Does anybody assassinate anymore?

Seems like it’s going to be a rarity feat to attempt. Thanks to Spartan Charge. Most people get their assassinations by sprinting. You’re not gonna find people doing it in arena, but even in Warzone, because people don’t won’t to die quickly. Yes you can stop sprint and go for it, but that increases the chances of the enemy getting wind of you.

If you’re like me, then you’re going to want to charge before the guy turns around. Only because it takes less time to get your melee in with charge. So I kind of feel like the addition of new assassination types become useless. It’s to risky to take more time by stopping sprint and being in animation while playing Arena or Warzone.

Already got a few in SWAT and warzone. Haven’t had an issue with it yet.

I try to whenever I can, but the charge really screws it up. I have to stop running before attacking otherwise the charge flings me forward, usually off target to be a sitting duck to the guy that a second ago didn’t even know I was there.

I turned off the assassination animation in the game settings.

The spartan charge is such a stupid mechanic to include. The only bad part of Halo 5 to me.

Armor lock was better.

I have done 3 assassinations in the 35 games I’ve played. It’s something you do only when you want to humiliate the opposing player.

Your problem is, that you sprint. I,ve actually never bern in the situation you describe. I deavtivated assasinatio s at all because it takes too much time lol

It’s certainly trickier to do. Even in campaign. It makes it much more gratifying to pull off. In fact, I don’t even get mad when it happens to me anymore. I think “wow, nicely done”.

all the time.
instructions- arena

The radar doesn’t tell you or your opponents jack so take advantage of that.

1. find well hidden corner
  2. wait

If 1 guy is on radar—go in for it

If 2+ players are present—wait for last guy to walk past get him (you will usually get away with this)

Going for assassinations has always been risky. Assassinations are like a form of tea bagging.

I played grifball a lot in Halo 4 where a lot of the time, performing an assassination can end up being a big waste of time for your team (unless you had the ball and did it). I might be prone to letting some of the pent up aggression out after all of that, so if I do assassinate anyone now, no hard feelings. I just haven’t had the chance to do it very much.

Every chance I get. I have engaged shoulder charge a few times in the beginning before I understood the timing. Assassinations are fun.

I think my button is screwed up cause I generally get beat downs when I would like to see an assassination. Is there something I’m missing? My assassinations are turned on.

Only in a CQC situation, otherwise if your sprinting, just shoulder barge the Bugger :wink:

> 2533274883669557;8:
> It’s certainly trickier to do. Even in campaign. It makes it much more gratifying to pull off. In fact, I don’t even get mad when it happens to me anymore. I think “wow, nicely done”.

Forgot about the AI, I love getting the soldiers. They still try to fight you in the animation. Maybe I should just take my time. It’s not that I’m really trying to get them, but figured this game would be the riskiest with high kill times and easy thrust.

I do it sometimes

I miss the Halo 4 sprinting assassinations, tackling them to the ground and stabbing their faces.

> 2610345319735860;4:
> I turned off the assassination animation in the game settings.

First thing I did in Halo 5.

I do it whenever I can, I want the enemy to feel what I’ve done to them, and I will be back,

assassination’s for me make the game more enjoyable. Being forced to watch yourself die to someone else because they got the drop on you. So lovely

I agree. I have botched so many assinations cause I forgot about spartan charge.