Do you want Cortana to die in Halo 4?

Thoughts? Personally, i think she should be brought to the brink of corruption and then be saved, possibly by the Didact (If he’s in the game) as forunners could make AI live forever, or Halsey returns and finds someway to restore her.

I dunno but this is a big part of our game and i think this should be discussed.

can AI really be killed?

OT: she shows obvious signs of rampancy…
and a part of a H4 campaign preview shows Cortana going " I will not allow you. to LEAVE.THIS.PLANET!!!"

No.

> <mark>can AI really be killed?</mark>
>
> OT: she shows obvious signs of rampancy…
> and a part of a H4 campaign preview shows Cortana going " I will not allow you. to LEAVE.THIS.PLANET!!!"

She can be “put down” because she will go rampant, and be a threat to human life.

> can AI really be killed?
>
> and a part of a H4 campaign preview shows Cortana going " I will not allow you. to LEAVE.THIS.PLANET!!!"

May be taking to the flood or some malevolent forerunner thing.

Yesss, she should die!!!

> > can AI really be killed?
> >
> > OT: she shows obvious signs of rampancy…
> > and a part of a H4 campaign preview shows Cortana going " I will not allow you. to LEAVE.THIS.PLANET!!!"
>
> May be taking to the flood or some malevolent forerunner thing.

She was talking to Del Rio, captain of the UNSC infinity, Master Chief said that they couldn’t leave because of what he saw, but Del Rio insisted, Cortana then angrilly screamed “I WILL NOT ALOW YOU TO LEAVE THIS PLANET!”

> > can AI really be killed?
> >
> > OT: she shows obvious signs of rampancy…
> > and a part of a H4 campaign preview shows Cortana going " I will not allow you. to LEAVE.THIS.PLANET!!!"
>
> May be taking to the flood or some malevolent forerunner thing.

Actually they showed that clip they showed at Comic Con with a side by side comparison of the cgi actors and the scene itself. She was talking to the chief and the crew of the INfinity

No… but I don’t see how she can survive without some type of re-birth (so to speak)… Although I need to read up more on Halo, to be honest.

> No… but I don’t see how she can survive without some type of re-birth (so to speak)… Although I need to read up more on Halo, to be honest.

Well forerunner made AI’s last forever, and cortana is a clone of Halseys brain, Halsey could just clone her again, so both could be ways of saving her

> can AI really be killed?
>

Yes they can, happens in the books…

If Cortana dies before the end of Halo 6, I will go on an Unfrigginbelieveable, stalking form cubicle to cubicle pumping rounds into fellow staff. Nah, jk, but 343i will get a F U fan letter from me.

Are you insane??? A lot of people (including me) burst into tears… I am still depressed too… They JUST DON’T KILL OFF Cortana… It felt like someone I love the most, passed away… if they do kill her off, then it would truly ruin the franchise for me because all I would think the whole time when playing ANY Halo Game is that Cortana dies… They wanted to make the game darker, they not only accomplished it but also made the whole series MUCH darker already… So PLEASE 343 Industries, Bring Her Back!!! … Here I am… listening to depressing songs again and again and crying almost every night! And to think of it “It’s just a game! No big deal!” Don’t any of you EVER say that!..

Even made 2 Music Videos on Halo and will make even more…
Here’s the links… Be sure to leave a comment and subscribe if you want…

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ongo0mnIVU
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCInzNm8Zc0

It’s not like I don’t have a life or anything but I do not consider Halo as “Just a game!” I have taken it pretty much seriously… I think 343 Industries did all this coz they must have thought that Halo players are taking Cortana too lightly and mostly not like a major character… That is exactly why they must have “killed” her… This must be THEIR way of saying," You DO NOT take Cortana lightly!"
Anyways, lets see… I think I can hold on a bit more as only 5 days left for E3…

>

You necroposted a 9 month old thread, which is definitely not allowed. Also, if you want to show the community what you have done, better go to the Community Creations forum.

Depending on the direction they go with, Cortana’s death is probably what is going to trigger more of Chief’s humanity. I can imagine him in Halo 5 making brash decisions in order to restore her.

>

I have a suspicion that you necro’d this purely to try and self advertise those videos you posted. No one is that dumb, I doubt anyone will watch them, I know I won’t.

MY THEORY ON CORTANA

In short… Cortana fell into slipspace with the composers at the end of Halo 4. Composer makes her a real girl via reversal of the Composer’s process (briefly mentioned by the Librarian). Click link for full explanation.