Do you think Kazuma is a good successor to Marty?

Knowing that Marty is probably never going to come back to compose music for the Halo series it’s very obvious someone else would have to compose the music.

After hearing Kazuma’s pieces from Halo 4 and some from Halo 5 I think he’s doing an amazing job. Marty built the foundations of the music for the world of Halo much like how Williams built the foundations of how Star Wars music should sound.

I personally feel Kazuma brings something new to the table for the music of Halo while also acknowledging and respecting Marty’s work.

I’d say he’s doing a pretty great job so far, as I understand it he was also responsible for the better parts of Halo 4’s soundtrack so I am glad he got full control this time around.

> 2533274889769850;1:
> Knowing that Marty is probably never going to come back to compose music for the Halo series it’s very obvious someone else would have to compose the music.
>
> After hearing Kazuma’s pieces from Halo 4 and some from Halo 5 I think he’s doing an amazing job. Marty built the foundations of the music for the world of Halo much like how Williams built the foundations of how Star Wars music should sound.
>
> I personally feel Kazuma brings something new to the table for the music of Halo while also acknowledging and respecting Marty’s work.

I’m impressed with Kazuma thus far

I no longer miss Marty as much.

100%. I was not satisfied with Marty’s work with Destiny at all.

> 2533274837720524;5:
> 100%. I was not satisfied with Marty’s work with Destiny at all.

To be fair, I don’t think Marty really put his heart into the Destiny music like he did when he worked on Halo. The whole legal battle between him and Bungie had been going on for a while.

Absolutely. I think he is a worthy successor to Marty and that’s no small feat coming from me. Marty in my eyes is almost untouchable.

The game itself has evolved into something different, it would make sense the music would as well.

I enjoyed watching the Sprint episode and the closeness between members of the audio team can only bring good things. Very much looking forward to the soundtrack.

Marty is skilled in narrating a detailed story with his music, taking advantage of every moment he weaves a delicate balance between game play and the gamer’s emotions and reactions.
Halo 4 soundtrack painted the Halo universe well, but I can’t really associate a moment with a particular piece.

As a musician myself I think he is doing a fantastic job of bringing new flavor to the main themes of halo.

Absolutely. Hes captured the feel and essence of halo but at the same time isn’t afraid to branch out and experiment. A fantastic balance between new and old, a lot like Halo 5 its self.

Yes.

Wasn’t a huge fan of the Halo 4 soundtrack, sounds like Halo 5s is a bit more Haloesque and he’s gone back to the roots a bit more and given his own take on certain pieces which I like

We need Zack Hemsey.

I don’t know about you guys, but that piece from the game that they revealed in the Sprint season 3 episode sent chills down my spine and brought tears to my eyes. So yes I do believe he is an excellent successor to Marty.

After The Sprint episodes 1 and 2 from Season 3, Kazuma gets ALL my yes. I think he’s done an amazing job, including the great work he and the team put into Halo 4. To say I’m excited to hear the full OST for Halo 5 would be a serious understatement :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;15:
> After The Sprint episodes 1 and 2 from Season 3, Kazuma gets ALL my yes. I think he’s done an amazing job, including the great work he and the team put into Halo 4. To say I’m excited to hear the full OST for Halo 5 would be a serious understatement :slight_smile:

Totally agree with this. The episode “Composer” when they all start playing the Blue Team theme was just incredible, will be buying the soundtrack for sure.

Kazuma and the the whole music team for Halo 5 are absolutely nailing it.

> 2533274813317074;15:
> After The Sprint episodes 1 and 2 from Season 3, Kazuma gets ALL my yes. I think he’s done an amazing job, including the great work he and the team put into Halo 4. To say I’m excited to hear the full OST for Halo 5 would be a serious understatement :slight_smile:

I absolutely agree with this. You can tell Kazuma and the rest of the music team really care about trying to capture the classic Halo essence while giving a new take on some of the most recognizable pieces. The Sprint showed how they have the deepest respect for what Marty and his team had brought to life while simultaneously recognizing how important the OST is to the fanbase.

I mainly appreciate that they want to carry on the legacy from previous OSTs by letting future OSTs grow on those building blocks. While I enjoyed the tracks Kazuma did on Halo 4’s OST, I felt the rest of Halo 4’s music kind of lost sight of that and overall lost sight of the Halo feel. So, at this point in time, I think Kazuma and his team are an excellent group to pass the torch to when there’s not many people I could… I guess trust to take over after Marty. :slight_smile:

> 2533274837720524;5:
> 100%. I was not satisfied with Marty’s work with Destiny at all.

It was the opposite for me. 100% satisfied with Marty O’Donnell’s work in Destiny. The only narrative that made sense.
Not surprising the OST won tons of awards.
Kept replaying the same stuff over and over just to hear the music :wink:

I don’t understand what was wrong with Neil Davidge. His music was beautiful and the only issue I had with him is that he hardly used any of the original Halo music. I thought this was a decision by 343i as a whole though. Either way, I suppose Kazuma I doing a very good job on his own. I’m glad they got him instead of another brand new composer.

Does AS WELL of marty I think