Do you think the DMR is a bit OP?

As you guys know recently Halo 4 came out. I been playing the game since it came out and spent about 10 hours in Multiplayer, so far I been having a blast. Later on, as I got more into MP. You start to discover certain issues or things that you feel that aren’t right. At least in my case. I notice that I was getting out gunned by players using DMRs. It seems that the DMR inflicts more damage than the Covenant Carbine, the BR, and the Light Rifle. It takes approx. 3-4 shots to kill players assuming they are all headshots, compared to the BR who takes a minimum of 5 shots to the head. That’s not it but it also has incredible range, just like the sniper rifle. The only difference is that it just takes 2 more shots than the sniper rifle. It just feels that the DMR is a bit OP. Maybe it isn’t but if you have half of the people in your lobby using it. Then there must be something that makes her the best choice. What are your opinions?

DMR needs more bloom. Add 10% more and it will be fine

Its fine, remember that has to compete with the Light rifle and that thing can kill at 4 shots zoomed and has next to no bloom.

Look at your stats. I bet that the DMR is the weapon that killed most of you the most.

Tone down the aim assist on all the guns, if anything.

I dont think your right on 3 to 4 shots, its actuly on par with the BR 5 shots ( pulled trigger) to kill i tested this out on split screen and the DMR and BR dish out the same damage. Only thing with the BR is you have to hit every bullet of that burst to make it count, if your not good shot well then good luck, although it seems the BR has more interupt with the burst so Oros and Cons.

actually the BR is what kills me the most from what i see…cant find the death stats(if you find them please tell me where the heck they are.)

I think that it takes 4 shots while zoomed in and 5 shots without zoomed in. And what you said about the BR is true you have to hit the target with all the bullets in the burst fire. Which makes it a bit unattractive compared to the DMR who only needs one bullet to inflict the same damage as 3 bullets of the BR burst fire. Which why I think is a bit better than the BR.

Go to your Career -> Halo 4 Stats(Not Halo 4 Overvier) -> Wargames -> Game Variants -> Scroll down until you find the Wepos Pics -> Click on View all Weapons.

It is the new utility weapon of Halo mp. It generally wins at all ranges. Give it a lower rate of fire, and that will the one more problem to check off the list.

> I think that it takes 4 shots while zoomed in and 5 shots without zoomed in. And what you said about the BR is true you have to hit the target with all the bullets in the burst fire. Which makes it a bit unattractive compared to the DMR who only needs one bullet to inflict the same damage as 3 bullets of the BR burst fire. Which why I think is a bit better than the BR.

Believe me, it’s almost impossible to miss one bullet or two and not all three of the burst. The gun’s aim assist is so massively high that it forces you to always hit all three bullets. The BR is massively easy to use and that’s why it’s kill time is fairly low now. The DMR has the least amount of aim assist and it has bloom so that’s why it’s kill time is fastest. The DMR is not overpowered it just rewards the better skilled players.

Im not sure if it rewards skill players it rewards anyone who use the gun TBH.

No

To me it’s not that the DMR needs a nerf, it’s that a couple of the other rifles need a slight boost.

Agree some Rifle need some boost.

> Im not sure if it rewards skill players it rewards anyone who use the gun TBH.

If you’re running in a straight line every time it’s not hard for them to spam the trigger and hit you. If you even do the slightest hint of strafing, you’ll be able to easily win with the BR.

As it was said multiple times. Best ways to fix the DMR to make it more balanced is to either.

• Up the bloom on it to where you are forced to aim your shots and reacts more like 50-75% bloom DMR from Reach

• Lower the Fire rate completely, on par with the BR.

• Up all weapon damage by 10% (which makes the BR a 4sk) and the DMR (5sk)

Either way, hopefully one of these options is picked soon. I’m not sure how much of that crazy DMR I can stand.

> It is the new utility weapon of Halo mp. It generally wins at all ranges. Give it a lower rate of fire, and that will the one more problem to check off the list.

This^

Starting weapons don’t need any boost the DMR just needs to be tweaked so it isn’t good at every range.