Does anybody else like bloom?

Me and my friend were talking about it and we actually kinda like it. There is so many people complaining about it where I come from ( the B.net ) and I wanted to know if you people hated it too?

Most of us came from B.net…anyway the bloom complainers dont seem to understand that you are supposed to pace your shots when they are not at close range.

But I dont care about bloom whatsoever so I dont care what happens to it in the TU.

> Most of us came from B.net…anyway the bloom complainers dont seem to understand that you are supposed to pace your shots when they are not at close range.
>
> But I dont care about bloom whatsoever so I dont care what happens to it in the TU.

Wow obviously you all came from B.net lol. my bad

> > Most of us came from B.net…anyway the bloom complainers dont seem to understand that you are supposed to pace your shots when they are not at close range.
> >
> > But I dont care about bloom whatsoever so I dont care what happens to it in the TU.
>
> Wow obviously you all came from B.net lol. my bad

Lol its alright…most of us are “The nice ones” but its a great community :slight_smile:

So if you are new here welcome.

But anyway I dont really care about bloom.

But I DO hate Armor Lock…you dont want me to get into that though I might start throwing things :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t particularly like Bloom, especially considering the fact that we play genetically augmented SUPER SOLDIERS with enhanced senses, retinal coordination, and whatnot. So plainly, Bloom is incredibly unrealistic in this game’s universe, except for probably ODST, where you play as normal humans.

I don’t really like bloom, it doesn’t feel like “halo style” to me. I liked it when i could just forget about timing and just play the game.

> Most of us came from B.net…anyway the bloom complainers dont seem to understand that you are supposed to pace your shots when they are not at close range.
>
> But I dont care about bloom whatsoever so I dont care what happens to it in the TU.

You enjoy CQB DMR fights being rock, paper, scissor? and not about your own ability? you enjoy losing not cuz you missed or were bad but rather due to chance?

Bloom is inconsistent and random and only brings in a luck factor to precision weapons rather than increase the skill gap. It sometimes actually rewards spammers and is a completely unnecessary and un-halo-like gameplay mechanic that should be completely removed or drastically tweaked for competitive gameplay.

No, I don’t like it at all.

I am not bothered by Bloom, i’ve adapted to pacing and not rushing in, placing my shots and throwing grenades.

And Armour Lock is easily countered, just time when they get out of it, and throw a sticky. And if you can’t beat them, join them.

I used to hate bloom, but honestly now that i have been practicing a little, some octagons, and arena. most kids i now play online have ATROCIOUS DMR skills, so i don’t really care.

> I am not bothered by Bloom, i’ve adapted to pacing and not rushing in, placing my shots and throwing grenades.
>
> And Armour Lock is easily countered, just time when they get out of it, and throw a sticky. And if you can’t beat them, join them.

What do you mean you have “adapted” all you virtually play is living dead -__- I dont think that counts brah

> > I am not bothered by Bloom, i’ve adapted to pacing and not rushing in, placing my shots and throwing grenades.
> >
> > And Armour Lock is easily countered, just time when they get out of it, and throw a sticky. And if you can’t beat them, join them.
>
> What do you mean you have “adapted” all you virtually play is living dead -__- I dont think that counts brah

I didn’t know Bungie.net’s stats counted towards anything. And the pistol has bloom.

Also, have you ever thought of the possibility that I don’t even play Reach on this account that much?

> > Most of us came from B.net…anyway the bloom complainers dont seem to understand that you are supposed to pace your shots when they are not at close range.
> >
> > But I dont care about bloom whatsoever so I dont care what happens to it in the TU.
>
> You enjoy CQB DMR fights being rock, paper, scissor? and not about your own ability? you enjoy losing not cuz you missed or were bad but rather due to chance?

Im sorry what? When im am a battle at point blank, I dont miss :wink:

> > > I am not bothered by Bloom, i’ve adapted to pacing and not rushing in, placing my shots and throwing grenades.
> > >
> > > And Armour Lock is easily countered, just time when they get out of it, and throw a sticky. And if you can’t beat them, join them.
> >
> > What do you mean you have “adapted” all you virtually play is living dead -__- I dont think that counts brah
>
> I didn’t know Bungie.net’s stats counted towards anything. And the pistol has bloom.
>
> Also, have you ever thought of the possibility that I don’t even play Reach on this account that much?

Well when you say that bloom needs to be paced like its true one would expect some playtime to back that up. But when you play living dead all day of coarse bloom seems ok. all your enemies are one shot kills so bloom doesnt affect you much at all since bloom doesnt affect the first shot -__-

also you mostly play snipers and swat too, also a non bloom affecting virtually 1sk playlists.

Im not doing this to rag on you or anything but merely to point out that your point of view is biased sinc eyou never really play with bloom

Persoanlly all i really play is squad and arena. I have a 2.73 kd in squad and am onyx in arena (i was at 30% but stopped playign due to school) TRUST ME BLOOM IS RANDOM AND OPTIMAL FOR CQB TO MID AND its simply a crap shoot most of the time. But its something you wont notice if all you play is swat, living dead, and snipers. So why comment on something liek you know it when you never play with it? Once again not tryign to be an asz im just saying.

> > > Most of us came from B.net…anyway the bloom complainers dont seem to understand that you are supposed to pace your shots when they are not at close range.
> > >
> > > But I dont care about bloom whatsoever so I dont care what happens to it in the TU.
> >
> > You enjoy CQB DMR fights being rock, paper, scissor? and not about your own ability? you enjoy losing not cuz you missed or were bad but rather due to chance?
>
> Im sorry what? When im am a battle at point blank, I dont miss :wink:

if 2 equally skilled DMRers go at it in cqb with teh DMR the best option for both is to spam since the whole body will fill the reticule. Both spammin both at 100% health it doesnt become about missing but rather who getts the lucky bloom headshot or spams out 3 body shots that hit instead of goign to the part of the reticule that doesnt cover the body.

I know your not ragging, but checking my Bungie.net doesn’t really prove much, apart from the fact I play Living Dead a lot.

To be honest I like Reach, but I haven’t had the time, Living Dead’s easier to handle, but I’m trying to get back into Team Slayer, and I can work Bloom, very easily.

Not to mention I play on mainly other accounts.

Anyway, an opinion is an opinion. I find Bloom easy to use, with DMRs all the way to AR’s. It’s easy if you pace, and once in a blue moon Luck has a factor, just many people claim that the person killed them by luck, rather than just being better than them for a single moment.

Im off to bed anyway, hope this debate doesn’t carry on like Bungie.net’s.

>

actually, its the people who understand how it works (or doesnt work, really), that complain about it.

i love bloom. i think its a phenomenal concept to increase the skill gap in shooting. its implementation in reach, however, was abysmal at best.

you should NOT be able to win ANY BATTLES at ANY RANGE when you spam. spamming being effective just makes the game boil down to dumb luck instead of SHOOT BETTER -> WIN.

It works for Reach.

> It works for Reach.

Yes, obviously Bungie wanted people to spam the trigger and win half the time.

> > It works for Reach.
>
> Yes, obviously Bungie wanted people to spam the trigger and win half the time.

lol a little sensitive are we? Consider the DMR without bloom. It would be a spamming machine. The long range inacuracy factor would also be affected. I shoot in bursts. With the needle rifle it’s 3 or 4 closer with a short rest before bloom gets crazy. 3 bursts and the enemy is dead. The DMR is different of course but like I said. It works for Reach.