do you think that "the thing" is a precusor? (cryptum spoilers)

im refering to the prisoner in halo cryptum. honestly im not to sure since it was locked up in precusor technology so why would he be their unless he was a criminal.(which is a possiblity)

but than again I also wonder if the forunners did fight the precusors and that knowledge got hidden like the knowledge of the halo array.

all in all I think it’s a possibility he’s a precusor but i am a bit skeptical on weather or not he’s lieing, so what do you think

> im refering to the prisoner in halo cryptum. honestly im not to sure since it was locked up in precusor technology so why would he be their unless he was a criminal.(which is a possiblity)
>
> but than again I also wonder if the forunners did fight the precusors and that knowledge got hidden like the knowledge of the halo array.
>
> all in all I think it’s a possibility he’s a precusor but i am a bit skeptical on weather or not he’s lieing, so what do you think

Last of its kind all alone.

I see no reason for it to lie to Didact.

I can easily believe that the Forerunners wiped out the Precursors and he was the last one.

> I can easily believe that the Forerunners wiped out the Precursors and he was the last one.

I can easily believe that not all precursors were in the Milky Way Galaxy.

from what I have read he was the last precursor in the milky way. I dont believe they were wiped out, apparently they became “godlike” which reminds me of ascension in stargate mythology. Anyway, its quite possible that the precursors split into 2 groups. The first group ascended and became pure energy. The second group stayed behind and this prisoner is the last remaining one. If you honestly think about it, there are a lot of similarities between stargate and halo which is a good thing as they are both epic winning :smiley:

> from what I have read he was the last precursor in the milky way. I dont believe they were wiped out, apparently they became “godlike” which reminds me of ascension in stargate mythology. Anyway, its quite possible that the precursors split into 2 groups. The first group ascended and became pure energy. The second group stayed behind and this prisoner is the last remaining one. If you honestly think about it, there are a lot of similarities between stargate and halo which is a good thing as they are both epic winning :smiley:

yes both are awesome, however im just curious why he would be locked up by himself or other precusors

time capsule? or some kind of escape pod to attempt to out live the foreunners? For all we know the prisoner is female and pregnant and in the time capsule thing to prevent her from giving birth untill the forerunners die out or something. Just something I pondered over

Greg implied he was lying so no.

not to mention the didact says “the humans once though it to be a precursor”

so it clearly isn’t