Do you think Halo 4 will have 2 discs?

Does anyone think that Halo 4 will have 2 discs? Alot of shooters now have have 2 discs like one for Campaign and the other multiplayer, etc. What are your thoughts?

Halo reach still had like 2 gigs to spare so I’m gana go with no. Tho the next box is defiantly gana need compatibility with lager disks.

I would like to have it all in one.

If it means that there will be huge amounts of content, I would love to have separate discs for campaign and multiplayer. I’m not that lazy that I’m going to complain about switching a disk to play a different game mode if it means I’ll have more content (longer campaign, larger maps, more armor, etc.).

I think they should have a two disc system similar to Forza. For those unfamiliar, the main game is on disc 1, and the second disc is simply content. You install it once, and then everything runs off of disc 1. You get the extra space of two discs with the compactness of one.

> I think they should have a two disc system similar to Forza. For those unfamiliar, the main game is on disc 1, and the second disc is simply content. You install it once, and then everything runs off of disc 1. You get the extra space of two discs with the compactness of one.

The problem with that not every XBOX 360 comes with a hard drive. You are effectively segmenting part of your audience who cannot access the full experience. For a game like Forza, it doesn’t make that much of a difference since it is just extra cars .But for Battlefield 3, if you didn’t install the HD textures, it looked like an original XBOX game.

I’m not convinced that developers really need 50GB blu rays to store games. It’s just lazy game development. News came out yesterday that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is only a 3.8GB install. Arguably one of the biggest games in the industry, in terms of map size and content, can fit on a single layer DVD.

Highly unlikely.

Two discs please one for campaign and one for multiplayer.

The content that could be available in each disk would be amazing. Except you have to buy both to get the game.

Also hope you have to download both disc in the hardrive like BF3 for better gameplay.

Can you imagine the content in them. Plus who does not have a hardrive yet. It should be part of all xbox now.

It is almost set in stone that there will be only one disc for game content. Special features, etc, are different though.

Yes it may be set in stone but who is to say you can change it.

Campaign on one disc and Multiplayer on another. All the contents are in there. You do not need to download on hardrive and will still be able to play the game with no problem but with more feature

Both would be unique the campaign could be alot longer and the multiplayer alot better.

If its two disks then the MM disk and Campaign disk better both be amazing and make us all think it could not have been better on one disk.

> Does anyone think that Halo 4 will have 2 discs? Alot of shooters now have have 2 discs like one for Campaign and the other multiplayer, etc. What are your thoughts?

I’m not against it having two disc. If it came down to something like “cut content to get one disc or make it two discs” I would say go with two discs.

One disc in convenient, but I’m not against having more. What would personally like to see in for developers make it so you can download the content of any extra disc and access it from a primary game disc.

2 disks would be optimal IMO. One devoted entirely to MP (MM, FF, Forge, Customs) while theater would be for both Campaign and MP. The first disk would be entirely devoted to Campaign so that there is more space to utilize. Same goes for the MP.

But then what to do with Campaign Co-op? This would pose a problem because this feature would have to accessed through the first disk and since many play the MP without going back to the campaign. With the current challenge system (if it’s used for Halo 4) it could be simpler just to use one disk as usual but that’s just my two cents.

Now that BF3 had done it, yes.

The inconvenience of swapping discs is a lousy excuse to cut levels, textures, enemies and sounds IMO.

> Now that BF3 had done it, yes.
>
> The inconvenience of swapping discs is a lousy excuse to cut levels, textures, enemies and sounds IMO.

Hmm i grew up with disk swapping in the ps1 era (born in the 90s) and i never found it an inconvenience to switch them out. This carried on to Mass Effect 2, which really did have too much content for one disk to contain.

Plus i’ve heard that BF 3 is better for having two disks, easier to utilize assets due to more space on the disk. That’s what i’ve heard at any rate shrugs

Really, Microsoft should invest in larger disk space for next gen eh? I will cringe if they decide to use the 360 standard with minimal differences.

It all depends on how big the game is.

But if two discs or even three means a massive campaign, then yeah, I’m in.

Don’t think so. I’d actually prefer it if it was just one disc.

> If it means that there will be huge amounts of content, I would love to have separate discs for campaign and multiplayer. I’m not that lazy that I’m going to complain about switching a disk to play a different game mode if it means I’ll have more content (longer campaign, larger maps, more armor, etc.).

this

> > Now that BF3 had done it, yes.
> >
> > The inconvenience of swapping discs is a lousy excuse to cut levels, textures, enemies and sounds IMO.
>
> Hmm i grew up with disk swapping in the ps1 era (born in the 90s) and i never found it an inconvenience to switch them out. This carried on to Mass Effect 2, which really did have too much content for one disk to contain.
>
> Plus i’ve heard that BF 3 is better for having two disks, easier to utilize assets due to more space on the disk. That’s what i’ve heard at any rate shrugs
>
>
> Really, Microsoft should invest in larger disk space for next gen eh? I will cringe if they decide to use the 360 standard with minimal differences.

All the Diablos !!! Because I didn’t crack the games I loved. :slight_smile: Of course the PS1 days. Honestly, I bought the PS1 just for FFVII (VI is my fav) and ended up playing Star Ocean, Xenogears and Chornotrigger for it. I was still a hardcore N64er for the shooters when not near my PC (N64 was a portable device) :slight_smile: Though I must say Quest 64, as childish as it looked, most fun to play it was.

Ahhh, the corner of 343 Memory Lane and 64th Street.

Anyways, the 360 has a big flaw, it doesn’t have an HD-Disc drive. Because of it, the 360 appears to be lacking against the PS3 in visuals. Honestly, visuals aren’t the problem for the 360, it beats the pants off of the PS3 in the visuals. It’s the damn FLOPS the 360 fails at. The PS3 can do what it does because it can run the FLOPS so much better. And for that, we don’t need more polygons, we can chince those, go with equal or slightly more particles than what Reach offers and go really kick–Yoink- on the lighting and textures because they’re loaded on the disc.

Going skimpy on the RAM hoping the processors would make up the slack also doesn’t help either. Crossing my fingers for the option to expand one’s RAM for next-gen.

But that’s only from my limited knowledge and view on how they can actually do things. Of course I could be wrong.
I do know levels and content won’t have to be nixed if they went 2 discs, just other reasons :wink:

> But then what to do with Campaign Co-op? This would pose a problem because this feature would have to accessed through the first disk and since many play the MP without going back to the campaign. With the current challenge system (if it’s used for Halo 4) it could be simpler just to use one disk as usual but that’s just my two cents.

This right here is an issue.

I don’t know about you guys but I love playing campaign and screw around with friends.

Like some one posted above, one disk could have multiplayer, Forge, Firefight, theatre.

The other disk has campaign as well as theatre.

The campaign disk could be installed so you don’t have to switch disks. similar to what they are doing with Combat Evolved Anniversary.

If you don’t have a hard drive then you will have to switch disks to play campaign online. =/