Do you want assassination's in Halo 4?

Title says it all. i think we should, that was probably the 1 good thing about reach :slight_smile:

Yes, I would welcome their return. They might want to work on the separation between a quick ninja move and a full blown assassination though for those that want a quick kill.

I say “Yes!”, too. But it should be optional. press the button for a little bit longer time to do the assassination. :wink:

B-but, the assassination animations weren’t in past Halo’s! They aren’t Halo!

NO

I know its not original halo but I think if 343 really wanted to they could perfect the Assassinations and make them flow better. and it would be cool if they had an option where you can turn them on and off for your character.

Doesn’t matter as long as there’s a way to toggle them off for those who don’t want them.

If they do decide to keep them, they could use some tweaks.

In agreement with the posts above, make the time difference between a little love tap and a spine ripping execution a bit longer. There’s been many a time in Reach where I’ve done an Assassination when I just wanted to whack them in the back.

I would welcome their return. It adds a certain flair to getting kills and is oh-so-satisfying sometimes. They could opt to remove them from MP though, and have them in Campaign only.

I would be very disappointed if assassinations didn’t return in 4; the animations for assassinations were among my favorite new additions to campaign and firefight in Reach.

That said, I can understand why some people hate them, particularly the MM crowd since it slows down the killing process and makes you a target. Disabling them for all MM playlists could work but the problem there would be the few who don’t mind them (and it would mean the loss of nice screenshots and videos). Best option would probably be to let each player go into their game settings and toggle the animations on/off for each aspect of the game: firefight, campaign, and multiplayer.

Just have them turned off in ‘Ranked’ playlists, and allow them in the ‘Social’ ones, that seems to be the perfect balance.

I personally don’t want them in Halo 4. They’re silly, to be honest. Plus it’s bloody annoying when you just want to back smack someone but end up doing an assassination anyway! Even when you only tapped melee… so if 343 are insistent on adding 'em in at least give us a toggle like someone else suggested. It’d be great if they were totally removed from competitive playlists too.

As long as they take out Yoinking! yoinks. but i dont mind if there in or not

The assassination should stay, but make it a little less sensitive. I hate having to go through the animation right in the middle of a major fight only to have some other guy get a showstopper.

Why not? It’s a cool addition to halo, i don’t see why we wouldn’t keep it. Sure we can remove the ability to yoink! those assassination wich is stupid if you ask me. I think assassinations should be everywhere not campaign or firefight. People who rage because of 3-4 extra second obviously take the game too seriously or just aren’t good enough to make the difference between a light tap and smashing your hand on LB

Not really.

Yes but faster and maybe in FPP.

> Yes, I would welcome their return. They might want to work on the separation between a quick ninja move and a full blown assassination though for those that want a quick kill.

Exactly, I’d say a toggle option would do this. But then we are still left with those people who sometimes want to do assasinations, but sometimes don’t, depending on the situation.

Yes! One of the only good additions Reach brought

As long as they add new assassinations and make it less sensative when your tappin the m ellee buton, im sur eveyones happy…well…almost everyone

> I would be very disappointed if assassinations didn’t return in 4; the animations for assassinations were among my favorite new additions to campaign and firefight in Reach.
>
> That said, I can understand why some people hate them, particularly the MM crowd since it slows down the killing process and makes you a target. Disabling them for all MM playlists could work but the problem there would be the few who don’t mind them (and it would mean the loss of nice screenshots and videos). Best option would probably be to let each player go into their game settings and toggle the animations on/off for each aspect of the game: firefight, campaign, and multiplayer.

Indeed