Do you think halo 4 will ever again...

get more than 40,000 players. Also do you think the champions bundle will bring people back, especially if they put pitfall in legendary slayer I think it would bring thousands of players back. Of course they might have some fixing to do but it’s possible. Just keep the dmr out of that map.

I really don’t know. If advertising is done, maybe.

No it won’t.

No. DLC will only bring a few thousand back temporarily. 343 will have to use H5 to redeem themselves, which is probably why it’s only on a 2 year dev cycle rather than the usual 3+.

No. People wont come back because of their initial impressions. It turned off so many players there is no coming back.

Plus there are too many high profile games between now and the next Halo for Halo 4 to gain players. GTA V, Watch Dogs, COD:Ghosts, TitanFall, and BF4 just to name a few.

-Yoink!- could make H4’s multiplayer Free-2-Play for a few levels like Uncharted 3. Halo 4 is a much better game now, its sad only a few people are enjoying it.

It’s not bringing me back. First Halo game I haven’t and won’t buy DLC for. This game is atrocious

> No. DLC will only bring a few thousand back temporarily. 343 will have to use H5 to redeem themselves, which is probably why it’s only on a 2 year dev cycle rather than the usual 3+.

I don’t think DLC is designed to bring people back. It’s there to give the die-hards if a game a more in-depth experience.

With this game, I don’t think people are going to be throwing down money for a deeper experience that they already think is broken.

Nope, champions bundle only brings 1 new map and a remake, and people experience problems with playing dlc in multiplayer. The new armor and weapon skins are irrelevant. Halo 5 will at launch, then drop down to halo 4’s population.

> It’s not bringing me back. First Halo game I haven’t and won’t buy DLC for. This game is atrocious

I’m just curious, when was the last time you played it?

The DLC packs (which we never get to play anyhow because there is no dedicated play lists for each pack) and the minor tweaks they may will not bring anyone back.

Until they fix the crippling lag issues (which likely helped drive 300,000+ people away in the first month) that is caused by lack of user filters (i.e. Best Connection, Local Only) and change how hosts are selected (player with best measured current connection in a game is host versus “Host History” in H4), I won’t play WarGames again.

I switched back to Halo Reach and only 5% of my Reach (or COD II or Sonic or H3 or GTA IV etc.) multiplayer games are as lagged as 70% of my 1400 H4 war games are (0.5 to 5 seconds of lag). It isn’t my connection either (8 ms ping time local, ~70 ms ping time across North America, 50 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload) and NAT either.

Maybe others have no lag issues (likely the 25,000 to 35,000 left), but many people have posted about this on the Forums and all of us seem to have been ignored by 343i. And if your lagged like this, you can’t hit squat so having a Global Competition with large cash prizes will bring no one back.

Even if 343i says they can’t change the game UI, they could implement these user filter features in code and allow us to change them via WayPoint settings. We can pull up all our missions and stats on a per person basis, why can’t we change game settings that way? That is how they basically do it for their weapon and map tuning on the server back end.

As much as I like Halo 4 (favorite next to CE) I don’t see it happening

> No it won’t.

This^^

Heck with GTA 5 around the corner the game is more likely to get a drop in population.

> Halo 5 will at launch, then drop down to halo 4’s population.

Unless they do a better job. :slight_smile:

Not a chance. The damage was already done.

Maybe there will be a temporary spike during Halo 5 marketing.

Most players that left are too stubborn to come back and see just how much better Halo has gotten.

> Most players that left are too stubborn to come back and see just how much better Halo has gotten.

Can’t say I blame em.

> Most players that left are too stubborn to come back and see just how much better Halo has gotten.

^this, you can’t call those people true Halo fans

> > Most players that left are too stubborn to come back and see just how much better Halo has gotten.
>
> ^this, you can’t call those people true Halo fans

90% of the population weren’t true Halo fans??

That’s as ignorant as me saying those who didn’t enjoy 2 and 3 aren’t true halo fans.

Sadly, no. I love this game. After getting used to it, the ofhers (minus Reach) become boring after several matches.