Do you think Halo 5 will revive the franchise?

I wondering if you guys think that Halo 5 will be good. I think 343 know how they messed up on Halo 4 and I think that they are trying hard to revive the franchise. Do you guys think Halo 5 will be good and do this?

It’s far too early to tell. I think it looks promising, but that of itself isn’t worth much. Such is the nature of hype.

Do I think Halo 5 will be good? Well Halo 4 had an amazing campaign and I have no reason to belive that Halo 5 will be any different.

Will Halo 5 revive the franchise? I certainly hope so, and with these big gameplay innovations this is the probably the best chance 343 has to pull it off.

Nope, the people that didnt like 4 dont look like they will come back to 5.
But that’s not the folks 343 are looking for, anyway. They are obviously looking into bringing new people so their hope is that there are more people coming in than leaving.

Don’t know. Personally, I’m rather skeptical of the direction they’re going now rather than hopeful. Much better than what they did in Halo 4, but what exactly will these changes entail for the future of the series?

Halo’s success has always depended more on the campaign (co-op included) than on Competitive Multiplayer. That is what people come back for all the time. And Halo 5 hopefully will change the core structure of Halo campaigns since its outdated as hell and people wont give them another chance like they did with Halo 4.

On the MP side, hopefully it will fresh enough to keep the conservative fans away, and bring new blood in,

My honest opinion is that 343 studios has handled Halo just right.
I feel more attached to playing as a spartan and the gameplay is just right.

The best they can do for halo 5 is include more maps right at start so they don’t have to fill the playlists with forge maps.
It seems like most people won’t buy the dlc maps and you rarely get to play them. then all you have left is 3 maps people like from the original maps and the rest is forge maps and if 80% of all Halo multiplayer are forge made maps it takes most of the joy away from a true next gen halo.

Forge can be a part of multiplayer but it shoud not be 80% of all maps and part of every single playlist.

Personally, I think they learned from Halo 2 and their mistakes on Halo 4: if you are going to add something in, keep it so that everyone has equal opportunity to get the new stuff, or incorporate it as a base trait like Bungie did with dual weilding and hijacking.

It looks a lot more promising and we got 3 weeks to break it and give feedback. I think this one is worth a try.

Well, there’s a multiplayer beta test, so they’re off to a good start.

> 2533274873910058;6:
> Halo’s success has always depended more on the campaign (co-op included) than on Competitive Multiplayer. That is what people come back for all the time. And Halo 5 hopefully will change the core structure of Halo campaigns since its outdated as hell and people wont give them another chance like they did with Halo 4.
>
> On the MP side, hopefully it will fresh enough to keep the conservative fans away, and bring new blood in,

I’m not sure about the general consensus, but for me personally I don’t care about the campaign. I completed the campaign for Halo 1 and Halo 2, but I didn’t care for the other campaigns. Halo is all about the multi-player for me. If the multi-player is bad the game is bad.

Can’t tell right now, but I have a feeling that it will go in the right direction.

I always find comments like the title or “x is dead” to be quite silly. Halo 4 and reach still have respectable numbers and you still can find matches well. Regardless of how much halo changes it’s always going to sell tons and it’s always going to have tons playing.

Halo 5 is still going to sell like hotcakes but its up to the community to ‘revive’ the franchise.

> 2737679237777606;10:
> > 2533274873910058;6:
> > Halo’s success has always depended more on the campaign (co-op included) than on Competitive Multiplayer. That is what people come back for all the time. And Halo 5 hopefully will change the core structure of Halo campaigns since its outdated as hell and people wont give them another chance like they did with Halo 4.
> >
> > On the MP side, hopefully it will fresh enough to keep the conservative fans away, and bring new blood in,
>
>
> I’m not sure about the general consensus, but for me personally I don’t care about the campaign. I completed the campaign for Halo 1 and Halo 2, but I didn’t care for the other campaigns. Halo is all about the multi-player for me. If the multi-player is bad the game is bad.

I find both to be important, but more players do end up coming back for mp

MCC has revived the franchise, it’s reunited a fragmented community. Halo 5 looks set to destroy that though, what remains after that who knows, the situation seems too familiar to Halo 4 for my liking however Halo 5 looks like it’s going to be a lot better than 4 that much seems certain.

> 2533274873910058;6:
> Halo’s success has always depended more on the campaign (co-op included) than on Competitive Multiplayer. That is what people come back for all the time. And Halo 5 hopefully will change the core structure of Halo campaigns since its outdated as hell and people wont give them another chance like they did with Halo 4.
>
> On the MP side, hopefully it will fresh enough to keep the conservative fans away, and bring new blood in,

have to disagree with ya. While the campaign when its new is fresh and exciting, it just doesn’t have the same longevity as MP does. when Halo 3 had 500,000+ players online… it wasn’t for the campaign. However, like i said a good campaign brings new elements to the game and is important… its just not the smart route to take anymore if you want your title to last more than two years or so.

I hope that it does, but right now I am a little skeptical.

To be honest I doubt that it’ll be going toe to toe with Destiny or CoD for the mainstream audience.

However, it does have a more unique claim to the eSports and competitive niche. I can see it becoming a sort of MOBA/LoL/StarCraft-type reception for console FPS.

Halo was never dead. Halo 4 sold 9 million+ copies. I wouldn’t really classify that as a failure.