Do you think 343 would port H4 for Xbox one?

I feel like Halo Xbox one is a general term for halo title in general being on the Xbone, so if this in the wrong forum, my apologies.

Anyway, do you think 343 would do this? A year or so seems like a long wait without having a halo title on the next gen, though H3 was in a similar position.

I dont really see a good reason for 343I to use the resources they have to port Halo 4 to Xbox One, since, there would be no reason for it. It already exists on Xbox 360, and its not doing well on it.

The 360 got away with it because Halo 2 was so popular people were playing it on their 360s instead of newer next-gen games, with the only first real 360 competition being Gears of War.

Right now the only Halo game you can even play on XB1 is Spartan Assault because there’s no backwards compatibility, and while porting over is a fairly no-brainer move when you first question it, after thinking about it? No, they shouldn’t bother.

Halo 4 is so unpopular it could never carry a large enough population onto the Xbox One like Halo 1,2, and 3 did for the OG and 360. Much better to opt for a Halo 2 Anniversary with intact Halo 2 multiplayer and dedicated servers/60fps as the first Xbox One release. Throw back to a game that’s tried and true in terms of popularity and polish it up with pretty graphics, sounds, maybe some bug fixes (but not the important ones), and heck, even some added features like customizable armour wouldn’t go un-appreciated. Just make sure the gameplay itself, Halo 2’s fantastic gameplay, is NOT affected in any single way by any added feature you go for.

> The 360 got away with it because Halo 2 was so popular people were playing it on their 360s instead of newer next-gen games, with the only first real 360 competition being Gears of War.
>
> Right now the only Halo game you can even play on XB1 is Spartan Assault because there’s no backwards compatibility, and while porting over is a fairly no-brainer move when you first question it, after thinking about it? No, they shouldn’t bother.
>
> Halo 4 is so unpopular it could never carry a large enough population onto the Xbox One like Halo 1,2, and 3 did for the OG and 360. Much better to opt for a Halo 2 Anniversary with intact Halo 2 multiplayer and dedicated servers/60fps as the first Xbox One release. Throw back to a game that’s tried and true in terms of popularity and polish it up with pretty graphics, sounds, maybe some bug fixes (but not the important ones), and heck, even some added features like customizable armour wouldn’t go un-appreciated. Just make sure the gameplay itself, Halo 2’s fantastic gameplay, is NOT affected in any single way by any added feature you go for.

This. And here is some evidence which supports that it probably could work:

Counter Strike Global Offensive, basically a rehashed Counter Strike game with updated graphics.

I don’t see the point in it. It’s not nearly as popular as previous Halos, and the daily average population numbers are around only 20K. Why further segment such a small population? It’s already hard enough to find a game on the Xbox 360 exclusive version.

If they could put a halo game into the Xbone it would have to be Halo 3. What would make it even better would be if they released all the game types to everyone and maps as well. I would like to see the population for that.

I doubt it. It’s not popular and hardly anyone would want to purchase another 60$ copy.

I think 343i knows Halo 4 is effectively a lost cause.

A digital port that costs $40 for the entire Halo 4 set would work. I wouldn’t with bother the idea of making physical copies.

I’ve seen a couple similar threads regarding this issue, so forgive me for not elaborating… But no, it should definitely not be ported.

I have the XBO and it feels weird to have it without a Halo game on it, I can’t wait for the next big Halo title.

> I don’t see the point in it. It’s not nearly as popular as previous Halos, and the daily average population numbers are around only 20K. Why further segment such a small population? It’s already hard enough to find a game on the Xbox 360 exclusive version.

I find it impressive that Halo 4 still holds up a 20k population, I thought the population was gonna go down to 3k or 5k after next gen consoles came out and with BF4 and Cod:Ghosts. After Titanfall comes out the population will probably go down to 10k or less.

I wouldn’t buy another copy. I didn’t buy the GOTY and I won’t buy a Halo X1 remake. I want new Halo experiences. It’s what I pay for.

I doubt it. They’re not going to waste resources porting a game with a low multiplayer population that was recently released within the last 2 years.

They’re going to focus on new games or older remakes.

I doubt they would simply because barely any titles have been ported to the xbox one.

I doubt population is relevant to them porting the game or not.

No, the game came out a year ago, and it probably wouldn’t be worth their resources when they could make their next game better.

Probably not. 343i and Microsoft have their hands full so they’re not going to use the time and resources on porting a very recently released Halo game that doesn’t have demand. Not to mention, doing so would split the game populations and distract players from future Halo titles.

TBH a halo 4 port would not do good on xbox 1 because of the impression it left on most people that played it at launch. A Halo 2 anniversary with the original MP would do wonders. Im sure of it.

I rather have a halo 3/ODST/Reach port.
Halo 4 just hasn’t enough players because its not very popular.
Halo 4 has around 10K after a year, Reach had around 100k and Halo 3 even more.

There’s not really a reason for it. Population is slowly dropping, and graphically, it doesn’t need the Xbox One. Honestly, it would be a waste of time/money as they’d have to put out a whole new version of it, and based on the population, they won’t sell very many for what they would be putting into it. Just seems very pointless to me. Don’t get me wrong, though. I 'd probably pick one up simply because there’s not much to do on Xbox One right now.

You know, I though that they would have done.

And then they released the ‘GOTY’ Edition…on the 360.

Not being horrible but Halo 4 is a bit of a dead horse at this point, and the GOTY edition was actually a surprise, given how low the population has been. Porting the game to XB1 just seems like a waste of time.