario, you will probably end up in bronze (where you don’t belong) because you get stomped by the average player (which is a gold or platinum level) who is passing through. This defeats the purpose of the ranking system, to put you against players of similar skill. Bronze players would literally have to be put against every type of player, the vast majority of whom are way better than a bronze player is.

I understand what you’re saying…
But id rather that “50” stop playing, maybe go populate another playlist or make a new account and start over.

Yes at the beginning everyone has a clean slate, obviously those who will make it to champion will smash the bronze, but that will only be at first.
(Hell, this still happens with the ranking system we have now lol)

I don’t want my rank resetting all the time. I would like to have the option to reset it when I want to reset it, not when 343 makes me reset it.

I want to grind my rank at my own pace. Just my personal preference

> 2533274837711938;1:
> IM NOT REALLY DIGIN IT

And why wouldn’t dozens of people respond to such an eloquent and well thought out post.

> 2533274873954403;13:
> > 2533274832089275;8:
> > > 2533274873954403;6:
> > > Not digging it either, especially because the ranks are resetting all the time. It’s pointless to me.
> > >
> > > Id rather start at Bronze and work my way to Champion, or 1-50 whatever floats your boat.
> > >
> > > I could care less for a rank that’s just going to reset over and over…
> >
> >
> > Permanent rankings systems don’t work. Inactive players skew the whole system far too much. In Halo 3 one person could rank up to 50 and then never play again. That person is a 50, and that puts downward pressure on everyone elses rank. (There were a good number of people who sold 50 accounts in Halo 3, or just made them for the fun of it.) Also Having champions play against bronze players also skews the system. Halo 3 took your skill across all your games. If you are a silver level player in your scenario, you will probably end up in bronze (where you don’t belong) because you get stomped by the average player (which is a gold or platinum level) who is passing through. This defeats the purpose of the ranking system, to put you against players of similar skill. Bronze players would literally have to be put against every type of player, the vast majority of whom are way better than a bronze player is.
>
>
> I understand what you’re saying…
> But id rather that “50” stop playing, maybe go populate another playlist or make a new account and start over.
>
> Yes at the beginning everyone has a clean slate, obviously those who will make it to champion will smash the bronze, but that will only be at first.
> (Hell, this still happens with the ranking system we have now lol)
>
> I don’t want my rank resetting all the time. I would like to have the option to reset it when I want to reset it, not when 343 makes me reset it.
>
> I want to grind my rank at my own pace. Just my personal preference

You have to have resets to clear people out. Its a must, otherwise it is near impossible to get to 50 long after release. If that 50 stops playing, he is still a 50 and he is taking up a spot that should go to someone else who is just as skilled, but due to whatever algorithms calculate percentage of population per rank, he can’t move up because the guy who stopped playing two years ago is taking up space, that 50 making alternate accounts makes things worse. And it won’t only be at first, as new players will continually come into the game. There will always be naturally better players than the bronze player (especially if you want 50’s making alternate accounts) I can see why one month might be too quick for some people. I think six weeks would be more reasonable. Getting to reset it yourself ruins the validity of the ranking system. I can reset my rank over and over until I get those ten perfect games and get into onyx. That is an exploit, we can’t have that. Having everyone on the same schedule makes it fair. Also, by having the placement matches it removes the majority of the grind. You arent supposed to grind to 50. You could play 10,000 matches in Halo 3 and never get above 30. You could be a rank 30 player, and thats the best you can do, so you will only get to rank 30. The placement matches (are supposed to, they should keep tweaking them until it is perfect) put you where you belong. I know the ranking algorithms arent perfect, but having semi quick resets allows the ranking system to be tweaked as time goes along, while still being fair to those who were present at launch. Imagine Halo 3 had a ranking flaw that made it harder than it should have been to rank up, and some players are 1,000 games in. Those 1,000 games count towards their current rank. Bungie decides to fix the flaw, so going forward you more accurately get to where you are supposed to be. The players who are 1,000 games in are screwed, because the previous games reflect the old system. At that point players would be pissed if bungie decided to fix the problem by resetting everyone, but that would be the only way to make it work. By having regular resets, the system can continually be tweaked and corrected. This combined with the fact that resets remove the games where you may have sucked when you first purchased the game, and removes the inactive players (not to mention gets rid of the fake high ranking players) makes it a better system than the 1-50 grind.

I’m getting players at my skill level. No big deal for me.

I’m fine with it when there’s enough people online to support it, but with the region based matchmaking, sometimes there’s so few people that there may as well be no ranking system at all.

I am a fan of the monthly resets though. I think they make things more interesting.

It gets skewed at times when you lose 4-5 times in a row because of ppl quitting. But I think most ppl hover around the .500% in the win/lose column.