Do you want Spartan Ops in Halo 5?

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on spartan ops. I’m pretty 50/50 on the matter. While spartan ops has a good story and pretty epic moments occasionally, most of the TWENTY-FIVE missions from the first half of season one were the same six or seven maps, which can be very repetitive. After I beat the missions, the only reason I go back back most of the time to play is for the xp. I feel as though the idea of spartan ops is great, but 343 does not have the time and resources to take it to it’s full potential, imagine how much time it would take to create 50 different maps. I think i would rather have a re-done fire fight mode, which would take less work and would keep most of us satisfied longer. Not just a new enemy type, such as the flood, but a completely re-done game mode. Bring in eight player co-op, objective, ect. The one thing that I love about spartan ops is the objective, which firefight lacks, without objective firefight gets boring after a while. So a somewhat combination of the two.

I love Spartan Ops. I hear, though, that 343 is putting their weight behind this second part of the season. New maps, engaging encounters, the works. Hopefully with better hardware Spops in Halo 5 could be as awesome as they have the potential to be.

Absolutely. So far I have enjoyed Spartan Ops.

I don’t even touch the mp really.

One thing I would like to see though would be AI squadmates if you’re running solo. After playing Spartan Mountain, I definitely want a team of Spartans (preferably customizable) that follow you around and fight with you all the time. They’re actually somewhat useful, unlike Noble Team.

As much as I love spartan ops. I’d have to say it all depends on how the next game is. Sure if infinity still decides to play a big part then I can see Spartan ops staying.

Yeah, but I hope that the missions are better designed :slight_smile:

firefight was more fun and less repetitive IMO

> I definitely want a team of Spartans (preferably customizable) that follow you around and fight with you all the time. They’re actually somewhat useful, unlike Noble Team.

Lol.

Last I checked there are 5 episodes with 5 chapters each, that is not 50. math fail. Maybe you should study more, instead of playing Halo. Burn

Bring back spartan ops and firefight they function the same but are different so both are needed

Yes and bring back Firefight as well.

> Last I checked there are 5 episodes with 5 chapters each, that is not 50. math fail. Maybe you should study more, instead of playing Halo. Burn

OMG you got me, 25 missions. You win an imaginary cookie!

Thanks for pointing that out though, i was thinking season wise.

I’d rather they have it from another perspective like Elite Ops, but if not, then yes.

Mmm, thanks for the cookie fittie. It’s yummy. And I like spartan ops. It’s like the mini-me of campains.

I absolutely LOVE Spartan Ops. It’s more than just a glorified Firefight.

It’s a story driven, missions based, objective firefight.

Interaction with campaign characters, even if for now is just in vids, makes this better than firefight. Getting to play on both campaign maps AND war games maps is awesome. I dont’ know about you folks, but I was floored the first time I got to play against enemies on Vahalla (Ragnarok). As a long time player, this was high on my wishlist (to play against Covenant on multiplayer maps).

Getting FIVE new missions a week! AWESOME. Even if the maps are reused, the missions are DIFFERENT.

Yes, there’s still a bunch of go here, press this button, kills these “bad guys.”

But isn’t that pretty much what all Halos have been. Heck even more FPS games for that matter. So no complaints from me for that. It’s a great standard.

So not only do I want it back, I want MORE of it and more interaction with campaign characters.

-HFFL
HaloFanForLife.com

Episode 6 is good I like the first chapter so by HALO 5 they would know how to improve Spartan op’s.

The only way I’ll support the idea of Spartan Ops 2.0 is if

[/li]- They make you play interesting characters like the Spartan 2’s and a story more centred on the characters your playing rather than abstarct characters who you never meet.

• They introduced new enemy types in spartan ops while expandeding on the current forerunner knights
  • More cinematic moments like in episode 6
  • Less radio chatter (especially from Palmer)
  • Limited pooled life
  • For gods sake dont make weapons despawn so quickly
  • allow you to play offline(seriously there is no excuse why you cant do this with Halo 4)

If they dont do that, they might as well make a Firefight 3.0 or atleast outsource it :stuck_out_tongue: (sorry couldnt resist)

P.s I would also like to see a progression system were you unlock upgrades for your AA’s , armour and weapons just for spartan ops. But I doubt that will happen…a man can dream

I am kind of annoyed with spartan ops. I was extremely excited for it, but after being able to spend some time with it I have found that it is just not very good. There is absolutely no punishment for dying, the net code they use for spartan ops and campaign has its well documented struggles, and the new enemies in Halo 4 are just not fun to fight. I would rather fight pure covenant than to have to deal with the cheap bullet sponge promethean enemies. Overall though it is a promising idea, they just need to find a way to bring back the fear of death, if they don’t then why even give us a health bar???

My internet connection is bad, and I kind of hate it how an entire game type (which was supposed to be replacing Firefight, something you could play offline with a silver account) is now Gold locked

Yes, it’s nicer, but it still doesn’t change the fact that you can’t use it :frowning:

If the missions aren’t better with original environments and it’s playable without Gold, (not downloadable, just playable) then no.

Id say yes. I like how its going and im hopping it only gets better. Maybe that instead of SPartans you could play as normal humans say an ODST and make it kinda like a sequal to ODST.