Do you really want a Halo 2 Anniversary.

I hear a lot about people talking about wanting a Halo 2 anniversary, but it seems like the majority of ppl want it for the multiplayer. So I was wondering if you would rather have a Halo 2 anniversary, whose multiplayer will most likely be a Halo 4 map pack, or have the Halo 2 servers go back online and have the DLC be downloadable from the Xbox 360 live marketplace?

I’d rather have the Campaign with a Halo 4 map pack.

I really wanted halo 2 remake for sure. I had great times playing it,system link, campaign really nice although i never understood nothing what they were saying xD i had like 8 years old and i couldn’t speak/understand that much english. ( portuguese native language)

> I’d rather have the Campaign with a Halo 4 map pack.

Got to go with this. I didn’t actually play Halo 2’s multiplayer until after Halo 3, so Halo 2 offered a larger campaign experience for me overall. And boy was that a good one!

Halo 2’s MP created XBL. It ruled XBL charts for years. It was a dominate game. If Halo 2’s MP wasn’t enabled again on XBL, I wouldn’t buy Halo 2 Anniversary and I think the majority of those that left the Halo franchise (because of Halo 3 and Reach) for Gears and COD wouldn’t either.

The only problem I see with a Halo 2 Anniversary is there already is a Halo 2 with Live support, Halo 2 Vista. It also supports achievements and multiplayer. There is no need for a Halo 2 remake. Halo CE anniversary was a well timed marketing campaign for Halo 4 and at the same time a nice gift to the Halo community. Halo 2 anniversary doesn’t have that opportunity.

I’d love another ODST game set on Delta Halo during the same time period.

> <mark>Halo 2’s MP created XBL.</mark> It ruled XBL charts for years. It was a dominate game. If Halo 2’s MP wasn’t enabled again on XBL, I wouldn’t buy Halo 2 Anniversary and I think the majority of those that left the Halo franchise (because of Halo 3 and Reach) for Gears and COD wouldn’t either.

No, that was Microsoft.

> The only problem I see with a Halo 2 Anniversary is there already is a Halo 2 with Live support, Halo 2 Vista. It also supports achievements and multiplayer. There is no need for a Halo 2 remake. Halo CE anniversary was a well timed marketing campaign for Halo 4 and at the same time a nice gift to the Halo community. Halo 2 anniversary doesn’t have that opportunity.

It wasn’t a gift, it was great marketing by MS. They had nothing to do with CE at it’s release and 343 didn’t exist. They celebrated someone else’s game 10 years after release and sold it for $40 (the standard rate for remakes). Marketing…+1.

When H2 hit Live it quickly dominated the online experience and made MS a force in MP gaming. Several months after Nov 2014 the 360 will have been around for ten years. You think that MS would not market/celebrate all that in one? There’s way more meaning for MS/343 to celebrate H2 than CE, imo.

> > The only problem I see with a Halo 2 Anniversary is there already is a Halo 2 with Live support, Halo 2 Vista. It also supports achievements and multiplayer. There is no need for a Halo 2 remake. Halo CE anniversary was a well timed marketing campaign for Halo 4 and at the same time a nice gift to the Halo community. Halo 2 anniversary doesn’t have that opportunity.
>
> It wasn’t a gift, it was great marketing by MS. They had nothing to do with CE at it’s release and 343 didn’t exist. They celebrated someone else’s game 10 years after release and sold it for $40 (the standard rate for remakes). Marketing…+1.
>
> When H2 hit Live it quickly dominated the online experience and made MS a force in MP gaming. Several months after Nov 2014 the 360 will have been around for ten years. You think that MS would not market/celebrate all that in one? There’s way more meaning for MS/343 to celebrate H2 than CE, imo.

Exactly! Microsoft WANTED us to think of it as a “gift”. That’s part of what made their marketing strategy so successful. It obviously worked, because you people can’t seem to stop repeating the fact that you gifted Microsoft $40 each for the game. Stop using that excuse, it’s invalid.

I would like a halo 2 anniversary
For 3 reasons
1.i was dissapointed with CE AE (Combat evolved anniversary)
2. ive never played halo 2
3.I have it for pc but i can even install it
the system requirements are INSANE
Even for me with 64 bit version of vista
But untell then i’ll stick with the pc version of combat evolved
And halo reach and halo wars
Which is in the process of being delivered to me from gamestop

I want the Halo 2 servers back online please!!!

no. i want Aniversary. its time we moved on

I might have to say HALO 2 Anniversary as it would be a better fixed copy with much better graphics and netcode + fixing all the bugs from the past …

> > <mark>Halo 2’s MP created XBL.</mark> It ruled XBL charts for years. It was a dominate game. If Halo 2’s MP wasn’t enabled again on XBL, I wouldn’t buy Halo 2 Anniversary and I think the majority of those that left the Halo franchise (because of Halo 3 and Reach) for Gears and COD wouldn’t either.
>
> No, that was Microsoft.

I never got to expierence halo 2’s Multiplayer so all I ever played was the campaign and that is most important to me. That is my sole reason for the remake.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

No.

I’d love it. It was the game that revolutionized modern online gaming and matchmaking, and I had so much fun playing it for years.

I’d definitely be for an anniversary edition/remake - and hopefully a true remake of the multiplayer too - with the same original ranking system, and not a link to Halo 4’s interface with a map pack similar to the way Halo: CEA was to Reach.

Anyway, I’m not holding my breath, but I’d really like to see the set completed on Xbox 360. Halo 2 is the only missing title.

It’s kinda dumb being able to play every campaign on the 360 with achievements except H2. I’m sure we’ll have an H2A next year because both H2 and LIVE will have been around for 10 years at that time.

I would like Halo 2 Anniversary for the full experiance since I never got to play Halo 2. I could deal with a Halo 2 esque multiplayer that uses the Halo 4 engine along with the original campaign with new graphics, terminals, and achievements.