Do You Prefer Equipment or Armor Abilities?

Do you guys prefer armor abilities or equipment

Equipment
-Bubble Shield (this just lead to fun gameplay)
-deployable cover
-Flare (it kinda backfired)
-Portable Grav lift
-Power Drain (This was a good piece of equipment)
-Radar Jammer (This thing was pointless)
-Regenator
-Trip Mine (aaaahhh memories)

Halo Reach AA
-Active Camo
-Armor Lock
-Sprint
-Evade
-Hologram
-Drop Shield
-Jet Pack

Halo 4 AA
-Promethean Vision
-Autosentry
-Regeneration Field
-Hardlight Shield
-Thruster Pack
-Jet Pack
-Active Camo
-Hologram

I personally prefer equipment just because of the bubble shield

Equipment by far. encourages map movement and faster paced gameplay. also made it so players were on an even playing field off of spawn.

Honestly if you had a BR in Halo 3 equitment was fairly useless unless you were an idiot so I will go with that. I would say the regen on Pit was probably the only one that was ever useful though and maybe the power drain on narrows for funny moments.

> Honestly if you had a BR in Halo 3 equitment was fairly useless unless you were an idiot so I will go with that. I would say the regen on Pit was probably the only one that was ever useful though and maybe the power drain on narrows for funny moments.

most of them could be fairly useful in the right situation.

> maybe the power drain on narrows for funny moments.

I’m a pro at throwing that thing at my teammates, especially on Narrows. That counts, right?

Equipment, throwing a bubble shield on a guy with rockets was priceless.

> Honestly if you had a BR in Halo 3 equitment was fairly useless unless you were an idiot so I will go with that. I would say the regen on Pit was probably the only one that was ever useful though and maybe the power drain on narrows for funny moments.

It definitely wasn’t useless. Regen, energy drain, and bubble shield were all very useful. What I would have liked to see was an expansion upon equipment instead of the introduction of armor abilities. You don’t even have to think about balancing them because they’re one use and don’t all have to be used every map like armor abilities. Map design would be worlds better too. The reason the maps in halo reach and halo 4 were so bad was because they had to cater to jet packs and sprint.

Armor Abilities are my favorite, simply because they recharge. Equipment’s a one-time use.

Though I miss yelling “POKEBALL, GO!” and throwing a flare in my teammate’s face in Halo 3.

I thought equipment was sorta… clumsy. I dunno, it never felt right to me. Plus the designs were awful. I bet I could make an equally effective flare using instructions off the internet, and it wouldn’t need to be bigger than a beachball. Power Drain and Radar Jammer were just reskins, thus also unnecessarily huge.

And their deployment could have been much better.

I’m going to be honest and speak in terms of fun rather than competitive gameplay.

Equipment in Halo 3 was just kinda there. It didn’t feel obtrusive but didn’t add anything either.

Armour Abilities seemed like a good concept in Reach but were poorly implemented. They detracted from the gameplay.

Halo 4, in my opinion, refined the Armour Ability concept and made it fun. More maps were designed around AAs as well, something Reach lacked. That’s not to say that some maps still have spots that can be broken with AAs, but it’s a major improvement.

I’d say I like equipment more
most armor abilities are alright yea idk
I am very glad I don’t have to choose a sprint AA to sprint in halo4… that was all I picked in reach whenever it was an option

> Though I miss yelling “POKEBALL, GO!” and throwing a flare in my teammate’s face in Halo 3.

rofl

Equipments purely for the fact its an on map item. Halo should be all about on map instead of running around with everything coming to you.

Imagine if Adrift had PV spawn in the middle, would be amazing battles to get that, and whoever won it would be reaping rewards.

Then again im against ordinance and would rather go back to timed weapon spawns!

AA’s, they are more practical to gameplay.

i vote AA, but its a hard pick
Equipment made halo 3 multiplayer maps more intresting, you had to earn the ability to use it to gain an edge, that i liked.
Armour Abilities, i like how they are built into your armour, you can pick an amazing ability to keep all the time and not loose

Can’t chose both?

wait are you guys serious (not all of you) but come on equipment caused you tothink. idk about you guys but i used pretty well.

power drain was great for a group of enemies and a br overkill eeeeeeasy

Regenerator was excellent for holding sword point on pit or rocket/sniper spawn on isolation

radar jamer totaly screwed peoples radar on last resort

bubble shield was great for everything

trip mine i can’t tell you how many time it has save me from a chopper on sand trap

flare was great for blinding sniper and a quick get away

grav lift was great for getting to rocket spawn on high ground and shotgun on foundry

no one used deployable cover or Automated Turret i dont even remember them on any map lol

How 'bout allow both equipment and armor abilities to be options. Equipments would have a recharge time similar to the regen.

> AA’s, they are more practical to gameplay.

Practical as in you can spawn with it and thoughtlessly turn it on?

Do you need everything spoonfed to you?

AA’s do nothing but slowdown gameplay, and add unecessary randomness that destroys the skillgap.