Do you think we will drive a mech?

If you watched the theatrical trailer then you noticed that the mech was moving, it would be pretty dirty if 343 teased us with that and we don’t get to control it. I have dreamed of playing a realistic avatar game. :smiley:

You’ve seen it with your own eyes. I’m sure we’ll be able to drive it. :smiley:

I can’t wait to step on some grunts with it.

EDIT: While this is not confirmation, it makes it likely.

Maybe in campaign, perhaps in Spartan Ops once or twice. Definitely not in MP.

> You’ve see nit with your own eyes. I’m sure we’ll be able to drive it.

Well, unless we see footage of Chief driving it, we can’t assume anything.

I thought that 343i said that you can’t control it. I can’t remember where I heard that from.

343i has already given a no on the multiplayer side. I would assume campaign is a similar situation.

If they put the mech, elephant, or pelican in forge i would be siked.

> I thought that 343i said that you can’t control it. I can’t remember where I heard that from.

They were referring to the Cyclops. This is different, I believe.

> > You’ve seen it with your own eyes. I’m sure we’ll be able to drive it.
>
> Well, unless we see footage of Chief driving it, we can’t assume anything.

We have, a split second of the theatrical trailer of chief getting into it and taking a step forward. While this is not confirmation, it is likely.

We better.

> > > You’ve seen it with your own eyes. I’m sure we’ll be able to drive it.
> >
> > Well, unless we see footage of Chief driving it, we can’t assume anything.
>
> We have, a split second of the theatrical trailer of chief getting into it and taking a step forward. While this is not confirmation, it is likely.

I guess so, but don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

> > > > You’ve seen it with your own eyes. I’m sure we’ll be able to drive it.
> > >
> > > Well, unless we see footage of Chief driving it, we can’t assume anything.
> >
> > We have, a split second of the theatrical trailer of chief getting into it and taking a step forward. While this is not confirmation, it is likely.
>
> I guess so, but don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

I’m not, at least one of these eggs better spit out a chick though. :smiley:

I don’t get it, what is the point of a mech in the future?

we are not going to be able operate the mech at any point in the game, frank o’connor said that

It looks like we might in campaign. Though I want to see an upgraded Locust replace the Wraith. Now that would be fun to pilot.

I certainly hope so, at least in campaign and Spartan Ops. I doubt that it will be in multiplayer because you would need large maps. Unless it’s Mech vs Mech. Maybe BTB Heavy.

Besides, some people don’t even like AA’s, much less Mechs.

It’d be cool, though.

> we are not going to be able operate the mech at any point in the game, frank o’connor said that

Frank said we couldn’t operate the Cyclops Mk.II, he said nothing about the new mech.

> > we are not going to be able operate the mech at any point in the game, frank o’connor said that
>
> Frank said we couldn’t operate the Cyclops Mk.II, he said nothing about the new mech.

oh right i thought they were the same, silly me.

Master Chief half ton, ring world killing man machine inside of a giant mech … Credits scroll Master Chief wins THE END

We’ve seen Pelicans being flown in trailers before, but did we get to fly them?