Do you think Blur will do the cinematics?

Everyone praised the job Blur did on the cinematics for Halo 2 Anniversary. I wonder if 343/Microsoft is going to work with Blur to make the cinematics for Halo 5: Guardians. Do you think this is going to happen or the cinematics are going to be in engine? If in engine, that’s perfectly fine, and Blur would also be awesome.

Considering the beginning and ending scenes of Halo 2 anniversary a basically trailers for Halo 5, and they’re done by blur, i think and hope they will be done by them.

Considering Blur made a new model specifically for the Agent Locke and the new Arbiter, it will most likely be Blur-made, so that they can still use those models. It costs a lot of money to make models, and wouldn’t make sense to only have them be in a 3 minute cutscene.

They’d probably be in-engine. I actually thought the Halo 4 cutscenes were CG at first (not the prologue & epilogue, which were, but the in-game cutscenes) so I’m sure they’ll keep doing them in-engine.

I could be wrong, though, of course.

The thing with the cutscenes being remade in CEA is that the characters looked really wonky what with being the old animations going on (most of the time), thus the scenes at times looked somewhat comical. (I actually made a post on here last year suggesting that if they were to do a hypothetical Halo 2 Anniversary, they should do the cutscenes in CG like they did with Spartan Ops to avoid having beautiful next-gen assets behaving like clunky old school ones). But building the scenes in-engine from scratch and using motion-capture, they’ll be pretty sweet.

My money is on them doing like they did with Halo 4 and having a big CG prologue & epilogue with in-engine cutscenes throughout the campaign.

Also (and this is a must see) there’s a glitch in H2A where you can sometimes see the in-game cutscenes with the new anniversary assets. It looks like Saber Interactive starting making them that way but they’re not complete, but here you go: CUT SCENE GLITCH

> 2533274840469109;1:
> Everyone praised the job Blur did on the cinematics for Halo 2 Anniversary. I wonder if 343/Microsoft is going to work with Blur to make the cinematics for Halo 5: Guardians. Do you think this is going to happen or the cinematics are going to be in engine? If in engine, that’s perfectly fine, and Blur would also be awesome.

Honestly, no. This is next gen, and I want gameplay and cutscene to be seamless and have the same graphics. I used to hate how video game cutscenes looked like movies then the gameplay would look hand-drawn compared to it, and I’m glad to see it’s not really a thing anymore. Of course I would love for it to have a Prologue and Epilogue like Halo 4 did, and blur studios could make those, that would be great.

> 2533274884747088;5:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > Everyone praised the job Blur did on the cinematics for Halo 2 Anniversary. I wonder if 343/Microsoft is going to work with Blur to make the cinematics for Halo 5: Guardians. Do you think this is going to happen or the cinematics are going to be in engine? If in engine, that’s perfectly fine, and Blur would also be awesome.
>
>
>
> Honestly, no. This is next gen, and I want gameplay and cutscene to be seamless and have the same graphics. I used to hate how video game cutscenes looked like movies then the gameplay would look hand-drawn compared to it, and I’m glad to see it’s not really a thing anymore. Of course I would love for it to have a Prologue and Epilogue like Halo 4 did, and blur studios could make those, that would be great.

Honestly, yes. I loved watching the halo wars and halo 2A cutscene like a movie. Hope the trend continues.

Not to mention that most games, even current gen, still use higher res models and better lighting for cutscenes.

If they do, then they need to learn from the mistakes they made with H2A’s cutscenes.

No lens flare, its ugly. No Cromatic aberation, or whatever it’s called, it’s ugly.

> 2533274832164719;7:
> If they do, then they need to learn from the mistakes they made with H2A’s cutscenes.
>
> No lens flare, its ugly. No Cromatic aberation, or whatever it’s called, it’s ugly.

Did the quick zoom ins annoy you? For some reason, it’s too abrupt and fast, somewhat awkward.

I’m sure they will!

They’ll probably be used for the game’s prologue and epilogue, like in Halo 4. Maybe they’ll see use in the game’s terminals as well. They probably won’t waste the assets they made but they won’t see extensive usage over the game’s cinematic. Instead they’ll opt to use the game’s engine to create them, since that flows better on most accounts. The only reason that games like Halo 2: Anniversary is because graphically enhancing the game’s cutscenes will look wonky/unnatural like Halo: CEA’s attempt.

I really would love if Blur do the Halo 5’s cinemagics! Halo 2 Anniversary’s were AWESOME

I would actually prefer for 343 to go down the route they did with Halo 4.

Have the Prologue and Epilogue, Along with the Spartan Ops episodes as pre-rendered CG. But then have the Campaign cut-scenes in-engine.

I really like the Motion Capture in Halo 4, And with it in the MCC at 60fps, Halo 4’s cut-scenes look amazing.

A combination of both would be the best choice in my opinion.

It will probably be again a Prologue and Epilogue Blur and in-engine cutscenes during the game

In all likelihood, yes, at the very least prologue and epilogue as some before me have said.

no duh, they already made a cutscene for H5 in the beggining of Halo 2 camapign

Yep! And I’m sure glad they are!

God why does everybody want in-engine cutscenes I personally think that blur cinematics did a fantastic job on H2A and HW. Also the cutscenes are some of the best parts of a video game and I would hate to see them waste a good opportunity to make the game look amazing with super high def cutscenes