Do You Want Weapon Skins in Halo 5?

In Halo 4, 343 allowed players to customize their loadout weapon skins. Would you like to see weapon skins make a comeback in Halo 5: Guardians?

I could care less for weapon skins but it’s pretty much inevitable considering the popularity of skins in other FPS games.

Only if they are unlocked via achievements.

> 2533274795233660;3:
> Only if they are unlocked via achievements.

I agree. It would be nice to see additional unlocks besides nameplates for achievements.

It would be awesome if we were able to make out ow custom skins. I would go to town on something like that.

Dont care. I did very little with the customization in Reach and Halo 4.

My brother who also plays Halo, has kept his spartan on default sense Halo 3. He never even touched any of the customization stuff (except for his service tag so I could spot him within the fog of war).

No, I would rather the time, energy & money be spent on something that matters.

> 2533274866682248;7:
> No, I would rather the time, energy & money be spent on something that matters.

In the development sense skinning weapons takes very little time and energy. The base model for the weapon remains static and you are simply applying a coat of paint, so to speak. One guy working on weapon skins seems like a worthwhile time investment to me considering that the number of other people coming from games with skinned weapons, CS:GO, etc, would find the lack of any customization a downside to the game.

That’s not to say I’m in favor of weapon skins or as an exhaustive amount of customization as existed in Reach and Halo 4 however with the amount of bad mouthing 343 has been getting from people who believe they have not led the franchise in the right direction I believe it is in their best interest to include at least a minor amount of it.

I see no issue with weapon skins. And considering we are getting armor skins again, it seems likely they can return even without loadouts. Maybe despite no loadouts we can set a preferred skin for the weapons we spawn with?

> 2533274883849234;9:
> I see no issue with weapon skins. And considering we are getting armor skins again, it seems likely they can return even without loadouts. Maybe despite no loadouts we can set a preferred skin for the weapons we spawn with?

This would be as simple as setting your preferred skin for each weapon type in the character customization settings similar to how you customize your character’s armor preferences. This would make skins independent of loudouts which I prefer stay out of Halo 5.

This could cause a weird issue where you see a BR on map in its default skin and when you pick it up it switches to your weapon skin preference. Not sure how they’d get around this.

> 2533274809100878;5:
> It would be awesome if we were able to make out ow custom skins. I would go to town on something like that.

I agree. That would be pretty cool. c:

God no, this isn’t call of duty…

I want total remodeling skin packs. Like have one that makes every pistol you pick up look like the ODST pistol or one that reskins the plasma rifle into a Brute Plasma Rifle or turns the AR into a MA5K.

I would shell out uber $$$.

Most of the Halo 4 skins were lazy and uninspired. The only good ones were AR prime, and arctic BR.

Maybe the Red Spartan Laser we see in the HCS traier is a skin for th SL

As long as they can be unlocked through challenges and not added in through pretty order bonuses. Then yes

As long as they are unlocked in interesting, time consuming ways, I love the aspect of weapon skins. It puts no player at an advantage over another player, and it makes next to no difference in online play, I just think it’s nice to be able to think “I earned this and I can show it off to other players”. A lot like in CS:GO, even though that is a lot more luck based (cases) or if you have money to waste on an aesthetic (spending real money on them).

The best way for them to do it in my opinion is through earning different achievements (online based or through campaign achievements?) and also completing challenges, like the commendations in Halo 4.

If there were no weapon skins I wouldn’t really be bothered, it doesn’t make a difference either way. But I would like to see them make an appearance as it’s just another small feature that gives the player another thing to drive towards and something that other players can stare in awe at.

As somebody else said, only if they’re unlocked through achievements

I’d prefer not. Didn’t like them in halo 4. To me they just didn’t flow

As someone said it showed be unlockable though achievements, in terms of equipping them there should be a option in the armory so we don’t need loadouts. If you don’t like them then don’t use them.

I’m guessing it would work in the way of spawn weapons now that we cannot choose load outs. I would honestly love to see a CS:GO system for skins, players create most of them, they are sold in cases, and players get a chance for the great ones.

343 could also sell them on the market for higher prices to encourage players to try their luck.