Do you think 343 will make the Right Decision

And buff the BR up to a 4 shot kill with slightly less aim assist, or pull a Reach and nerf every other precision weapon instead?

I hope they put the BR to a 4sk.

I think they will do the right thing and keep the noob rifle a 5sk.

> I hope they put the BR to a 4sk.

> And buff the BR up to a 4 shot kill with slightly less aim assist, or pull a Reach and nerf every other precision weapon instead?

No, keeping it the current way sounds like the right decision. It’s really sounding like the people that want it to be stronger just so that they can limit the game down to one gun and not have to learn anything new. Basically playing Halo 2 from 2004 again.

lol What? In Reach the precision weapons were OP.

I personally disagree, i think it looks great from what iv seen in the videos, H3s multiplayer with BRs just felt like a game of ‘‘whoever saw who first wins’’ if i was getting shot at, the only option i was left with was to flee and hide or die because there was no way of turning and fireing back while having any possible chance to win. that is unless the guy shooting at you has parkinsons.

> I think they will do the right thing and keep the noob rifle a 5sk.

One can only hope.

> > And buff the BR up to a 4 shot kill with slightly less aim assist, or pull a Reach and nerf every other precision weapon instead?
>
> No, keeping it the current way sounds like the right decision. It’s really sounding like the people that want it to be stronger just so that they can limit the game down to one gun and not have to learn anything new.

First off, precision weapons will always be the dominant weapon in Halo. That’s the way it has always been, there is no getting around that.

Secondly, the BR is significantly slower in terms of killing power than the DMR and Carbine, there have been multiple threads posted showing the kill times of all three weapons in their current state ( DMR and Carbine are about 1.4, BR is about 1.8). If the BR were to become a 4 shot, all three weapons would be at around a 1.4, BR still being slightly slower. With the kill times all the same, the range aspect of each weapon determines its usefulness from there. The BR wont instantly be better than the DMR and Carbine at range because it still has spread.

And finally, nobody is taking into account how connection will effect the BR online. 5 shot kill BR with spread, online latency, and only enough bullets in a mag for about 2 kills. Putting it at a 4 shot with slightly reduced aim assist will reduce the impact connection has on the weapon as well as making it the traditional 3 kill maximum per mag (which the DMR currently still is).

It would make sense to have the BR a 4 shot to have a significant difference between the 3 starting precision Rifles(light rifle looks to be a pick up at the moment).

For consistency reason it also makes sense for the BR to retain its 4 shot.

Gameplay reasons further promotes the 4 shot BR when it comes to weapon diversity and balance. Due to the spread of the BR it is better for medium so short range. Lower the rate of fire and up it to a 4 shot will make it a higher reward but also a higher risk weapon to use.

The rate of fire would obviously be slower than all the other weapons to offset the less bullets to kill so if you miss then it would take that much longer to shoot another shot. Since the spread is forgiving by assisting the player’s aim to some extent it makes sense that missing is appropriately punished.

In a perfect world the Br would be a 4 shot and have a RoF that makes it fall in line with the other weapons into a balanced sandbox.

In a recent interview with Frankie by Tom “TSquared” Taylor on Gamespot Frankie said that perfection is impossible but they will try as hard as possible to achieve it.

Here is your chance Frankie.

> ‘‘whoever saw who first wins’’

I wasn’t aware that strafing and cover didn’t exist in Halo 3.

Ugh, no, the BR is fine. They’re not going to change it just to accomodate nostalgiac fans’ belief that the BR is the god-weapon of Halo that reigns supreme over every weapon.

I thought people got this out of their system in the weeks following E3.

> Ugh, no, the BR is fine. They’re not going to change it just to accomodate nostalgiac fans’ belief that the BR is the god-weapon of Halo that reigns supreme over every weapon.

Nobody is asking them to change it for nostalgia’s sake. We are asking them to change it because it is not balanced with the other 2 precision weapons.

And precision weapons will still reign supreme over every other weapon, regardless if its the BR, DMR, or Carbine.

Seriously, who said the BR <mark>HAS</mark> to be 4sk? It’s being stacked against new weapons for a new purpose in a new sandbox.

> I personally disagree, i think it looks great from what iv seen in the videos, H3s multiplayer with BRs just felt like a game of ‘‘whoever saw who first wins’’ if i was getting shot at, the only option i was left with was to flee and hide or die because there was no way of turning and fireing back while having any possible chance to win. that is unless the guy shooting at you has parkinsons.

I’m sorry but that is entirely untrue. Halo has always been known for its slower kill times where the first shot does not mean that you are out of the battle; that kind of ability is reserved only for the power weapons. In Halo you can ALWAYS turn around and shoot back at the guy… its just a matter of map awareness and skill.

This is what separates Halo from every single other game in the market. The only games that even remotely resemble Halo are Quake and Unreal tournament both of which have faster kill times and faster movement.

@Overkill You’re not taking ease of use into account at all. If you’ve watched the videos you’d know that spread is little to nothing and hitscan makes shots instantly hit. So far the whole “killtime” argument is based on number analysis while not at all taking into account that the BR is an easier weapon to use while the DMR loses aim assist the closer you get.

Also, slowing down the BR’s rate of fire and putting it at 4 shot would make it at a Halo 3 killtime… And it’s already at the Halo 3 killtime…

> Ugh, no, the BR is fine. They’re not going to change it just to accomodate nostalgiac fans’ belief that the BR is the god-weapon of Halo that reigns supreme over every weapon.
>
> I thought people got this out of their system in the weeks following E3.

The BR could be a 4 shot and take 4 hours to shoot.

Making it a 4 shot in absolutely no way will make it overpowered… there is more to it than just the number of bullets to kill…

>_>

> > I personally disagree, i think it looks great from what iv seen in the videos, H3s multiplayer with BRs just felt like a game of ‘‘whoever saw who first wins’’ if i was getting shot at, the only option i was left with was to flee and hide or die because there was no way of turning and fireing back while having any possible chance to win. that is unless the guy shooting at you has parkinsons.
>
> I’m sorry but that is entirely untrue. Halo has always been known for its slower kill times where the first shot does not mean that you are out of the battle; that kind of ability is reserved only for the power weapons. In Halo you can ALWAYS turn around and shoot back at the guy… its just a matter of map awareness and skill.
>
> This is what separates Halo from every single other game in the market. The only games that even remotely resemble Halo are Quake and Unreal tournament both of which have faster kill times and faster movement.

Im trying to say that the fireing rate was alittle high, by the time your turn around if the shooter is even a decent shot will have about two out of four shots in you. if you were left out in the open you might as well just crouch and wait to die.

> > > I personally disagree, i think it looks great from what iv seen in the videos, H3s multiplayer with BRs just felt like a game of ‘‘whoever saw who first wins’’ if i was getting shot at, the only option i was left with was to flee and hide or die because there was no way of turning and fireing back while having any possible chance to win. that is unless the guy shooting at you has parkinsons.
> >
> > I’m sorry but that is entirely untrue. Halo has always been known for its slower kill times where the first shot does not mean that you are out of the battle; that kind of ability is reserved only for the power weapons. In Halo you can ALWAYS turn around and shoot back at the guy… its just a matter of map awareness and skill.
> >
> > This is what separates Halo from every single other game in the market. The only games that even remotely resemble Halo are Quake and Unreal tournament both of which have faster kill times and faster movement.
>
> Im trying to say that the fireing rate was alittle high, by the time your turn around if the shooter is even a decent shot will have about two out of four shots in you. if you were left out in the open you might as well just crouch and wait to die.

But the gun was also VERY inconsistent what with the terrible net code making people eat bullets, the random spread and the refunding of bullets entirely lost to the connection.

> > > > I personally disagree, i think it looks great from what iv seen in the videos, H3s multiplayer with BRs just felt like a game of ‘‘whoever saw who first wins’’ if i was getting shot at, the only option i was left with was to flee and hide or die because there was no way of turning and fireing back while having any possible chance to win. that is unless the guy shooting at you has parkinsons.
> > >
> > > I’m sorry but that is entirely untrue. Halo has always been known for its slower kill times where the first shot does not mean that you are out of the battle; that kind of ability is reserved only for the power weapons. In Halo you can ALWAYS turn around and shoot back at the guy… its just a matter of map awareness and skill.
> > >
> > > This is what separates Halo from every single other game in the market. The only games that even remotely resemble Halo are Quake and Unreal tournament both of which have faster kill times and faster movement.
> >
> > Im trying to say that the fireing rate was alittle high, by the time your turn around if the shooter is even a decent shot will have about two out of four shots in you. if you were left out in the open you might as well just crouch and wait to die.
>
> But the gun was also VERY inconsistent what with the terrible net code making people eat bullets, the random spread and the refunding of bullets entirely lost to the connection.

Yea it was, it seemed like i would be hitting all my shots but they werent registering very well, or maybe i was just a bad shot, im glad they added brackets in the reticle whenver your shot hits.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Holy crap, people will -Yoink- about every little thing won’t they? I guess that’s all forums are for now-a-days. Why don’t we wait until there is a game in front of us before you all start herp derping all over the forums demanding stuff? Guess common sense is out the window too.

When has there EVER been 100% complete balance for one class of weapons? Pretty sure the BR & DMR(In Reach) have always been better in the precision weapons department in past Halo games. Let’s not take into consideration that the Covenant & Forerunners have far more advanced weapons techology than the humans. But yeah, let’s make all the guns kill you exactly the same, let’s just have different bullet effects for the guns. Give me a freaking break and take a moment to realize how irrational you’re being. Please.