Do you want yoinks in Halo 4?

Reply with your thoughts on whether yoinks should be in Halo 4?

Personally i think they should be taken out because they cause more frustration if you get yoinked, take no skill most of the time, and you dont deserve the kill most of the time. I think the person who is being assassinated should be immune to damage from other enemies.

I don’t even want assassinations in H4.

I’d like them, yeah. It’s funny when it happens, whether it be you or a teammate. Unfortunately, some people get butthurt about it. They’d have to redo assassinations so that they are ones without a knife because MC doesn’t carry a knife.

> I’d like them, yeah. It’s funny when it happens, whether it be you or a teammate. Unfortunately, some people get butthurt about it. They’d have to redo assassinations so that they are ones without a knife because MC doesn’t carry a knife.

retcon!

I dont want real time assassinations in H4 … Just another pointless thing that ends up seriously slowing down gameplay and making it a chore to play.

There should be an option to switch between the animation of assassination and just the good ol’ beatdown assassination. For competitive player and casuals alike. Although the casuals got a whole game catered to their lack of skills…

I find them funny, ok a little annoying when it happens to me but still i get over it, get a bit mad and try for more kills. As for assasination’s, well I love them it can be very rewarding on several fronts. Assasinating the one that seems to be running around untouchable is a thrill, or the one who keeps killing ya team mate! or killing the enemy whilst they are trying to perform one on ya team mate. Just see it as a break from continuos machine gun fire. A little more bone breaking in the sound effects department and some more moves would be nice though!

ONLY! if the person being yoinked gets an assist.

Assassinations should have different buttons, like maybe holding down RB along with B to assassinate, but just pressing B to simply beat them down. This being on Recon settings. But as I said before, they need to be reworked so that MC can do different assassinations without a knife, as he does not carry one. Although, that could change. But I hope not.

I love assasinating i dont yoink if i can like everyone else i play with, so i would love it if they would NOT put yoinks in halo 4. Its just like stealing our hard earned assasinations that somtimes we do it because it looks awesome and somtimes we risk it because anyone can spam grenades at our feet and kill us and somtimes we die empty handed because of yoinkers.

I’d like to have them stay as its a tense moment trying to save your pal from near death. As for assassination being removed in general hell no. The way they work now should please both parties weather you like them or hate them as we can freely choose witch to do. I believe the community got spoiled with the beat down/assassination choice as many game developers wouldn’t take the time to try to please everyone.

No yoink
No assassination
No first strike
No “death/kill while reloading”
No revenge
No protector
No rejection
No moa

> I don’t even want assassinations in H4.

Thats stupid. They are fun, and optional. there is no reason they shouldn’t be in. other than pure stubborness.

> No yoink
> No assassination
> No first strike
> No "death/kill while reloading"
> No revenge
> No protector
> No rejection
> No moa

The italicized should be in the game, but make it so that you have the option to either assassinate or simply beat down by changing the buttons you must push. The bolded have no effect on the gameplay, so I don’t understand why you have beef with it. Moa are exclusive to the planet Reach, so you don’t have to worry.

> > No yoink
> > No assassination
> > No first strike
> > No "death/kill while reloading"
> > No revenge
> > No protector
> > No rejection
> > No moa
>
> The italicized should be in the game, but make it so that you have the option to either assassinate or simply beat down by changing the buttons you must push. The bolded have no effect on the gameplay, so I don’t understand why you have beef with it. Moa are exclusive to the planet Reach, so you don’t have to worry.

I was kind of proving a point. Reach has a lot of fluff in it. Most of those medals are for made-up stats, that give the illusion that you’re playing well when you’re just showing up. I shoot a guy and he’s reloading so I get a medal for it? It does have an effect on gameplay because the announcement comes up on the screen that I did something that didn’t matter, and it’s distracting.

Halo 4 is starting from scratch, so why not look closely at all the missteps that Bungie made with Reach. More medals that say nothing don’t help us to take the game seriously. Unfortunately, most players think CoD is a more “serious” game, and Halo isn’t helped by non-essential pretend-badass medals.

> I don’t even want assassinations in H4.

Either do I, but I couldn’t care less. I’ve actually never had someone yoink my assassinations before, but then again I almost always just do a regular backsmack.