Do you think Halo 4 will make the series fun again?

Title for reference.

After a few months of not playing Halo Reach, I decided to get in a party last night and play some team slayer. The sad thing is, it just wasn’t fun. Everything that was happening made me annoyed. I guess after playing games such as BF3, AC:R and ME, Reach has dried out.

Sure, infection was alright (If only to stand around and talk)… but that’s it. Everything else is shocking.

Do you think that 343 can really make Halo playable again, or do you think Halo has run its course in the limelight? Of course if you still play Reach you might think it’s fine, but as someone who played each Halo game consistently until its sequel, I know that the game just isn’t as good if I stopped after not even a year.

> but as someone who played each Halo game consistently until its sequel, I know that the game just isn’t as good if I stopped after not even a year.

I’ve played the poop out every Halo game for years and I still play Reach. Just because you’re a long-time Halo fan doesn’t mean to say the game is bad for anyone who is a big fan of Halo.

But, Reach was a dissapointment. I really do hope Halo 4 is better than Reach, especially the Campaign.

I sure hope so.

I have fun with the TU and Anniversary gametypes sometimes…But it still doesn’t feel quite right to me. I certainly can’t play it for more than a few games at a time, and any time I play competitively, it feels cheap and very sloppy.

Here’s to Halo 4 =/

> > but as someone who played each Halo game consistently until its sequel, I know that the game just isn’t as good if I stopped after not even a year.
>
> I’ve played the poop out every Halo game for years and I still play Reach. Just because you’re a long-time Halo fan doesn’t mean to say the game is bad for anyone who is a big fan of Halo.
>
> But, Reach was a dissapointment. I really do hope Halo 4 is better than Reach, especially the Campaign.

Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

I agree with the campaign. It’s just so dull! I guess we’re used to traversing around the universe so much in Halo games that pressing a few buttons just is boring.

I’m looking forward to a time when we’re months away from the release of Halo 5, and everyone decides that it needs to be more like Reach, because Halo 4 just wasn’t that good. I still remember people complaining about Halo 2 and Halo 3, and now they’re held up as the gold standards of the series. What fickle creatures humans are.

> I’m looking forward to a time when we’re months away from the release of Halo 5, and everyone decides that it needs to be more like Reach, because Halo 4 just wasn’t that good. I still remember people complaining about Halo 2 and Halo 3, and now they’re held up as the gold standards of the series. What fickle creatures humans are.

This. Once Halo 4 hits, we’re all gonna be complaining about how its not like Reach.

a

im praying it will. otherwise i have to play cod :frowning:

>Implying Reach wasn’t fun.

> > I’m looking forward to a time when we’re months away from the release of Halo 5, and everyone decides that it needs to be more like Reach, because Halo 4 just wasn’t that good. I still remember people complaining about Halo 2 and Halo 3, and now they’re held up as the gold standards of the series. What fickle creatures humans are.
>
> This. Once Halo 4 hits, we’re all gonna be complaining about how its not like Reach.

Hahahaha, no. Certainly not. That’s the last thing I’d ever even contemplate complaining about. :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you on? I get hours of enjoyment out of Halo Reach every day of the week, even if I’m on my own. With friends, it never gets boring. Just because it’s not as fun as the other Halo games, doesn’t mean it’s bad.

> Unless 343i finds a way to screw H4 sideways, I highly, highly doubt it.

I’m going to squirrel this statement away and bring it out again in a few years time. Then we’ll see.

> What are you on? I get hours of enjoyment out of Halo Reach every day of the week, even if I’m on my own. With friends, it never gets boring. Just because it’s not as fun as the other Halo games, doesn’t mean it’s bad.

I don’t know. I guess playing games where your bullets actually go where the reticle is has altered my perception of a good game.

Seriously though. BF3 is fun to play, whereas Halo Reach is clunky and frustrating. I know which one I want to play after a long day at work.

> I’m looking forward to a time when we’re months away from the release of Halo 5, and everyone decides that it needs to be more like Reach, because Halo 4 just wasn’t that good. I still remember people complaining about Halo 2 and Halo 3, and now they’re held up as the gold standards of the series. What fickle creatures humans are.

Well it’s a good thing that I never complained about those games then. :wink:

> > > I’m looking forward to a time when we’re months away from the release of Halo 5, and everyone decides that it needs to be more like Reach, because Halo 4 just wasn’t that good. I still remember people complaining about Halo 2 and Halo 3, and now they’re held up as the gold standards of the series. What fickle creatures humans are.
> >
> > This. Once Halo 4 hits, we’re all gonna be complaining about how its not like Reach.
>
> Unless 343i finds a way to screw H4 sideways, I highly, highly doubt it.

Nobody though the prequel trilogy of Star Wars could get worse after Phantom Menace. Then we had Attack of the Clones. So yeah, I’d refrain from making concrete opinions like that just yet.

> I don’t know. I guess playing games where your bullets actually go where the reticle is has altered my perception of a good game.

We must be playing a different version of the game. I don’t think my accuracy has ever been better in a Halo game that it is in Reach.

Your interest in Battlefield 3 makes me think that you’re primarily concerned with gameplay; the enjoyment I have with Halo is heavily dependent on the mythology behind the game–a feature that just doesn’t exist in games like Call of Duty or Battlefield. Perhaps thats where the difference lies between those who do and those who don’t like Reach.

> > I don’t know. I guess playing games where your bullets actually go where the reticle is has altered my perception of a good game.
>
> We must be playing a different version of the game. I don’t think my accuracy has ever been better in a Halo game that it is in Reach.
>
> Your interest in Battlefield 3 makes me think that you’re primarily concerned with gameplay; the enjoyment I have with Halo is heavily dependent on the mythology behind the game–a feature that just doesn’t exist in games like Call of Duty or Battlefield. Perhaps thats where the difference lies between those who do and those who don’t like Reach.

Not primarily concerned with gameplay.

The story is where it’s at; I’ve even read all the novels. Saying that, Reach was boring in both regards… Well to me anyway. Nothing really caught my attention as ‘wow’.

Master Chief is back.

That’s really all I need to hear.

> The story is where it’s at; I’ve even read all the novels. Saying that, Reach was boring in both regards… Well to me anyway. Nothing really caught my attention as ‘wow’.

I’ll tell you what I liked about the campaign:

1. I felt as though I was part of a team;
  2. The members of that team were, for once, not cut from the usual space marine archetypes;
  3. There was actual camaraderie between the members of the team;
  4. The team had a great “just get the job done” sort of attitude;
  5. The music, the atmosphere, and gradual demise of Noble team all contributed towards a feeling of melancholy which is, I think, exactly what Bungie was shooting for.

There are more, of course, but I’m surprised that so few people were impressed by these aspects of the campaign.

> > The story is where it’s at; I’ve even read all the novels. Saying that, Reach was boring in both regards… Well to me anyway. Nothing really caught my attention as ‘wow’.
>
> I’ll tell you what I liked about the campaign:
>
> 1. I felt as though I was part of a team;
> 2. The members of that team were, for once, not cut from the usual space marine archetypes;
> 3. There was actual camaraderie between the members of the team;
> 4. The team had a great “just get the job done” sort of attitude;
> 5. The music, the atmosphere, and gradual demise of Noble team all contributed towards a feeling of melancholy which is, I think, exactly what Bungie was shooting for.
>
> There are more, of course, but I’m surprised that so few people were impressed by these aspects of the campaign.

That what I liked about it as well.

Sure, it wasn’t Johnson and the Chief, but it is good nonetheless.

Halo 2 had the best character development IMO along with ODST.

It’s going to be commercialized garbage. Bungie lost their touch with Reach, but EVERY Halo before it was phenomenal. The studio is created by Microsoft, so expect Call Of Duty: Future Warfare to compete with CoD.

Bungie showed about 90 percent of the time they cared about what the community wanted, and while their main goal was money, it was also to please the fans.

343 is just following orders from MS to milk the Halo cash cow for all its worth