Do you think Halo 5 should feature speical events?

A long time ago when I played Runescape, I remember this one time where out of thin air, the game sent me to a alternate universe where I had to complete a quest to leave. It was something new, something exciting that always kept you on the edge of your seat and I think Halo 5 should implement the similar excitement too.
Let’s imagine a special events feature for Halo 5 Matchmaking… this is how it would work. Every time you play a couple matches in Halo 5, you will become a potential event participant. This means you now have a chance of being picked for a random/special event. Players will have a chance to be notified for these special events in-between matchmaking matches (menu’s) so, players wont be interrupted or distracted with an invitation while they are in a middle of some other match. Players who have a record of quitting, betraying or just really really really sucking, will have a way smaller chance of being chosen for these random events so this would help discourage these behaviors.

When a player receives an invite on the Halo screen, there will be a timer giving the player 15 seconds to accept or decline the offer. If they accept, their screen will load up to a special matchmaking lobby with other players that received and accepted the invite. Players would then play either a team Red vs Blue game or a FFA game. The maps during special events could also be unique never before seen maps just to give it more excitement. The winner(s) of the event gets a special prize. That’s what will make these events so exciting and intense. Players are competing for guaranteed unique armor pieces, emblems and whole load of different things that could make them stand out. Maybe players could even win things like a $2 amount added to your Microsoft account or a avatar item or a special discount off of a game. This would bring Halo 5 to a whole new level. It would make it a game that gives back to it’s community. All I know is if I’m ever invited to one of these special events and will give it all I got to win. People play a whole different ball game when they have something to gain.

Special events or timed social playlists would be cool. The way H3 did double XP weekend playlists was always fun.

Haha, never thought I’d see someone reference Runescape in a Halo Fourm.

I like your idea, but I don’t think it would work very well, and the idea of Microsoft giving people free $ is not realistic. That being said, I’m down for special events in some way shape or form. I personally loved double exp weekends for Halo 3, and would like to see something like that return.

“The maps during special events could also be unique never before seen maps just to give it more excitement”

There’s no way an entire map (let alone multiple maps) would be designed and put on the disc purely for these ‘special events’. The roster’s thin enough as it is.

Yes please.

They could also give the participants an armor effect for a period of time, similar to how in destiny you have flames for completing the nightfall. Winners could have a chance for a permanent one.

I think unannounced special events as well as announced hyped up events would help. One day all guns shoot confetti and melees make a squeaky toy noise and the energy sword is replaced with a pool noodle. Another day jump height is doubled, another day everyone spawns with Hydras.

Make some sweet maps for halloween and christmas… I love halloween and it would make perfect sense and we could call it haloween :wink:

> 2535420014591908;4:
> “The maps during special events could also be unique never before seen maps just to give it more excitement”
>
> There’s no way an entire map (let alone multiple maps) would be designed and put on the disc purely for these ‘special events’. The roster’s thin enough as it is.

What if the maps are early access dlc maps that they have the players test prior to the maps’ release to the public? That could work.

I would just be happy if the brought back Double XP weekend Halo 3 style. I loved waiting for the weekend to see what playlist showed up. Grifball was always a treat back then.

> 2533274856300271;7:
> Make some sweet maps for halloween and christmas… I love halloween and it would make perfect sense and we could call it haloween :wink:

I like this. Good idea to get the community feel involved

> 2533275004372869;6:
> I think unannounced special events as well as announced hyped up events would help. One day all guns shoot confetti and melees make a squeaky toy noise and the energy sword is replaced with a pool noodle. Another day jump height is doubled, another day everyone spawns with Hydras.

Your idea is by far the best I have ever imagined lol

yeah Halo should be that innocative game as it was in the past…bungie did it, lets hope 343 can achieve it too.

> 2533274803432205;9:
> I would just be happy if the brought back Double XP weekend Halo 3 style. I loved waiting for the weekend to see what playlist showed up. Grifball was always a treat back then.

so was living dead especially on guardian

> 2533274816917576;11:
> > 2533275004372869;6:
> > I think unannounced special events as well as announced hyped up events would help. One day all guns shoot confetti and melees make a squeaky toy noise and the energy sword is replaced with a pool noodle. Another day jump height is doubled, another day everyone spawns with Hydras.
>
>
> Your idea is by far the best I have ever imagined lol

sounds even better,