Does 343 Realize Challenges Are Meaningless?

Considering most people are at SR 130 challenges don’t mean jack anymore. I haven’t checked or had any incentive to complete them for a LONG time.

I can’t help but feel the ranking-up system in this game was half -Yoinked!-. It should’ve taken much more experience to rank up or they should’ve made the levels go up much higher with greater gaps inbetween the rewards and specializations.

A lot of people probably bailed once they hit 130 too because a lot of incentive in games is to rank up and get stuff. I feel the developers seriously underestimated this.

CSR is a really good opportunity to offer continual player investment after the linear SR system is maxed out. But it has to be worked out and placed in-game to serve this purpose.

I agree, though, that it would be nice if they considered the longevity of the challenges beyond experience cap. Achievements could be tied to them. Exclusive in-game content could be unlocked. There’s a lot of potential to keep them relevant, especially considering Waypoint keeps track of how many you’ve completed.

As for the current state of challenges, they’re sort of meaningless now whether you’re at 130 or not. Before, they were relatively easy to accomplish and offered huge payouts. A few weeks back, 343 changed them so that they are now hard to accomplish and offer low payouts. There’s really little appeal to them as a result.

I think minimizing their max payout was fine, but ensuring the criteria to accomplish them was commensurate is important, I think. Nobody wants to accomplish hard challenges for very little reward, and I feel like that’s what they’ve been like recently.

> Considering most people are at SR 130 challenges don’t mean jack anymore. I haven’t checked or had any incentive to complete them for a LONG time.
>
> I can’t help but feel the ranking-up system in this game was half -Yoinked!-. It should’ve taken much more experience to rank up or they should’ve made the levels go up much higher with greater gaps inbetween the rewards and specializations.
>
> A lot of people probably bailed once they hit 130 too because a lot of incentive in games is to rank up and get stuff. I feel the developers seriously underestimated this.

I think that if they tied in all unlockables through XP, rather than commendations, things would be better.

For example, I have no motivation to get the suppressor mastery, or find any use in assassinations, where I am exposed to a head shot for 3 seconds…

Why cant I just play to get unlocks?

Completing Challenges in Reach was fun… Halo 4 doesn’t feel well thought out. Graphics are nice to look at though.

Challenges are meaningless to SR-130’s indeed, but I see a lot of people under 130, and I bet there is still people doing them for xp. So they are still not yet “meaningsless”, but I agree they could’ve raised the max rank a little bit more. But otherwise I still got commendations to complete.

Challenges mattered? I never cared about them in reach and certainly don’t see the point of them in Halo 4. I got to SR 50 and stopped. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to do a bunch of random stuff because a menu in the game says to try it lol

> Challenges mattered? I never cared about them in reach and certainly don’t see the point of them in Halo 4. I got to SR 50 and stopped. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to do a bunch of random stuff because a menu in the game says to try it lol

No, they never really “mattered” but many people enjoyed them and it broke the monotony pretty well if you played every day stuck in a wheelchair

I completed 678 Reach challenges because it was something to do. And still haven’t attained max rank in Reach.

YouTubers like Nak3d Eli even used to make videos on how to complete the chalenges easily and prided himself for having the most changes completed in Reach… Now he pretty much does random tips just because Halo 4 challenges are 1) too numerous 2) not rewarding 3) pretty unnoticeable

Just checked Eli’s Challenge Count… Yoinkin 2820 chalenges completed.

Challenges are also now no longer worth the work.

The XP ammounts offered are worth about a 10th the ammount you would earn just playing the games to get them. Even if that.

And the Campaign ones are horribly wrong now, both weeklies being under 10,000 XP for doing Legendary missions with multiple skulls on.

WAR GAMES WEEKLY
Spartan Takedown Kill 350 Players 10,000 xp

erm what am I gonna do for the next 6 days as I have completed this?
I finished the Monthly 1 this time last wk.

Most people are not sr130’s. You see lots of low sr’s in the lobby’s ok I bet a lot of them are the 2nd & 3rd accounts of people who want to pretend there noobs & then out score everyone but still…
People who want to rank up will just play Spartan Ops anyway.

> CSR is a really good opportunity to offer continual player investment after the linear SR system is maxed out. But it has to be worked out and placed in-game to serve this purpose.
>
> I agree, though, that it would be nice if they considered the longevity of the challenges beyond experience cap. Achievements could be tied to them. Exclusive in-game content could be unlocked. There’s a lot of potential to keep them relevant, especially considering Waypoint keeps track of how many you’ve completed.
>
> As for the current state of challenges, they’re sort of meaningless now whether you’re at 130 or not. Before, they were relatively easy to accomplish and offered huge payouts. A few weeks back, 343 changed them so that they are now hard to accomplish and offer low payouts. There’s really little appeal to them as a result.
>
> I think minimizing their max payout was fine, but ensuring the criteria to accomplish them was commensurate is important, I think. Nobody wants to accomplish hard challenges for very little reward, and I feel like that’s what they’ve been like recently.

I’ve been SR-130 for ages, and CSR has given me no incentive to play more.

I used to think Challenges were a joke. Then they improved their quality by increasing the payout. Now Challenges are an absolute joke. I doubt I’ll ever even reach SR130 (so much for new tactical packages and support upgrades).

They are totally pointless, most of the challenges can be out XP’d by playing one online game of SO. Most players dont have a lot of time to play H4 or any other game, as they work all day and have families. So they look at where they can maximise their XP, and completing challenges is most certainly not a way of doing it. 7.5K for doing an online SO mission that usually takes no more than 10 mins, gives a much better return for your time than any of the ridiculous challenges.

Agreed. I’m only like a 91 or 92 I think and I’ve been playing since launch, and I don’t have any incentive to do the challenges since it’s really easy to rank up. I wish it was Reach where it took super long to advance in rank.

I think they give me something to shoot for, but that’s just me. Get on, and rather than randomly jump in, I do the challenges first then work on commos.

I might have already hit 130 a long time ago but I still like to go after challenges. Just yesterday I played SWAT so I could complete the 25 kills with a Secondary challenge. Just because a minority of people think challenges are “meaningless” doesn’t mean they should be thrown out the window. With all the issues H4 has the “problem with challenges” shouldn’t even be on 343’s radar.

Meh, I don’t even think about sr rank, it goes up of it’s own accord. I just like shooting people. ( spartans )

> CSR is a really good opportunity to offer continual player investment after the linear SR system is maxed out. But it has to be worked out and placed in-game to serve this purpose.
>
> I agree, though, that it would be nice if they considered the longevity of the challenges beyond experience cap. Achievements could be tied to them. <mark>Exclusive in-game content could be unlocked.</mark> There’s a lot of potential to keep them relevant, especially considering Waypoint keeps track of how many you’ve completed.
>
> As for the current state of challenges, they’re sort of meaningless now whether you’re at 130 or not. Before, they were relatively easy to accomplish and offered huge payouts. A few weeks back, 343 changed them so that they are now hard to accomplish and offer low payouts. There’s really little appeal to them as a result.
>
> I think minimizing their max payout was fine, but ensuring the criteria to accomplish them was commensurate is important, I think. Nobody wants to accomplish hard challenges for very little reward, and I feel like that’s what they’ve been like recently.

The population would go up very favorably if they did this. There is all of the pre-order stuff that some of us missed out. I could only imagine the population explosion if 343 put out a challenge that rewarded the Deadeye helmet.

> I might have already hit 130 a long time ago but I still like to go after challenges. Just yesterday I played SWAT so I could complete the 25 kills with a Secondary challenge. Just because a minority of people think challenges are “meaningless” doesn’t mean they should be thrown out the window. With all the issues H4 has the “problem with challenges” shouldn’t even be on 343’s radar.

I don’t have a problem with challenges themselves per-se, I have a problem with hitting a level cap so early and thus not having ANY incentive to do challenges and gain xp.

Challenges may be something I ignore, but I love Grifball!

> Challenges are meaningless to SR-130’s indeed, but I see a lot of people under 130, and I bet there is still people doing them for xp. So they are still not yet “meaningsless”, but I agree they could’ve raised the max rank a little bit more. But otherwise I still got commendations to complete.

What about once most people get to 130? Cause they will…