Does 343 listen?

First this is not intended to be a diss.

I mean do you guys think it matters too much what we put on the forums? Like do 343 read it often or do we fall upon deaf ears?

My question is this, do the forums (specifically H5 and MCC threads) have much impact in the games direction or plans for H6?

I kind of feel like we kinda just post stuff and hope for a response but we know we would never get one.

I just think we chat, argue and debate amongst ourself’s for no reason sometimes. It to me feels it does not matter what side you are on, having 343 discuss the good or the bad never happens.

Maybe you think they respond great, just please explain your point so I can see it from your perspective.

This is just my opinion though. I have been a bit of a cynic lately tbh. I’m just wondering how you guys feel.

Alot of things said I know, but hey.

I think they rarely listen at all. For example they forced overgrowth into arena, molten is still heavily weighted(ugh, worst FFA map ever), and, while I don’t personally care about this one, playable elites aren’t in gameplay. These are just a few examples of things they haven’t listened to their fans on. To their credit they have given us things like infection and a unsc air vehicle, but for the most part they don’t seem to care.

No

They

Don’t

Listen

> 2533274879407634;3:
> No
>
> They
>
> Don’t
>
> Listen

Lol I’ve never seen that poll. I don’t care too much for sprint tbh I’m not bothered if it is or isn’t in the game. But if those figures are true, why the hell is sprint in the game?

> 2533274857915830;2:
> I think they rarely listen at all. For example they forced overgrowth into arena, molten is still heavily weighted(ugh, worst FFA map ever), and, while I don’t personally care about this one, playable elites aren’t in gameplay. These are just a few examples of things they haven’t listened to their fans on. To their credit they have given us things like infection and a unsc air vehicle, but for the most part they don’t seem to care.

If you’ve seen my posts it comes as no surprise I’m not very pro 343 at the moment. But I mean with Halo 5 I just feel there is too many issues ongoing currently to say it’s a great Halo game. It annoys me so much as it’s soooo so easy to hear what the fans want and it seems they go “the fans want that do they? Well… Let’s do this instead” if you get me.

Theres rarely any comment from 343 it seems. It’s like they just do and don’t respond.

> 2535462333594080;4:
> > 2533274879407634;3:
> > No
> >
> > They
> >
> > Don’t
> >
> > Listen
>
> Lol I’ve never seen that poll. I kinda don’t care too much for sprint tbh I’m not bothered if it is or isn’t in the game. But if those figures are true, why the hell is sprint in the game?

Nope, never. They’ve totally never ever listened.

A few months back Bravo said there would be more community involvement from the Devs. That seems to have been short lived though.

They suffer from a common disease which causes them to only listen when they want to listen. Some people call it ignorance, some people call it stupidity, lots of people call it both.

Does 343 listen?*

> 2661949065475413;8:
> A few months back Bravo said there would be more community involvement from the Devs. That seems to have been short lived though.

Bravos a cool guy, but sometimes I think that 343 as a whole needs to come together and organize there criticism from all websites and openly state the things they collect.

That’s a lot of work for bravo alone, but hay, if he’s up for it then more power to him.

> 2535462333594080;4:
> > 2533274879407634;3:
> > No
> >
> > They
> >
> > Don’t
> >
> > Listen
>
>
> Lol I’ve never seen that poll. It kinda don’t care too much for sprint tbh I’m not bothered if it is or isn’t in the game. But if those figures are true, why the hell is sprint in the game?

I personally don’t care to much either… but the first link and the third link were the main focus. Especially the first link.

Where it was a poll made by a 343 employee!

they don’t listen enough. That’s why there’s still warring between old and new. They need to start listening now before the community tears the game to pieces.

> 2533274879407634;3:
> No
>
> They
>
> Don’t
>
> Listen

Ok now i give up with trying to make 343 listen. Anything against them either gets locked or gets me banned for a day. I tried it and i couldnt post for some time

Yes they do. You just have to think about everything we’ve asked for and recieved. Yes there’s some things that we’ve asked for that hasn’t been accomplished yet, but that’s expected.

People have asked before and the answer is yes. Some people don’t think it is the case because they filter out all the times 343 does listen from their brain. Everything from small adjustments to weapon balance, to making Firefight harder, to increasing weapon despawn time in Warzone, to new features added to Forge, and others have been the result of feedback. When people complained about a binary rifle replacing the sniper rifle in one map, 343 quickly put the sniper rifle back in it. People wanted more colors so 343 gave more colors. People wanted a Sanghelios map so 343 gave them a Warzone and Arena map.

> 2533274879407634;3:
> No
>
> They
>
> Don’t
>
> Listen

Vocal minority talking. Sprint is here to stay. The vocal minority are stubborn to almost any changes to Halo and automatically reject any new Halo that comes out. I personally prefer not to walk around like my feet have cinder blocks on them.

Yes, they do. But, of course, they will not deliver everything we want.

Funny how when I go to other gaming communities like over at Bungie or Gears of War, at least those Dev’s respond to their fans. Here though? Not a damn peep.

> 2533274829951285;19:
> Funny how when I go to other gaming communities like over at Bungie or Gears of War, at least those Dev’s respond to their fans. Here though? Not a damn peep.

They do respond at times. I personally wouldn’t. There are a lot of bitter people and trolls who will complain about everything. Some of their complaints aren’t even true.

Bungie responds to much with their weapon balance being all over the place because of people complaining about weapons are OP when they don’t know anything about them.