Do you still get banned when restarting the game?

I restarted Halo 5 one time and I didn’t get banned. When I left a match I got banned. Does anyone know why I didn’t not get suspended on that one occasion?
Also does anyone know why an account can’t play on H5? I was playing with a friend one time and he joined my fireteam. Once I loaded into the match it kicked him and he was not able to play. He was not banned and we tried several things to fix it. One day we tried the game again and it worked. Does anyone have answers? If so, thanks.

Disconnects all count, doesn’t matter if you unplug your Xbox, close the game or leave via the menu. You won’t always got a temp ban though, depending on how many matches you have played without a quit.

In my time of playing Halo 5… I’ve never got a ban because I’ve been disconnected and had to restart, only time I got a ban was from leaving too many matches in too short a time period. If it’s happened to you, you must have had quite a few shutdowns in a short period of time. I would try a hard restart of the console… see if that solves the problem. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the local save data… that might clear any issues you have in the cache or a corrupted save file… Other people here in the community might know better… but that’s what I’ve found when searching the interwebs for issues I’ve had with various games, hopefully that might help you out…

> 2542657289641224;3:
> In my time of playing Halo 5… I’ve never got a ban because I’ve been disconnected and had to restart, only time I got a ban was from leaving too many matches in too short a time period. If it’s happened to you, you must have had quite a few shutdowns in a short period of time. I would try a hard restart of the console… see if that solves the problem. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the local save data… that might clear any issues you have in the cache or a corrupted save file… Other people here in the community might know better… but that’s what I’ve found when searching the interwebs for issues I’ve had with various games, hopefully that might help you out…

Thanks

> 2535413107551836;4:
> > 2542657289641224;3:
> > In my time of playing Halo 5… I’ve never got a ban because I’ve been disconnected and had to restart, only time I got a ban was from leaving too many matches in too short a time period. If it’s happened to you, you must have had quite a few shutdowns in a short period of time. I would try a hard restart of the console… see if that solves the problem. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the local save data… that might clear any issues you have in the cache or a corrupted save file… Other people here in the community might know better… but that’s what I’ve found when searching the interwebs for issues I’ve had with various games, hopefully that might help you out…
>
> Thanks

No problem… I just hope it helps… nothing worse than trying to play a game and getting hosed and unable to play because of tech issues… that aren’t even your fault…