Do You Want Heavies To Return?

I personally don’t. I hated choosing BTB hoping for a nice cap game or slayer and then everyone chooses Heavies. It’s just chaos and all guns that don’t shoot explody things or lasers are useless.

I’d be fine with it being an entire separate playlist, but to me it’s better if they just remove it altogether. Thoughts?

The whole point of big maps and big teams is to include vehicles…

If BTB Heavies just has more vehicles it’s just more focused on vehicular combat. If you don’t go into the BTB playlist for vehicular combat you should try a different playlist.

It’s why I don’t like to go to BTB, I don’t like too many vehicles.

I actually liked it a lot in Reach and Halo 3. There always seemed to be extra power weapons and vehicles left for everyone to use in the match, so nobody was left alone at the base with absolutely nothing.

Heavies is good when the map is balanced. The first version of Cragmire was just ridiculous.

I despise heavies. It’s just a load of chaos with hundreds of vehicles driving all over the place in every direction, from banshees and falcons, to scorpions, wraiths and gauss hogs.

It’s a horrible gametype, I prefer objective based gametypes. It adds strategy and teamwork to the game. It’s also much more enjoyable.

Yes Halo 3 varients were awesome but Some of reaches choices were bit horrible CoughBTB Heavies AsphaltCough pending on the new vehicles it could be even better.

As long as i’m not getting shafted on my kill count like in H:R.

> Some of reaches choices were bit horrible CoughBTB Heavies AsphaltCough

I always found Heavies on Asphalt to be very enjoyable. It was chaotic, but not too much so.

Heavies should definitely return, even if it is only in Action Sack.

Even in heavies more often than not my tool of destruction is the DMR I like heavies because it uses everything in the halo sandbox and that’s fun.

I like Heavies because it includes vehicles you don’t or rarely see in Matchmaking anymore like the scorpian or falcons.

I would love to see it return. It’s a fun gametype with lots of crazy action.

Ω

Heavies wouldn’t be necessary if some Halo maps were designed specifically for that sort of gametype and setup. The problem with Reach and H3 was that all maps weren’t designed for the Scorpion of the Gauss Hog, and so chucking those elements in there just completely broke the map meaning that more rocket launchers and lasers and snipers and other vehicles are needed.

Some maps work well with heavy weapons and vehicles because they were designed with them in mind. Containment worked well with Scorpions as default vehicles because there was lots of cover and counters to the tanks and alternate routes etc. On the other hand a map like Hemmorhage doesn’t work with Scorpions because it has absolutely no alternatives for the poor guys stuck in their base.

Absolutely. Some of the most fun I ever had in Halo 3 was BTS Heavy on Avalanche and Sandtrap. I really hope BTB gets some much needed love in Halo 4. Reach kind of ruined BTB because they removed everything awesome about. People cried that the Scorpion was “overpowered” when all they had to do was balance it out what add in some more power weapons.

> I despise heavies. It’s just a load of chaos with hundreds of vehicles driving all over the place in every direction, from banshees and falcons, to scorpions, wraiths and gauss hogs.

That’s what makes it awesome!

LOVE heavies!

> The whole point of big maps and big teams is to include vehicles…
>
> If BTB Heavies just has more vehicles it’s just more focused on vehicular combat. If you don’t go into the BTB playlist for vehicular combat you should try a different playlist.
>
> It’s why I don’t like to go to BTB, I don’t like too many vehicles.

LOL, really? Heavies? Focused on vehicular combat? Do you hear what your saying?

If anything heavies was designed for the fun fair soccer generation, everyone gets a vehicle, everyone gets a power weapon, skill free kills for one and all.

I would love to see the end of heavies, that chapter of halo needs to come to an end.

It’s a good gametype, but the matches need a good map to channel things…

Heavies should return, but there should be maps built around it so that game is better.

Heavies is one of my favorite playlists in Halo 3! Chaos and just good old fashioned man slaughter!

> > The whole point of big maps and big teams is to include vehicles…
> >
> > If BTB Heavies just has more vehicles it’s just more focused on vehicular combat. If you don’t go into the BTB playlist for vehicular combat you should try a different playlist.
> >
> > It’s why I don’t like to go to BTB, I don’t like too many vehicles.
>
> LOL, really? Heavies? Focused on vehicular combat? Do you hear what your saying?
>
> If anything heavies was designed for the fun fair soccer generation, everyone gets a vehicle, everyone gets a power weapon, skill free kills for one and all.
>
> I would love to see the end of heavies, that chapter of halo needs to come to an end.

Exactly. The wraith is usually the power vehicles everyone runs for, but on Heavies on the Spire, it’s just left there. It’s not vehicle focused whatsoever. Haemorrhage is a better map for vehicles, because even the warthog is a good vehicle.

<3 Halo 3 heavies. <3