Do you want weapon skins to return in Halo 5?

I liked the idea of the simple weapon skin in Halo 4. I agree some of them sucked, but there were select ones that really were good looking. Now if 343 decided to bring this back, it would be nice to customize that similar to the way we can customize our in game emblems’ colors, but more complicated. They can give us patterns or shapes to add to our guns if they are big enough, or we can have basic colors/shapes to make each gun visually cool.

I vote yes. I enjoyed getting to choose between different skins in 4 although without player specific loadouts in 5, I’m not sure weapon skins will work. Maybe in custom games though they could still include it.

Not really a fan of the weapon skins. maybe for forge but not for main game play in my books. in saying that not a big deal since I could just choose default either way.
I just want proper armour customization back instead of the 3 piece suit we got in the beta.

I’m all for weapon skins but how would it work? Maybe have it where someone could choose what skin every weapon in the game would have except only you would see those skins?

> 2533274915884038;4:
> I’m all for weapon skins but how would it work? Maybe have it where someone could choose what skin every weapon in the game would have except only you would see those skins?

or just give the option “show weapon skins {on/off}”

> 2533274803562826;5:
> > 2533274915884038;4:
> > I’m all for weapon skins but how would it work? Maybe have it where someone could choose what skin every weapon in the game would have except only you would see those skins?
>
>
> or just give the option “show weapon skins {on/off}”

Thats a good idea.

> 2533274803562826;3:
> Not really a fan of the weapon skins. maybe for forge but not for main game play in my books. in saying that not a big deal since I could just choose default either way.
> I just want proper armour customization back instead of the 3 piece suit we got in the beta.

Proper customization is the plain black/grey color on the guns. They are boring…having more color would make them look cool. Just adding a bit of color depth to each gun for the fun of it.

Of course I want it

It would be cool but not really necessary in my opinion.

I get why others like them, but I kinda prefer the militaristic side to Halo, so for me, stuff has to be military based colours i.e. green/black versus pink, and no weapon skins. I just don’t see weapon skins being allowed in the military, unless they were camos, so I’m not a fan of them. I know it’s an odd response, but we all like certain things in regards to Halo :slight_smile:

Going by their War Games philosophy, weapons skins could work. These are training exercises / simulations that Spartans are running through and I’m sure that a few of them would make some customisations for their personal weapons. We know Spartans have have done things like this in the past :slight_smile:

> Halsey: “What have you done with my armor?”
> Jorge-052: “Just some…additions I’ve made.”

How would they work without load outs?

> 2533274803562826;3:
> Not really a fan of the weapon skins. maybe for forge but not for main game play in my books. in saying that not a big deal since I could just choose default either way.
> I just want proper armour customization back instead of the 3 piece suit we got in the beta.

It was a beta and it actually had more customisation then the reach Beta 1920 different combinations vs 900 for reach.

Weapon skins could work if it applied only to whatever weapons you spawn with. Perhaps there could be a menu that allows you to pick a skin for each UNSC rifle and possibly the magnum. If the gametype has you spawn with one of the weapons you’ve customized, you will spawn with your skin on that rifle. The thing about weapon skins is that Halo 4 only added them because they worked with the loadout system. But I really do want to have the TEETH skin back on the AR.

no, i dont think so. just leave the guns natural looking. nothing annoys me more then playing cod and seeing a bunch of gold guns

> 2533274802469862;15:
> no, i dont think so. just leave the guns natural looking. nothing annoys me more then playing cod and seeing a bunch of gold guns

The golden guns from Call of Duty were awesome as well.

Maybe for custom games. Or perhaps if you pick up a certain weapon in general multiplayer you could toggle an option and only you can see it thus allowing others to see the guns normally.

NO NO NO NO

This would have been a great thread to include a poll. Also, yes I liked weapon skins. That shark one on the AR was beautiful.

WHERE IS POLL OP? :stuck_out_tongue: But I loved the skins in halo 4 you can’t go wrong with more customization in my book.