Do you want invasion to return?

If playable elites return would you like invasion from reach to return?
I both want it but also don’t mind if it doesn’t return because a lot of invasion players are quite toxic.

I want invasion to return, it’s my favorite game mode.

Easily my favorite game mode in Reach. I would like it if 343 were to somehow combine invasion with Warzone Assault. Keep reqs out of it but expand the maps from Reach.

Yes… I want a gamemode like Invasion to return. Except I want it to be bigger, think the Halo Reach Mod Extinction. Thats what I want Invasion to become

no. invasion was always a lopsided mess. If they overhauled it and made better maps, I could be fine with it. But if it was not there, I really would not notice

Yes of course!

Yes. Of course. But it does need more variety in goals per stage and slightly smaller maps. I kind of suffered from the same thing Warzone suffers from: long respawns and spawning far away from the action. But Invasion was dope as hell so I’d love to see it return!

I honestly didn’t care much for Invasion but I played it with my friends often so I wouldn’t mind it returning. I have my doubts about Sangheilis being playable again. What if instead, they give us flood infected Spartans like they do in the flood mode of Halo 4 and Infection in Halo 2 Anniversary to place emphasis on a none-human opponent as the other team in Invasion. Remember, Halo Infinite takes place on Installation 07 and that ring is saturated with flood history so it would be a shame to not have any references to them.

> 2533274840624875;5:
> no. invasion was always a lopsided mess. If they overhauled it and made better maps, I could be fine with it. But if it was not there, I really would not notice

I think I agree with you. I remember disliking every Invasion map other than Boneyard. If they can design better maps, then I would like it. If not, then I don’t think they should bother. But I do think they should try, because I think the idea is interesting, and it has only been tried in one Halo game. I think it deserves a second chance, but only if 343 is going to be serious about it.

I loved invasion in Reach, shame it takes too long to find matches there nowadays.

As for the bigger maps issue, a dynamic spawning system might help here. Turn spawn buddy into spawn buddies, and allow a set of 5-6 players to spawn in on each other (if the scale is upped, that is). Or, by default spawn on a transport mongoose (or equivalent), directly allowing you to travel to the hot zone without much of a fuss.

And perhaps my favourite: when spawning in, do so in an ODST drop pod. Cuts travel time to the hot zone dramatically. Select your spawning point while dead, and rejoin the fray with a dramatic entry.

I’ve seen some videos on the Reach Extinction mod, that stuff seems awesome. If 343 can turn something similar into a properly playable thing, I’d definitely be up for it.

> 2533274870308953;8:
> I honestly didn’t care much for Invasion but I played it with my friends often so I wouldn’t mind it returning. I have my doubts about Sangheilis being playable again. What if instead, they give us flood infected Spartans like they do in the flood mode of Halo 4 and Infection in Halo 2 Anniversary to place emphasis on a none-human opponent as the other team in Invasion. Remember, Halo Infinite takes place on Installation 07 and that ring is saturated with flood history so it would be a shame to not have any references to them.

I really like the idea of playing as a flood that would make things very interesting, and I would like to see a map designed with the flood in mind.

I was never a big fan, though i liked playing it from time to time. For me having that 3 phase game-mode was the most fun aspect. I just think Invasion would work, and get played far more as a gametype within BTB than a separate playlist splitting search times.

I think invasions with some modification and additions is a fantastic idea. 343 could also correct their mistakes with warzone assault. The thing I hated most from Reach and Halo 5 was spawning so far and having to run just to potentially get killed immediately. For Infinite I say the more the merrier.

I would love Invasion to come back in full force, it was my favorite gamemode that just never got another chance post Reach (until MCC Reach). As much fun and chaotic it was, it could use some changes and fixes.

• Respawn fixes on teammates that won’t disallow respawning for extended period of time when theirs not enough danger towards the target. - More fixed spawn location options that isn’t too far away from the action (even on the first phase). It sucks when you have to run toward the fight when you respawn at the beginning of later phases when the ordinance isn’t there after other players swipe them all. - More Spartans-on-the-offense game modes to accommodate with the custom maps. - No dialogue that happens after the time runs out and or when the attacking team wins the 3rd-and-final phase that still continues the game. Players always abuse that with teamkillings and such that still registers legit betrayals and suicides when the game is over but not entirely. - Allow it in Social Games. It can’t be a ranked game all the time! - Spartan-only and Elite-only versions, like UNSC vs Rebels or Swords of Sanghelios vs Jul’s Covenant. - A tiebreaker phase that is basically a very quick 10-point slayer match (not sudden death like with a one kill requirement or something) or 1 point CTF with less than 5 minutes on the clock if both teams are tied. - Rebalance vehicles like the Banshees and Wraiths. Reach’s Banshee is just beyond OP when in the hands of barbaric cheaters while Wraith’s should cause main gunner riders (holding the core or bomb or nothing at all) to slip off easily and or die after the drivers uses the boost, Breakpoint was just the breaking point of that unfair exploit (pun intended). - Anti spawn-camping soft kill zones. Spawn camping is wrong, especially when the attacking team is out numbered due to quitters (or AFK-ers) and keeps getting unfairly bounced on because of such (and also body disrespected too, jerks). - Mercy Rule, end the game if one team has one point above the other teams score during the second part of the entire game when the roles are reversed.Warzone in Halo 5 just didn’t suffice to that, mainly due to microtransactions and OP variants of everything…

EDIT 05-23-2020: Added another alteration needed; vehicle rebalance.
EDIT 05-25-2020: Added another alteration needed; anti-spawn camping soft kill zones.
EDIT 06-14-2020: Added another alteration needed; Mercy Rule.
EDIT 07-04-2020: Added another point-out in the “vehicle rebalance” alteration request and changed the “Tiebreaker” part slightly.

I loved invasion back in the day!
But I think 343i would have to modernise it a little more. Throw in some variety with objectives, make the maps a bit more balanced etc.

Invasion was revolutionary for its time in Halo. Things would definitely need a retweak to make the experience better. Would be cool to see that’s for sure

Since I believe every halo should have every type of game mode from previous releases, yeah. I mean even if 343i doesn’t want to add playable elites for “lore”, you could just as easily do it as training insurrectionist forces.

The thing I like about invasion is the crazy amount of creativity it allows for objectives. Pretty dope gametype, can see it being just as popular as BtB if done right. I would personally limit it to search parties to whatever you want the squad groups to be.

A combination between warzone and invasion without reqs would be incredible.

My answer is short but good YES!

> 2533274826620064;10:
> I loved invasion in Reach, shame it takes too long to find matches there nowadays.
>
> As for the bigger maps issue, a dynamic spawning system might help here. Turn spawn buddy into spawn buddies, and allow a set of 5-6 players to spawn in on each other (if the scale is upped, that is). Or, by default spawn on a transport mongoose (or equivalent), directly allowing you to travel to the hot zone without much of a fuss.
>
> And perhaps my favourite: when spawning in, do so in an ODST drop pod. Cuts travel time to the hot zone dramatically. Select your spawning point while dead, and rejoin the fray with a dramatic entry.
>
> I’ve seen some videos on the Reach Extinction mod, that stuff seems awesome. If 343 can turn something similar into a properly playable thing, I’d definitely be up for it.

Another thing that would be good for spawn buddies is that if a teammate is in a banshee you don’t have to worry about spawning in the air and falling to your death xD With spawn buddies you wouldn’t have to worry about that plus if a teammate is in combat you’d have another teammate to spawn on.

I loved Invasion mode.