does any one uses a mic

It would be cool if any one ises a mic sunce halo always been a team based game

The use of mics has heavily decreased since most people are just -Yoinks!- and the introduction of the party system. It’d be nice if it went back to people actually speaking to each other but I doubt it at this point.

Parties killed it off. It’s so rare to find anyone with one in open chat.

I’ve been looking for a group that uses mics as well, and preferably no one under the age of 30 because I’m 60 and like to play only with partners who will take the time to practice together on strategies for each map, a head man to give orders while playing others, and that don’t just run around banging everyone while making juvenile remarks and displaying silly antics like assassinations and other immature maneuvers. Trouble is, I’m only just now getting the hang of the game so my scores are still rather low! But I’m more than willing to give any partnership a try no matter how they themselves stand up to such ideals! Please let me know if something like this would interest you at: ‘FFOlonghair@comcast.net’.

I use a mic , the callout tactical damages and disadvantages , assets lost , flag position on map , and asked people nicely to stop screaming !

> 2533274802574490;3:
> Parties killed it off. It’s so rare to find anyone with one in open chat.

Every game there is somebody screaming, I don’t use mic because I am not so good at speaking English.

I leave mine on but I don’t talk unless others are. I’m just too nervous and scared to do it. I’m sorry, I’m super shy. Talking to strangers is the scariest thing in the whole world to me.

I’ve tried but i just gave up. just yesterday i was in a lobby listening to what was going on… all i heard was some guy rapping using the n word over and over again with music in the background. so no i don’t use a mic. unless its with friends

It would be nice, I remember when you’d get into a game and everyone would have a mic. Now…that doesn’t really happen.

> 2533274869239954;7:
> I leave mine on but I don’t talk unless others are. I’m just too nervous and scared to do it. I’m sorry, I’m super shy. Talking to strangers is the scariest thing in the whole world to me.

I have that problem year ago, because bullying when I was kid.

> 2535450453445225;10:
> > 2533274869239954;7:
> > I leave mine on but I don’t talk unless others are. I’m just too nervous and scared to do it. I’m sorry, I’m super shy. Talking to strangers is the scariest thing in the whole world to me.
>
>
> I have that problem year ago, because bullying when I was kid.

I was bullied too. My front teeth are fake because of that. It was super expensive. But yeah, I was picked on and made fun of a lot and even my siblings didn’t like me. But I have gotten a lot better. I can talk to people if I have to. But talking on the mic just scares me. I guess also because I’m a girl, so I just worry everyone will go, “Ugh a girl, she can’t game, girls are stupid.” Or be like, “Oh a girl, hey babe what’s up? What’s your number?” Haha, I know that is super silly but it happens some times.

Unfortunately the few always ruin it for everyone else, I used to always run a mic and I still do but even if I am alone I create a party. I grew sick of the numerous times I was in the lobby and some jerk had music blasting through the mic, or was just blatantly yelling/screaming.

If people that were in open chat were actually nice or not being annoying i would use it more. yesterday there was a guy just yelling at the team for sucking/getting him killed. I think he can blame himself for most of it too. I hate crap like that and would rather not speak to those people.

> 2533274894015301;13:
> If people that were in open chat were actually nice or not being annoying i would use it more. yesterday there was a guy just yelling at the team for sucking/getting him killed. I think he can blame himself for most of it too. I hate crap like that and would rather not speak to those people.

I agree. If someone wants to work together and be nice, I am all for it. But I shouldn’t feel obligated to talk to people who are jerks.

> 2533274869239954;14:
> > 2533274894015301;13:
> > If people that were in open chat were actually nice or not being annoying i would use it more. yesterday there was a guy just yelling at the team for sucking/getting him killed. I think he can blame himself for most of it too. I hate crap like that and would rather not speak to those people.
>
>
> I agree. If someone wants to work together and be nice, I am all for it. But I shouldn’t feel obligated to talk to people who are jerks.

Yeah really, being a jerk to your team won’t make them play better. If anything it’s going to frustrate them and make them play worse or quit.

Its ruined a lot of games for me. Kind of feels like I’m playing with bots.

I use my mic, but I’m usually in a party.

> 2533274894015301;15:
> > 2533274869239954;14:
> > > 2533274894015301;13:
> > > If people that were in open chat were actually nice or not being annoying i would use it more. yesterday there was a guy just yelling at the team for sucking/getting him killed. I think he can blame himself for most of it too. I hate crap like that and would rather not speak to those people.
> >
> >
> > I agree. If someone wants to work together and be nice, I am all for it. But I shouldn’t feel obligated to talk to people who are jerks.
>
>
> Yeah really, being a jerk to your team won’t make them play better. If anything it’s going to frustrate them and make them play worse or quit.

Exactly. I hate it. Like okay, I’m aware I am not the greatest but how do you suggest I improve without playing more? It won’t happen.

I feel guilty admitting it but I often have my mic in and won’t speak unless I hear someone else say something, and not even then if its two people who have already been playing a few games together i wouldnt want to interrupt, however I love chatting with people its just chatting is more of a conversation than exclamations of how one died or how somebody sucks

As a couple others have mentioned, I have not been using one thus far because social anxiety. Have always been very shy and don’t like confrontation or arguing, so all the profanity, the racist/homophobic language, the trash talking, etc. just makes me very anxious and I’m already anxious enough when I play. Plus the screaming kids, barking dogs, or blaring music are just annoying.

But, once I’m done ranking up in FFA this season, since I’m starting to get a little more comfortable and less of a nub, I’m going to try to at least leave the team chat on when playing objective based games going forward, because well teamwork LOL.