Do you want Halo to take a darker approach.

As in, do you want the grunts to squeak and say all those funny lines, and have brightly coloured armour etc, or do you want Halo to be far more serious, darker and “scarier”.
I think the serious would benefit from taking this sort of approach, because I often am met with comments on how halo is immature by other people, yes they are ignorant, but these sort of things also give them more reasons to hate, as stupid as it sounds, they do. And also I think a scarier theme would add to the mystery of the ancient enemy and the planet they inhabbit.
Edit: Also im not saying completely remove all the jokes, or banish all bright colours, i just believe the they could tone it down a bit.

More serious. I always prefered game with a more serious tone (doesn’t mean you have to take out everything that is funny).

In the end I don’t care. I’l play Halo or any other game I have interest in even if rainbow were shoot from the gun.

Grunts can be given a darker feel while still being funny.

Mass effect 3 tried to be darker and edgier…so did DA2

remember what happened?

> Mass effect 3 tried to be darker and edgier…so did DA2
>
>
> remember what happened?

EA is what happened not the fact they tried to go darker.

>
>

Diablo III try to go cartoonish and casual remember what happen. There actual score are lower than mass effect 3. ;D

>
>

Yes, I remember. Every bit of the game but the last 2 minutes turned out nearly perfect.

…damn ending

>
>

No I don’t remember what happened but I remember the overlord dlc for mass effect 2 being more serious and scarier and it was a success. Overlord was one of my favorite DLCs for any game

The most serious -Yoink- is the most funniest thing to me.
ie.:
Pulp Fiction
Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels

If the lore is serious and the events not that much I tend to laugh my -Yoink- off :smiley:

Don’t go overboard and don’t do to little.

Bright shiny armor is a must. I love CE Goldies because I can spot them from miles away and they stand out. Absolutely hated H3 Brute Chieftains and Reach Zealots. They don’t stand out, not to mention that the Chieftains have cheap armor while the Zealots are a shadow of their glorious selves and are depicted as savages in cutscenes.

Grunty dialogue has never really amused me (save for that Thirsty Grunt on The Maw and the ‘if hungry, eat Jackal’ remark on Sacred Icon).

I look for Grunty behavior. The trilogy has maintained this while Reach did not imo.

CE: A+
-their panic animation isn’t speeded up/erratic like in H2 and H3
-sticking them with grenades or supercombine can make them try to get it off
-when they fall from heights, if they survive, they do this awesome pain animation
-their patrolling is very Grunty
-sleeping Grunts are fun to mess with. I.e. on AotCR, you’ll find some Grunts sleeping on the glass. Meleeing it will wake them up but they’ll go back to sleep
-more controllable
-Shade gunners
-fuel rod gun Grunts are very accurate and don’t need homing. Even with a Banshee that has hover, you’ll feel intimidated
-hell, just click here. This guy eats Grunts for breakfast

H2: A

-Grunt allies!! (in campaign, firefight doesn’t count since they’re expendable but in campaign, one will feel compelled to preserve them)
-rocket launcher Grunts
-Catch makes them scary, far more terrifying than in H3 or Reach

H3: B+
-they can be cute in the right circumstances
-they can go underwater
-I love how fuel rod gun Grunts toss so many grenades

Reach: D
-I’m being lenient.

I’ve made a playlist dedicated to trilogy Grunts, though I lack CE Grunt videos, unless you include this.

> > Mass effect 3 tried to be darker and edgier…so did DA2
> >
> >
> > remember what happened?
>
> Yes, I remember. Every bit of the game but the last 2 minutes turned out nearly perfect.
>
>
>
>
> …damn ending

which was an effect of trying WAY too hard to be darker and edgier and phylosophical…you know…galaxy in a dark age, hero dead or forever separated from his loved one, SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE and so on and so forth.

in other words developers often go overboard and I’d live for my new halo trilogy NOT to end that way or like Reach…

Dark is good.

Darkness is why I love Gears of War. The tragic story of Dom and Maria is what sucked me into it. Then the overall tone of the whole story kept me in.

> Dark is good.
>
> Darkness is why I love Gears of War. The tragic story of Dom and Maria is what sucked me into it. Then the overall tone of the whole story kept me in.

and yet it ends with the hero alive and with his woman alive too

secret for bittersweet ending = sense of accomplishment and SWEET needs to be there too

> > Dark is good.
> >
> > Darkness is why I love Gears of War. The tragic story of Dom and Maria is what sucked me into it. Then the overall tone of the whole story kept me in.
>
> and yet it ends with the hero alive and with his woman alive too
>
> secret for bittersweet ending = sense of accomplishment and SWEET needs to be there too

I can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not… lol

You’re saying that Gears did a good job of having a dark tone but with a good ending, right?

They have said that it’s going to be darker, espicialy when Halo 5 comes out

The funny parts were indeed funny, but I’d rather have the “darker” halo. I want to feel fear in the campaign. I hope the game is slightly more “gorey” too. Well I don’t care about blood, but I think death animations of enemies in the campaign could be made much more frightening, rather then the wort wort of elites.

> > > Dark is good.
> > >
> > > Darkness is why I love Gears of War. The tragic story of Dom and Maria is what sucked me into it. Then the overall tone of the whole story kept me in.
> >
> > and yet it ends with the hero alive and with his woman alive too
> >
> > secret for bittersweet ending = sense of accomplishment and SWEET needs to be there too
>
> I can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not… lol
>
> You’re saying that Gears did a good job of having a dark tone but with a good ending, right?

yup

Now that I read the op again, I have just one thing to say.

The Covies may be fit for horror but that doesn’t mean they’re going to behave like that. Besides, I haven’t seen anyone who has played the campaign demo say anything about having nightmare experiences.

I’m sure people still remember that Reach clip where an Elite minor wielding a sword shows his face. Looked intimidating but in the end, in gameplay, standard combat.

> > > Mass effect 3 tried to be darker and edgier…so did DA2
> > >
> > >
> > > remember what happened?
> >
> > Yes, I remember. Every bit of the game but the last 2 minutes turned out nearly perfect.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > …damn ending
>
> which was an effect of trying WAY too hard to be darker and edgier and phylosophical…you know…galaxy in a dark age, hero dead or forever separated from his loved one, SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE and so on and so forth.
>
> in other words developers often go overboard and I’d live for my new halo trilogy NOT to end that way or like Reach…

Should have let Marauder Shields save you from the bad ending. :frowning: