Do you think there will be multiple endings

I think there will be

Maybe?? Halo doesn’t really have a track record for multiple endings even though Halo 2’s campaign covered Master Chief and the Arbiter. So I don’t know if they will do multiple endings but who knows, right?

really hope not… then it sets up different scenarios… i was never a fan of alternate endings in any game.

There must be a legendary ending, but an alternate ending? Perhaps, but they both need to be possible, no chief lives chief dies weirdness please. I would like multiple endings that cover different events, like if you perform better as locke you get an ending that focuses a little bit more on his perspective or vice versa, maybe there can be a joke ending if you finish it absurdly fast, and an ending where we see a sort of epilogue of events like halo 3’s ending for a laso completion. Could be cool.

No please no

Surprisingly, many people are coting for multiple. Personally, I don’t think there will be - it is not a trend of past Halo games, nor would it make sense for a direct sequel later (which is the “real” ending?). I could see a legendary ending, or perhaps a final chapter with the real ending (assuming a very linear game). But if it’s the open world epic that we have been hinted at, then only one solid ending would make sense.

Games with multiple endings tend to sacrifice in the overall plot to make room for these events. Halo isn’t Mass Effect, either, so the next fame relying on 5 would make for an awkward player experience.

heck no it will mess with the canon

343 is very much an ‘absolute canon’ developer. I very much doubt there will be multiple endings.

Don’t think we’ll see alternate endings in that decisions you make in the story made a part but we’ll likely see a special legendary only ending as tradition has it.

343i doesnt have the skill to pull off a player determined canon universe like Bioware and thats ok. I dont want multiple endings.

No. But if you mean a regular and legendary ending, I hope so.

I think there is next to no chance for 343 to make multiple endings. The simple reason is that it would tear apart the plot. This is a thing some games can afford, but in Halo’s case, along with it’s intense canon, it’s just impossible. The Halo Universe has been expanding for quite some time now as it will, since we do know that the Reclaimer Saga will have a 3rd and most likely a 4th installment.

I can only imagine 2 different endings in case they barely differ. Maybe two different perspectives of the same event, or just having some difference in the method something happens having the same conclusion. (A quick example: The cutscene from ODST when Dutch jumps off a cliff with a Warthog/Ghost/Chopper. Canonically we don’t know which one he drove, but it doesn’t matter, it’s irrelevant.)

However, as already mentioned above, we’ll definitely get a Legendary Ending, simply because every single Halo FPS had one, so it’s sort of a tradition by now, I guess.

No. 343 Industries prefer definitive canon over ambiguity and endings brought on by player choice. In most instances, they also prefer to flesh out characters instead of allow the player to model the characters. In fact, just recently in Halo: New Blood, Noble Six was confirmed to be canonically male and they killed the Rookie since they didn’t want to continue the arc of a silent protagonist. So I can’t see them allowing the decision of players to have any effect on the story. Unless of course it’s something inconsequential or minor, such as multiplayer avatars and Crimson team in Spartan Ops.

The only instances in which player choice has ever affected the greater storyline was through the decision to collect the audio logs. Collecting them all would reveal the fate of Dr. Endesha and change the Rookie’s disposition to Vergil upon their first encounter. That’s one of the only ways I see that happening; and even that’s unlikely. Perhaps it’s for the better since having multiple endings leaves too many variables and it’s well… open-ended. Besides, I think it works better to allow Chief’s motivasions to develop as a character, instead of letting us define them. 343’s decision to humanize Chief in the games is one of the major things that separates 343 from Bungie.

> 2533274823069762;10:
> 343i doesnt have the skill to pull off a player determined canon universe like Bioware and thats ok. I dont want multiple endings.

How do you know that? 343 have proven themselves to be adept at telling stories and developing characters.

I hope not!

Halo has never been one for “canon” alternate endings and I don’t believe they intend to do so with Halo 5.

Maybe they campaign will be set up like Resident Evil 2. In RE 2, you choose to either play as Leon or Claire, and if this was the case for Halo 5 we would choose to either play as Locke or Chief first. Then, after beating the initial campaign as them (scenario A) we would unlock an alternative scenario for the other character (scenario B). Events in the campaign could be based on both scenario and character factors. For instance, in RE 2, the scenario A character would always go to the gun shop, whereas the scenario B character would always start at the police station. However, only Leon met Ada, and only Claire met Brian, regardless of which one you played as first or second.

Anyway, the first time you beat RE 2 you got an ending where you and your friends made it to the train and escaped, and that was the end. However, the second playthrough (scenario B) showed that something happened after that scene, and there was one more boss fight. But either way, the ending was basically the same.

Maybe Halo 5 will be like that. It will probably be like Halo 2, but I think it’s a cool idea nonetheless.

Nope. 0% chance of multiple endings. This, I guarantee.

They cant build on a universe with 2 possible scenarios/endings, and I know they aren’t going to take the “multiple dimensions” route or make one of the 2 choices canon and flip off everyone that chose the “un-canon” ending.

> 2533274823069762;10:
> 343i doesnt have the skill to pull off a player determined canon universe like Bioware and thats ok. I dont want multiple endings.

I wouldn’t say they lack the skill, they are simply working with an established universe that was never meant to be like that.

> 2535464699776153;17:
> Nope. 0% chance of multiple endings. This, I guarantee.
>
> They cant build on a universe with 2 possible scenarios/endings, and I know they aren’t going to take the “multiple dimensions” route or make one of the 2 choices canon and flip off everyone that chose the “un-canon” ending.

I hate it when games do that. >.>

No, Halo is a universe with a very definitive cannon. Having more then one ending would mess with that and force one to be cannon in the next game, look at force unleashed, thus making the noncannon ending pointless. Only games like Mass Effect work with this because there is no definitive choices.