Do you want Halo Waypoint Mobile for your iPhone/Android?

I thought I would take a poll of people who might want the Halo Waypoint Mobile App on something other then the Windows 7 phone.

Click the link below to take the poll!
Do you want Halo Waypoint Mobile for your iPhone/Android?<-- Take the poll

And then add your comments below about your reasons why.

Bungie.net forums Poll:
Do you want Halo Waypoint Mobile for your iPhone/Android?

Fixed the link to Bungie.net forum post ^

Already have it on my HD7 Windowsphone. Although, I wouldn’t mind an Android version for my Samsung Vibrant.

I think it would nice just to have more options for where we can access Halo Waypoint. More devices means more convenience, and more social interaction.

I’d love an Android app, yeah.

I made a even better forum poll about the issue on the Bungie.net forums <a href=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=56650227>Do you want Halo Waypoint Mobile for your iPhone/Android?

> I made a even better forum poll about the issue on the Bungie.net forums <a href=http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=56650227>Do you want Halo Waypoint Mobile for your iPhone/Android?

I just looped back to this thread when I clicked the link. lol

Maybe this

I would love the access it on my iPod touch.

I really want to have it for my mobile device because being able to run the application while I’m actually playing Halo Reach would way more convenient than switching back and forth between to the 2 Xbox applications. Of course I don’t own a Windows 7 Phone, and probably never will. It would be great if they do take the time to develop it for other devices. But the squeaky wheel gets the oil as they sometimes say.

Recently I sent a message to 343 Industries via Twitter about the issue at hand. I included a link to my blog article about it. The article has some related links to the several forum posts, and polls I made trying to get feedback from all of you.

I said:

> @HaloWaypoint Will you make Halo Waypoint Mobile for any other devices like the iPhone or Android? http://bit.ly/efgZ7W

343 Industries said:

> @Rebelord While we’re exploring the possibility of bringing it to other platforms, we have nothing specific to share at this time.
>
> @Rebelord We are thrilled there’s interest, though!

> Of course I don’t own a Windows 7 Phone, and probably never will.

You’re missing out. It’s a pretty awesome phone. (I’ve owned nothing but smart/supersmart phones for at least 5 years - Android, Windows, Apple, Nokia, Blackberry, etc…)

As for the Waypoint app, even though it is pretty cool, there isn’t much there that I can’t view if I were to just go to halo.xbox.com on my device. There are two buttons that are locked still. I’m hoping when the update for the app comes out that those buttons unlock and the app will be something I would want to use on a daily basis.

It looks pretty sweet on Windows Phones.

> I’m hoping when the update for the app comes out that those buttons unlock and the app will be something I would want to use on a daily basis.

That would be awesome. Don’t you think that would be awesome? I think it would be awesome.

Summary: Something about awesome.

> > I’m hoping when the update for the app comes out that those buttons unlock and the app will be something I would want to use on a daily basis.
>
> That would be awesome. Don’t you think that would be awesome? I think it would be awesome.
>
>
> Summary: Something about awesome.

Indeed. :slight_smile:
Any idea when teh awesomes is gonna happen?

I just don’t know how realistic it is for Microsoft to use one of their heavy hitting franchises on a competitors platform, albeit in the mobile space. I however would love it, as my provider Cincinnati Bell does not yet carry any of the w7 phones. 343, if you can make it happen that would be great!

> I just don’t know how realistic it is for Microsoft to use one of their heavy hitting franchises on a competitors platform, albeit in the mobile space. I however would love it, as my provider Cincinnati Bell does not yet carry any of the w7 phones. 343, if you can make it happen that would be great!

Good news is though that 343 Industries had a very positive response to the question when I asked them on twitter. So it doesn’t seem entirely impossible for them to actually make a port for other devices.

Yes, yes, and more yes! I would absolutely love Waypoint for my Samsung Epic (Android device).

i would absolutely love a Halo Waypoint app for my Droid. i have a great app for tracking my Bnet stats(medals, commendations, weapons, challenges, etc.). I’d love access to waypoint vids and forums.

I doubt Microsoft would allow it on any other platform besides Windows Phone. =/