Does any one know who the ai in chief's helmet is?

As seen in the trailer for Halo Infinite, it seems it may not be cortana is not in the chip. But considering the marine armor looks like its from either halo ce or reach. But chief’s armor is probably being used since his old armor is severely damaged. But the ai could be a cortana clone. Im pretty sure people might have thought it was roland or Isabel. But it most likely isn’t.

Good point. No one can really know right now, I guess, but as they’re saying Infinite picks up immediately after Halo 5, there’ll have to be a pretty clean explanation (famous last words).

Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)

> 2535470069620662;1:
> As seen in the trailer for Halo Infinite, it seems it may not be cortana is not in the chip. But considering the armor n looks like it’s from halo ce or reach. I’m pretty sure some people might have thought it was Roland or some other ai. But the chip was blue. The chip color depends on the ai color.

The colour of an AI chip is independent of the AIs Avatar colour. For example. Isabel in Halo Wars 2 is orange/red but her chip is blue.

This theory is pretty interesting. Tin foil hat required, probably, but it’s a fun watch.

Crazy idea, but what if that AI is the Didact in composed form. Or the remains of Mendicant Bias. Or Guilty Spark. Not that it’d make any sense, but I’m interested as to how their interactions will be like, if that were the case.

> 2533274802265020;4:
> > 2535470069620662;1:
> > As seen in the trailer for Halo Infinite, it seems it may not be cortana is not in the chip. But considering the armor n looks like it’s from halo ce or reach. I’m pretty sure some people might have thought it was Roland or some other ai. But the chip was blue. The chip color depends on the ai color.
>
> The colour of an AI chip is independent of the AIs Avatar colour. For example. Isabel in Halo Wars 2 is orange/red but her chip is blue.

Thanks for the heads up. I got it from halofollower.

> 2533274809687497;3:
> Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)

Somebody didn’t read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.

> 2533274849782428;8:
> > 2533274809687497;3:
> > Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)
>
> Somebody didn’t read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.

Yes i did read the lore but do you think Halsey miraculously has those copies in her pocket right now running away from Cortana?

Which is why I said she will make another copy

Possibly a beta version of a A.I halsey is working on.

> 2533274809687497;9:
> > 2533274849782428;8:
> > > 2533274809687497;3:
> > > Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)
> >
> > Somebody didn’t read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.
>
> Yes i did read the lore but do you think Halsey miraculously has those copies in her pocket right now running away from Cortana?
>
> Which is why I said she will make another copy

Alright then, enlighten me as to how:

  • Halsey will be able to acquire cloning technology - Acquire the genetic material and resources to make a clone - Ensure that the clone safely develops and grows to full maturity - Harvest (kill) the clone by using its brain as a blueprint - Acquire even more technology to make a smart AI from scratchAll while desperately on the run from Cortana and with S-IVs, S-IIs, Lasky/Roland and the Swords of Sanghelios keeping an ONI-style watch on her. This is a group of people, may I remind you, who would probably sooner surrender to the Created than let Halsey go through with this.

Go on, I’ll be waiting.

> 2533274849782428;11:
> > 2533274809687497;9:
> > > 2533274849782428;8:
> > > > 2533274809687497;3:
> > > > Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)
> > >
> > > Somebody didn’t read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.
> >
> > Yes i did read the lore but do you think Halsey miraculously has those copies in her pocket right now running away from Cortana?
> >
> > Which is why I said she will make another copy
>
> Alright then, enlighten me as to how:
> - Halsey will be able to acquire cloning technology - Acquire the genetic material and resources to make a clone - Ensure that the clone safely develops and grows to full maturity - Harvest (kill) the clone by using its brain as a blueprint - Acquire even more technology to make a smart AI from scratchAll while desperately on the run from Cortana and with S-IVs, S-IIs, Lasky/Roland and the Swords of Sanghelios keeping an ONI-style watch on her. This is a group of people, may I remind you, who would probably sooner surrender to the Created than let Halsey go through with this.
>
> Go on, I’ll be waiting.

Halo infinite takes place 2 years post halo 5. Enough time to make another Cortana as technology advanced light years after discovering forerunner tech ( see black.box and other smart AIs created after the original halo trilogy)
Also do you really think ONI cares? Humanity is on the brink of extinction and if you ready bad blood you will see a lot of things are done without much approval. Anything that can change the tides of war.

I’m not saying the chip is Cortana 100% but it’s plausible and I don’t know why you’re totally against it. I’m not the only one thinking this

It’s probably just the intro animation for the slip space engine.

I would poo my drawers in excitement if it was Black Box. He is one of my favorite AIs. C’mon 343, turn my pants brown!

Pretty sure that new chip will be as relevant as Chief’s cloak from the last teaser.

> 2533274825304199;14:
> I would poo my drawers in excitement if it was Black Box. He is one of my favorite AIs. C’mon 343, turn my pants brown!

Totally agree. They need a sassy British guy for the voice actor.

Halsey didn’t make Cortana clones/backups, she saved a handful of cloned brains that could potentially be made into AIs, assuming of course they didn’t get destroyed with the rest of Reach. Nor would they automatically become AIs. AI creation doesn’t work that way.

> 2533274812652989;17:
> Halsey didn’t make Cortana clones/backups, she saved a handful of cloned brains that could potentially be made into AIs, assuming of course they didn’t get destroyed with the rest of Reach. Nor would they automatically become AIs. AI creation doesn’t work that way.

Just a question. Would you think it’s plausible Halsey is creating another Cortana version during the time between halo 5 and halo infinite? If it is a 2 year jump. Is that enough time to create a clone and make an AI out of the brain. Assuming that the technology has improved etc.

> 2533274809687497;18:
> > 2533274812652989;17:
> > Halsey didn’t make Cortana clones/backups, she saved a handful of cloned brains that could potentially be made into AIs, assuming of course they didn’t get destroyed with the rest of Reach. Nor would they automatically become AIs. AI creation doesn’t work that way.
>
> Just a question. Would you think it’s plausible Halsey is creating another Cortana version during the time between halo 5 and halo infinite? If it is a 2 year jump. Is that enough time to create a clone and make an AI out of the brain. Assuming that the technology has improved etc.

Maybe, but even if Halsey made another AI, it’s power would pale in comparison to Cortana who still controls the Domain. I think Halsey would spend her time working on a solution to rob Cortana of that advantage.

> 2533274809687497;12:
> > 2533274849782428;11:
> > > 2533274809687497;9:
> > > > 2533274849782428;8:
> > > > > 2533274809687497;3:
> > > > > Halsey is on infinity and she has her brain. Maybe a Cortana clone (offensive bias much?)
> > > >
> > > > Somebody didn’t read up on the lore. Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed YEARS ago that Halsey already made multiple Cortana clones/backups.
> >
> > Alright then, enlighten me as to how:
> > - Halsey will be able to acquire cloning technology - Acquire the genetic material and resources to make a clone - Ensure that the clone safely develops and grows to full maturity - Harvest (kill) the clone by using its brain as a blueprint - Acquire even more technology to make a smart AI from scratchAll while desperately on the run from Cortana and with S-IVs, S-IIs, Lasky/Roland and the Swords of Sanghelios keeping an ONI-style watch on her. This is a group of people, may I remind you, who would probably sooner surrender to the Created than let Halsey go through with this.
> >
> > Go on, I’ll be waiting.
>
> Halo infinite takes place 2 years post halo 5. Enough time to make another Cortana as technology advanced light years after discovering forerunner tech ( see black.box and other smart AIs created after the original halo trilogy)
> Also do you really think ONI cares? Humanity is on the brink of extinction and if you ready bad blood you will see a lot of things are done without much approval. Anything that can change the tides of war.
>
> I’m not saying the chip is Cortana 100% but it’s plausible and I don’t know why you’re totally against it. I’m not the only one thinking this

Oh wow, I didn’t know Lasky, all the Spartans and the Swords of Sanghelios worked for ONI now. What a twist!
Also, humanity’s on the brink of extinction now? Were you even paying attention during Halo 5? Cortana doesn’t want to wipe out all life, she wants to control it, BIG difference there.
And for the last point, if you’re saying that Halsey will create an AI that isn’t derived from her own genetic blueprint, that’s still fine. The idea that I’m against is her making a “younger sibling” of Cortana. That’s poor writing and characterisation for a whole bunch of characters. If someone else wants to volunteer their brain for a new AI I have nothing against that. Even if it won’t be very effective, as | Dr Halsey | has already pointed out.