Does anybody actually use Pulse Grenades?

I’m at SR45 now I think. I have 0 kills with a Pulse Grenade and I have 1 death from a Pulse Grenade…

Can anyone tell me how they are possibly better than a frag or a plasma grenade? How should they be used?

They give away the user’s location and unless the target is stuck in the raduis until it explodes, it’ll only take their shields off.

They basically suck.

The Prometheans gave losers the Boltshot and most of their other weapons, but their nades are downright atrocious.

I’ve used them but I prefer Frags now. They just have so much more range and are more subtle.

> I’ve used them but I prefer Frags now. They just have so much more range and are more subtle.

Funny, I’ve never heard of an exploding metal baseball as “subtle.”

OT: Pulse grenades suck. I’m still not quite sure how they work, and since they don’t seem to kill me I don’t really care to learn.

Pulse grenades are all about displacement.

They are useful for flushing an opponent out of cover, or preventing the capture of a flag or other objective.

Totally underrated if you ask me.

That said, I don’t use them in mm either - I find frags far more useful.

I’ve never included it for my loadouts but I’ve used the ones from those random ordinances.

They’re good in Dominion if you want to block off an entrance for a bit. I’v seen people spam those things when me and an ally was charging Bravo and we decided to stay put for a bit until those Pulse Grenades blow up. Stalled us for a bit.

Overall, they’re a defensive type of grenade. Takes more skill in my opinion to use effectivly.

there are some good points being made in favor of the grenades here. i dont think it is enough to make me switch to them though i appreciate the input.

I like pulse nades but only in games with good net.
My favorites are frag nades but pulse are excelent defending objetives or when you have shields out and need time for survive.

> > I’ve used them but I prefer Frags now. They just have so much more range and are more subtle.
>
> Funny, I’ve never heard of an exploding metal baseball as “subtle.”
>
> OT: Pulse grenades suck. I’m still not quite sure how they work, and since they don’t seem to kill me I don’t really care to learn.

Well they don’t glow pretty colors that’s for sure.

I use them if I pick them up off the map but I don’t put them in my loadouts.

Kinda wish they would stick to people.

it would be cool if they had a second fuse or charge or something where you could detonate it midair and thats where it turned into a little sun or whatever it does now.

ppl would prob cry overpowered then though

They’re good for blocking off entrances and killing people when they are one shot. Melee and then throw a pulse grenade equals instant kill.

The Pulse 'nades are expectantly used the least out of the available 3.
They are not meant to be as offensively useful as Frags, nor are they as anti-anything precise as a Sticky is.
Pulse 'nades stop where the hit and deal their damage within a visible radius that deals just under half the potential damage of total over time rather than instant like a Frag or Sticky. However this radius is larger than a Sticky’s radius, I believe smaller than Frag’s, but it isn’t variable damage like the others seem to be. A disintegration kill only occurs on enemies with nearly 0 shields and within the smaller blast radius of the explosion that is often easily avoided.
Because of the above, Pulse 'nades are reserved for very precise throwers and tactical thinkers. They should be used to prevent players from advancing or for finishing off a kill behind cover. They can sometimes be useful in clearing a bunch of enemies foolishly choked into a small corridor, but that’s very rare.

I suppose the Pulse 'nades could use a buff to the damage given inside the field due to how easy it is to not be damaged by them, however I do not see the Pulse 'nades as underpowered in the sense that they lack usefulness.
Inside a hill or near a flag, the Pulse can end up doing more good, especially with Explosives on, than the other 2 'nade types. It’s a thinking player’s tool more than anything and I’m fine with that.

They’re usefull in blocking areas around flags and stuff. you wouldn’t walk into one. I remember on the early videos of Halo 4 they acted like EMP but that doesn’t seem to happen in this build.

> Pulse grenades are all about displacement.
>
> They are useful for flushing an opponent out of cover, or preventing the capture of a flag or other objective.
>
> Totally underrated if you ask me.
>
> That said, I don’t use them in mm either - I find frags far more useful.

But you can’t KILL anybody with them unless you have two and that stronger grenade mod.

Wow - no one seriously knows ho to use them?! Time for an education.

Pulse grenades can be used 1 of 2 ways. First, they quickly deal their damage so are good for weakening shields. They deal damage right after hitting something which is faster that frags or plasmas. If you are accurate and land them right at your enemy it will almost instantly drain their shield by over half - almost all the way if it’s perfect. Your enemy should die with 1 or 2 shots now.

The second way to use them is once you almost drop their shields. An enemy with 0 to little shields will be killed instantly. Yes instantly. This tactic works great when trying to get pulse grenade kills or - as my favorite - gravy nades. These are the perfect “last resort” when your enemy has the drop on you and you know you won’t survive the encounter. Tossing one of these right before you die will kill them most of the time - if you’re not wildly inaccurate.

Oh and I’m on 4/5 with my pulse nade kills so they are effective.

can’t think of a single scenario where i would rather have a pulse grenade than a frag. they are worse than useless to me.