do you think SPARTAN-IV's will be in halo 4?

I think they will because halo glasslands was suposed to give us some new unconfirmed information on halo 4 and the SPARTAN-IV wasmentioned for the first time in the book so I think its possible.

no. Maybe halo 5.

In that concept art trailer we did see some human ship falling towards the planet. Which might be the UNSC Infinity.

In the Halo wiki. For Halo 4 for the vehicle list it has UNSC Infinity listed. The crew of the ship consisted of several SPARTAN-IVs. So there is a good chance there will be SPARTAN-IVs in Halo 4.

With all these new Spartans crawling out of the woodwork, I feel as though the Master Chief has lost some of the appeal that went along with him being “the last of the Spartans”. It was bad enough when the books amended the canon so as to make him “one of the last Spartans”. Now he’s simply one among many.

Well, the UNSC Infinity was seen in a Halo 4 concept art image at HaloFest, and it looked pretty similar to the ship in the beginning of the concept art trailer. There were a group of Spartan IVs on the ship so it’s a possibility that they might be in Halo 4.

They don’t need to be.

I wonder what these Spartan IV’s are going to do. Are they like III’s or stronger than II’s?

hmm. maybe. since theyre affiliated with UNSC Infinity, and its been said that the Infinity will be in Halo 4. if not H4, Halo 5.

You know, if 343 keeps throwing all these things from the books into the games, they are going to have to spend half the game explaining what the Hell they are.

or you drink a lot of Vodka and just play and see what happens. Lol

If any spartans accompany john, i’d like for it to only be jun, fred, and a few spartan-iv’s. Ideally, if it fit canon, i’d like to have fred and two spartan-iv’s to accompany john.

> If any spartans accompany john, i’d like for it to only be jun, fred, and a few spartan-iv’s. Ideally, if it fit canon, i’d like to have fred and two spartan-iv’s to accompany john.

Dude, Jun’s pretty much dead, 343 said they have no plans whatsoever to use the character. Everyone else you mentioned should really stay in the novels. I mean, who else is going to protect the rest of the UNSC if all of the Spartans are in one area?

That has “Tragedy coming in…” written all over it.

> You know, if 343 keeps throwing all these things from the books into the games, they are going to have to spend half the game explaining what the Hell they are.

I agree. So long as the books remain separate, I can continue to ignore their supposed place in the canon.

> With all these new Spartans crawling out of the woodwork, I feel as though the Master Chief has lost some of the appeal that went along with him being “the last of the Spartans”. It was bad enough when the books amended the canon so as to make him “one of the last Spartans”. Now he’s simply one among many.

I actually liked that he was one of the last. Cause we know he’s not the best, he’s just been lucky. So showing that there are others like him, who have not yet been killed, makes them part of the elite. Which shows how much skill MC actually has, and how much he actually ends up relying on his luck.

Although, I agree I don’t like him now being on of many. The specialty is gone. Thats the main reason I didn’t entirely mind the Spartan-III’s. They were expendable heroes, and they were expended. What I dislike about Spartan-IV’s is that it seems like there’s this easy way to have done this all along, and as soon as we’re out of the war we have a mass production line for these things? Where was that research during the war?

Another thing that makes it fun to play as Master Chief is because the Spartan-II’s had to have the right genetics. So not only were you limited by that, but then they had to survive the augmentation process, which narrowed it down further. You were playing as one of the extremely select few in the galaxy, that could even handle all of the events that happened and still turn out fine.

Spartan-IV’s are just any guy turned into a super soldier. What’s special about that? Why does that make my experience as a gamer, fun? Personally, I don’t think it adds to the experience, but I definitely think its a factor.

> I actually liked that he was one of the last. Cause we know he’s not the best, he’s just been lucky. So showing that there are others like him, who have not yet been killed, makes them part of the elite. Which shows how much skill MC actually has, and how much he actually ends up relying on his luck.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t the death of every other Spartan emphasise Master Chief’s skill all the more.

> You know, if 343 keeps throwing all these things from the books into the games, they are going to have to spend half the game explaining what the Hell they are.

there were SPARTAN-IIIs in Halo Reach. 343 never really “explained” them.

> > If any spartans accompany john, i’d like for it to only be jun, fred, and a few spartan-iv’s. Ideally, if it fit canon, i’d like to have fred and two spartan-iv’s to accompany john.
>
> Dude, Jun’s pretty much dead, 343 said they have no plans whatsoever to use the character. Everyone else you mentioned should really stay in the novels. I mean, who else is going to protect the rest of the UNSC if all of the Spartans are in one area?
>
> That has “Tragedy coming in…” written all over it.

Huh, I see what you mean.
Also, I hadn’t heard the news about Jun, thanks for informing me. I agree with you in the fact that half of the fanbase that haven’t read the novels would have no idea what is happening. To tell the truth, after reading this, I threw my idea out the window, lol. I also like the idea of a mysterious, “Where am I, I’m by myself” kind of feeling in the game, at least until the the UNSC ships from the concept art trailer show up.

> > I actually liked that he was one of the last. Cause we know he’s not the best, he’s just been lucky. So showing that there are others like him, who have not yet been killed, makes them part of the elite. Which shows how much skill MC actually has, and how much he actually ends up relying on his luck.
>
> Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t the death of every other Spartan emphasise Master Chief’s skill all the more.

In a sense. But he was separated from them, which would have saved him and all the other Spartans died. Therefore if he had not escaped Reach (with the idea that the Spartans died there and in fact, did not, survive) then chances are he would have died too.

Luck saved him, not skill. I’m willing to bet any of the remaining Spartans would have been able to go through the events of Halo CE-3.

The idea that he’s part of an elite group seems more credible, IMHO, rather than him being the last of the elite who were all slaughtered. Shows their might.

This is really all opinion and I’m not calling anyone out, just putting out my thoughts.

> Luck saved him, not skill. I’m willing to bet any of the remaining Spartans would have been able to go through the events of Halo CE-3.

I don’t like this at all. It undermines the Master Chief’s character to a colossal extent. I understand that Cortana herself proclaimed him luckier than most, but luck generally doesn’t come into play for complex events. I think that what is really instinct and aptitude can easily be mistaken for luck by the outside observer. In fact, if we’re bringing luck into the Halo series as a tangible force, then I’m afraid we’re crossing into the realm of fantasy and magic.

Edit: Could I have used the word “luck” any more times in this post?

It seems highly logical to include them in the game. We know that the UNSC Infinity will be involved with Halo 4 to some degree (they wouldn’t display it in concept art at a public event for funsies; it will probably be in the game) and we know from Halo: Glasslands that there were Spartan IV’s present on the Infinity before the first trials began.

While it would not be much of a stretch to say that the Spartan IV’s on the Infinity left at some point before it appears in Halo 4, it would not be much of a stretch to conjecture that they will be present as well.

From a gameplay standpoint, if the adversaries in Halo 4 are indeed very dangerous and powerful (Flood, Forerunners, Precursors, etc.), having reliable teammates similar to ODSTs (but presumably with MJORNIR MARK VII Armor or something similar to combat tougher enemies in both a canonical and gameplay sense) would be necessary.