Do you think it will be the set to something greater?

Halo 4 is 343i’s first game and its seems rather obvious to us (or we delude ourselves) that there will be a Halo 5 and 6. Halo CE was the setting stage for one of the greatest trilogies in video game history and it used its other installments to build upon that. So do you think that Halo 4 will be another setting stage for another great trilogy of games. Yes or no, or do you need more information? Its just a general question.

Realistically, it’d be an abysmal decision by MS to let Halo die, so it’s a damn near certainty that we’ll see more games. Whether or not they’re sequels to Halo 4, we don’t have enough information to say.

So, I voted for no, due to lack of solid info.

They said a while back that Halo 4 would be the first game in the ‘reclaimer trilogy’. So Halo 5 and 6 are all but confirmed, although it is not known whether or not they will have those names. The thought of Halo on next-gen consoles is certainly exciting.

Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy! And Bungie didn’t develop CE with a trilogy in mind, maybe a sequel, cuz it was something new and they had no clue it would become as popular as it did, plus it originally wasn’t even a fps.

> Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy!

Yeah. How about that time Peter M. said that Fable 3’s touch system was going to make you care about the characters?

Wait, you mean people say things that aren’t necessarily true?!

Of course they said that. Things change. Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 / 6, they don’t really exist to me.

> > Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy!
>
> Yeah. How about that time Peter M. said that Fable 3’s touch system was going to make you care about the characters?
>
> Wait, you mean people say things that aren’t necessarily true?!
>
> Of course they said that. Things change. Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 / 6, they don’t really exist to me.

Well, they said they already wrote a basic story for those games.

From this article

> Having three years to think about the story and plan it, and to commit to a trilogy right from the start, is a luxury even Bungie didn’t have with Halo 1.

They’ve been planning the next games from a story perspective for some time now.

> > > Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy!
> >
> > Yeah. How about that time Peter M. said that Fable 3’s touch system was going to make you care about the characters?
> >
> > Wait, you mean people say things that aren’t necessarily true?!
> >
> > Of course they said that. Things change. Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 / 6, they don’t really exist to me.
>
> Well, they said they already wrote a basic story for those games.

Basic story could literally just be;

“Okay, so then the Chief stops the Flood from taking control of Earth. Good work, guys! Now we just need a plot for Halo 6!”

“Basic story” could mean anything from a full fledged rough draft, to the above.

Like I said; “Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 /6, they don’t really exist to me.”

> > > > Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy!
> > >
> > > Yeah. How about that time Peter M. said that Fable 3’s touch system was going to make you care about the characters?
> > >
> > > Wait, you mean people say things that aren’t necessarily true?!
> > >
> > > Of course they said that. Things change. Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 / 6, they don’t really exist to me.
> >
> > Well, they said they already wrote a basic story for those games.
>
> Basic story could literally just be;
>
> “Okay, so then the Chief stops the Flood from taking control of Earth. Good work, guys! Now we just need a plot for Halo 6!”
>
> “Basic story” could mean anything from a full fledged rough draft, to the above.
>
> Like I said; “Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 /6, they don’t really exist to me.”

they outright said they are making a trilogy, and even named the trilogy. unless microsoft fires them, they are probably making a trilogy. Its official there is a new trilogy.

> > > > > Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy!
> > > >
> > > > Yeah. How about that time Peter M. said that Fable 3’s touch system was going to make you care about the characters?
> > > >
> > > > Wait, you mean people say things that aren’t necessarily true?!
> > > >
> > > > Of course they said that. Things change. Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 / 6, they don’t really exist to me.
> > >
> > > Well, they said they already wrote a basic story for those games.
> >
> > Basic story could literally just be;
> >
> > “Okay, so then the Chief stops the Flood from taking control of Earth. Good work, guys! Now we just need a plot for Halo 6!”
> >
> > “Basic story” could mean anything from a full fledged rough draft, to the above.
> >
> > Like I said; “Until I start hearing information about Halo 5 /6, they don’t really exist to me.”
>
> they outright said they are making a trilogy, and even named the trilogy. unless microsoft fires them, they are probably making a trilogy. Its official there is a new trilogy.

Mmhmm. I remember when it was outright said that smoking cigarettes had no negative effects, and helped to release stress.

was it ever deemed official by anyone?
plus, these are two completely different scenarios. digital media publishing is different than real world stuff, they have a storyboard planned out and stuff like that.
Not that i would freak out of they didn’t make a 5th and 6th game. ill just move on to other stuff.

From that article again:

> Microsoft announced three Halo games at E3. Why? “It was important for us to signal to the fans and the community what our intentions were, our commitment to this story we want to tell,” Holmes explained. "When we first started working on laying the plans for the Reclaimer trilogy a little over two years ago, we knew exactly the story we wanted to tell.

I think it sounds like they have things planned out a little more specifically than that. To each their own.

> Are u guys for real? 343i already said they are doing a trilogy! And Bungie didn’t develop CE with a trilogy in mind, maybe a sequel, cuz it was something new and they had no clue it would become as popular as it did, plus it originally wasn’t even a fps.

yes to the first part, no to the second. bungie originally intended to end Halo in H2.