Do you think 343 has learnt there lesson?

Do you think 343 has learnt with halo 4?
I think there gonna take H5G back to Halo 3/Reach style thats why theyve postponed the release date till 2015 which i think is a brilliant move!
What do you all think?

Reach, although better than Halo 4, is not a good game to model Halo 5 after.
Also, Halo 5 was not postponed; they never mentioned a release date before this.

> Reach, although better than Halo 4, is not a good game to modal Halo 5 after.
> Also, Halo 5 was not postponed; they never mentioned a release date before this.

I know, i was never keen on it but population numbers say differently, it was played even until now! and i thought they did say 2014, swear i saw it somewhere or everywhere was saying 2014 either way they should get it fully finished unlike halo 4 where it was about half done

No clue until I get the game in my hands.

> i thought they did say 2014, swear i saw it somewhere or everywhere was saying 2014 either way they should get it fully finished unlike halo 4 where it was about half done

“Your halo journey begins in 2014” is about all thats been said. Its likely referring to whatever they’re putting out this year, which they even hinted out when H:5G was finally named.

That said, if there was a delay, I’d say its likely due to new engine. Not only are they making a new engine, but they have to guarantee it feels enough like the old in play while allowing them to do new things.

> > i thought they did say 2014, swear i saw it somewhere or everywhere was saying 2014 either way they should get it fully finished unlike halo 4 where it was about half done
>
> “Your halo journey begins in 2014” is about all thats been said. Its likely referring to whatever they’re putting out this year, which they even hinted out when H:5G was finally named.
>
> That said, if there was a delay, I’d say its likely due to new engine. Not only are they making a new engine, but they have to guarantee it feels enough like the old in play while allowing them to do new things.

Yeah i thought they said somewhere 2014 and yeah exactly, either way more time to make the game cant be bad!

No one will know until its released.

Halo 4 didn’t feel rushed to me… it was just a bad game.
An extra 6 months of dev time would’ve done nothing in regards to correcting what everybody hated.

The fact that they’re building an engine specifically for Xbox One excites me a lot.
Because the engine and company are so focused (one console), everything will be optimized perfectly, and because this is Microsoft’s cow, they will give 343 everything possible (details on every nook and cranny, servers, DX12, cloud, personnel, money, etc.).
I just hope it isn’t wasted on a random and skill-less version of Halo like the failure that is 4.

Well, for one: please try to sleep learned and their correctly. Grammar helps a lot when trying to shoe others that you’re willing to have an intellectual discussion.

I believe that 343i has learned from their mistakes. I do not believe that they will throw everything in Halo 4 away. Personally, I hope to see Custom loadouts for most unranked game modes in Halo 5, and I also hope that Cortana stays dead, for story purposes.

Don’t get me wrong- I love every Halo game. I’m hopeful for the future, and I look forward to E3 like everyone else.

Halo 4 wasn’t a failure. It was just a small little slip. Anyone can fall. It just takes a great man to get back up.

> <mark>Halo 4 didn’t feel rushed to me… it was just a bad game.</mark>
> <mark>An extra 6 months of dev time would’ve done nothing in regards to correcting what everybody hated</mark>.
>
> The fact that they’re building an engine specifically for Xbox One excites me a lot.
> Because the engine and company are so focused (one console), everything will be optimized perfectly, and because this is Microsoft’s cow, they will give 343 everything possible (details on every nook and cranny, servers, DX12, cloud, personnel, money, etc.).
> I just hope it isn’t wasted on a random and skill-less version of Halo like <mark>the failure that is 4.</mark>

This is where you’re wrong. Halo 4 wasn’t universally hated. Sure it’s had a shorter lifespan, but Halo 4 has the best campaign story out of all of them. That’s where most of the praise went towards. While Halo 4 isn’t horrible, and its definitely not a 10/10, its not a 1/10. Honestly, for me, it would have been a 7/10(Good)- A 5/10(Average) if the campaign want so great and if the graphics sucked. But those aren’t bad scores at all.

This is probably a topic for another day.

Until we actually play the game, there isn’t a whole lot that we can say.

> > <mark>Halo 4 didn’t feel rushed to me… it was just a bad game.</mark>
> > <mark>An extra 6 months of dev time would’ve done nothing in regards to correcting what everybody hated</mark>.
> >
> > The fact that they’re building an engine specifically for Xbox One excites me a lot.
> > Because the engine and company are so focused (one console), everything will be optimized perfectly, and because this is Microsoft’s cow, they will give 343 everything possible (details on every nook and cranny, servers, DX12, cloud, personnel, money, etc.).
> > I just hope it isn’t wasted on a random and skill-less version of Halo like <mark>the failure that is 4.</mark>
>
> This is where you’re wrong. Halo 4 wasn’t universally hated. Sure it’s had a shorter lifespan, but Halo 4 has the best campaign story out of all of them. That’s where most of the praise went towards. While Halo 4 isn’t horrible, and its definitely not a 10/10, its not a 1/10. Honestly, for me, it would have been a 7/10(Good)- A 5/10(Average) if the campaign want so great and if the graphics sucked. But those aren’t bad scores at all.
>
> This is probably a topic for another day.

I only judge MP.
The MP was a 6/10, which is a failure because 1-3 were 10s to me.

If they haven’t figured out where they went wrong by now, they never will.

> > > <mark>Halo 4 didn’t feel rushed to me… it was just a bad game.</mark>
> > > <mark>An extra 6 months of dev time would’ve done nothing in regards to correcting what everybody hated</mark>.
> > >
> > > The fact that they’re building an engine specifically for Xbox One excites me a lot.
> > > Because the engine and company are so focused (one console), everything will be optimized perfectly, and because this is Microsoft’s cow, they will give 343 everything possible (details on every nook and cranny, servers, DX12, cloud, personnel, money, etc.).
> > > I just hope it isn’t wasted on a random and skill-less version of Halo like <mark>the failure that is 4.</mark>
> >
> > This is where you’re wrong. Halo 4 wasn’t universally hated. Sure it’s had a shorter lifespan, but Halo 4 has the best campaign story out of all of them. That’s where most of the praise went towards. While Halo 4 isn’t horrible, and its definitely not a 10/10, its not a 1/10. Honestly, for me, it would have been a 7/10(Good)- A 5/10(Average) if the campaign want so great and if the graphics sucked. But those aren’t bad scores at all.
> >
> > This is probably a topic for another day.
>
> <mark>I only judge MP.</mark>
> The MP was a 6/10, which is a failure because 1-3 were 10s to me.

And that is where the fault lies. One thing does not kill a game. And you do realize a 6/10 isn’t a failure, right? A 6/10 is probably around a “better than average”, considering a 5 I’d average. From the way you talk about it, I would’ve expected you to say it was a 3/10(Horrible).

What exactly is “Halo 3/Reach style”?

I like to be optimistic, I am optimistic, and I’m confident that in some way, 343i has learned some lessons with Halo 4.

However, seeing how they addressed the sprint issues with adding an Armor Mod that makes the issues worse makes me a little skeptical on whether or not they’ve actually considered the feedback that they’ve been given.

I guess we’ll see though.

> > > > <mark>Halo 4 didn’t feel rushed to me… it was just a bad game.</mark>
> > > > <mark>An extra 6 months of dev time would’ve done nothing in regards to correcting what everybody hated</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > The fact that they’re building an engine specifically for Xbox One excites me a lot.
> > > > Because the engine and company are so focused (one console), everything will be optimized perfectly, and because this is Microsoft’s cow, they will give 343 everything possible (details on every nook and cranny, servers, DX12, cloud, personnel, money, etc.).
> > > > I just hope it isn’t wasted on a random and skill-less version of Halo like <mark>the failure that is 4.</mark>
> > >
> > > This is where you’re wrong. Halo 4 wasn’t universally hated. Sure it’s had a shorter lifespan, but Halo 4 has the best campaign story out of all of them. That’s where most of the praise went towards. While Halo 4 isn’t horrible, and its definitely not a 10/10, its not a 1/10. Honestly, for me, it would have been a 7/10(Good)- A 5/10(Average) if the campaign want so great and if the graphics sucked. But those aren’t bad scores at all.
> > >
> > > This is probably a topic for another day.
> >
> > <mark>I only judge MP.</mark>
> > The MP was a 6/10, which is a failure because 1-3 were 10s to me.
>
> And that is where the fault lies. One thing does not kill a game. And you do realize a 6/10 isn’t a failure, right? A 6/10 is probably around a “better than average”, considering a 5 I’d average. From the way you talk about it, I would’ve expected you to say it was a 3/10(Horrible).

One thing? It’s half the game; the only half I play.
6 is not better than average, especially for Triple A.
The overall average is not 5, it’s something higher, for sure.
The Triple A average is probably a 9 or higher.

> One thing? It’s half the game; the only half I play.
> 6 is not better than average, especially for Triple A.
> The overall average is not 5, it’s something higher, for sure.
> The Triple A average is probably a 9 or higher.

I’m sorry, what? A 9/10 is a fantastic game. 10/10 is practically perfect. That’s not simply “average”. I sure wish 9/10 was standard for the industry though.

6/10 is above average. That’s how a 1-10 scale works.

> No one will know until its released.

False.

It will become clear at the first release of gameplay or media coverage.

> > > > > <mark>Halo 4 didn’t feel rushed to me… it was just a bad game.</mark>
> > > > > <mark>An extra 6 months of dev time would’ve done nothing in regards to correcting what everybody hated</mark>.
> > > > >
> > > > > The fact that they’re building an engine specifically for Xbox One excites me a lot.
> > > > > Because the engine and company are so focused (one console), everything will be optimized perfectly, and because this is Microsoft’s cow, they will give 343 everything possible (details on every nook and cranny, servers, DX12, cloud, personnel, money, etc.).
> > > > > I just hope it isn’t wasted on a random and skill-less version of Halo like <mark>the failure that is 4.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > This is where you’re wrong. Halo 4 wasn’t universally hated. Sure it’s had a shorter lifespan, but Halo 4 has the best campaign story out of all of them. That’s where most of the praise went towards. While Halo 4 isn’t horrible, and its definitely not a 10/10, its not a 1/10. Honestly, for me, it would have been a 7/10(Good)- A 5/10(Average) if the campaign want so great and if the graphics sucked. But those aren’t bad scores at all.
> > > >
> > > > This is probably a topic for another day.
> > >
> > > <mark>I only judge MP.</mark>
> > > The MP was a 6/10, which is a failure because 1-3 were 10s to me.
> >
> > And that is where the fault lies. One thing does not kill a game. And you do realize a 6/10 isn’t a failure, right? A 6/10 is probably around a “better than average”, considering a 5 I’d average. From the way you talk about it, I would’ve expected you to say it was a 3/10(Horrible).
>
> One thing? It’s half the game; <mark>the only half I play.</mark>
> 6 is not better than average, especially for Triple A.
> The overall average is not 5, it’s something higher, for sure.
> The Triple A average is probably a 9 or higher.

Oh and suddenly since it is the only half YOU play, the game sucks entirely because YOU didn’t like the half YOU played.