Do you plan to buy Spartan Ops Season Two?

When the next season of Spartan Ops comes out, and it’s not free, do you plan to pay money for it? Why or why not?

[edit]

Personally, it’s a No for me. I’m too busy with school for the next couple years to have the time to invest in something like that. I’m quite content with hopping into matchmaking, especially now that Bravo is on the team for it.

However, I could possibly be swayed if they stepped up the gameplay for Spartan Ops. Currently, I just watch the cutscenes on youtube, and don’t often get around to playing the actual missions. The gameplay I find a little stagnant, as it takes the segmented “go here, push this button” aspect of campaign, and pretty much centres the missions around that. Also, since I have infinite lives, it completely breaks the immersion into the game, and makes me care a lot less about doing well.

[edit #2]

The PA Report posted an article outlining their thoughts on how season 1 of Spartan Ops went. I was reading the comments section, as it’s usually pretty good for that website and came across this little gem posted by EPYONMX:

> ‘But Spartan Ops still gets my hackles up and here’s why:
>
> >>“Still, it’s hard to argue with the price of ‘“free”’”
>
> The price isn’t “free”, though. It cost Firefight. That’s too much. At least for me.’

PA Report on Spartan Ops Season 1

That hit home pretty hard for me. I don’t think Firefight for Spartan Ops was a fair trade, and if 343i knocks Season 2 out of the park, I’m still unsure if it ever could be.

Yes. I like Spartan Ops, and while FF was super fun, I never got to use a tank or a gauss hog in FF. I’m addicted to Ep.9 Ch. 3 right now. Tank beats everything.

For me, buying it would be just like buying any other game.

As much as I liked SpOps in the beginning, I grew very bored with it. If they add more/different features then yes, but if not then I’ll just look up the spoilers.

If they continue with recycled maps, repetitive missions, laggy experience, making Halsey appear to be a mad scientist, etc. than absolutely not.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

assuming there is a second season…

Sighhhh… in all likely hood probably not, at least not not in the near future when it is released.

I am just getting too old and busy with school to fully appreciate and enjoy Halo like i used too. Maybe it’s Halo 4 or it’s me, idk but either way i just can’t bring my self to play very often anymore, i often get bored quickly. The only part that still grips me just like it did in Halo CE is the story of Master Chief.

> If they continue with recycled maps, repetitive missions, laggy experience, <mark>making Halsey appear to be a mad scientist</mark>, etc. than absolutely not.

Read Glasslands and you’ll see why she is seen that way (or get more upset if you have already)

I’m passing on it if I have to pay for it and to be honest I’m considering passing on it if it’s free. And here’s the horrible math behind why.

1. 25% because the community is now really horrible to play with. No Mics, Team killing, XP farming, AFK, Or they have Mics and it’s racism 101.

2. 25% because of the Ai. Horrible spawning, impossible aim of God, Fuel Rod Spamming, Promethean are uninspiring and dull. LAG makes this a horrible, horrible, horrible stew of horrible stew.

3. 25% because of Egghead. Rolland saved the day, but really he can’t carry the whole conversation. Though I would welcome him to try.

4. 25% of button pushing. I feel like a rat made to run from one end of the maze to the next to push a button. NO CHEESE so no FUN. So this tends to sucks after six times on the same map going both ways and it’s simply week after week of this nonsense.

So there’s the 100% of whaaaahhhh! Whatever go buy it and have fun.

> > If they continue with recycled maps, repetitive missions, laggy experience, <mark>making Halsey appear to be a mad scientist</mark>, etc. than absolutely not.
>
> Read Glasslands and you’ll see why she is seen that way (or get more upset if you have already)

Haven’t had a chance to read it honestly. I’ve seen plenty of summaries though and I’m getting the vibe that Karen Travis is a Halsey hater.

Yes, automatic purchase for me.

Reasons:

1. The story and CGI is fantastic.

2. Point 1 will lead into Halo 5, why wouldn’t I keep following Halo development?

3. The gameplay is fresh and after 10+ years of Halo/multiplayer I like the new SPOPS, not so much solo but recently the Australian player matching for me on Monday/Tuesday nights has been brilliant. The input latency sucks but that’s the technology of today, nothing to do with 343i/Bungie coop netcode etc.

4. Characters, I like a number of the characters in SPOPS; Glassman, Halsey, Lasky, Thorne

5. Value for money, any DLC or SPOPS season pass will be so cheap for the number of games I’ll play in it. Far better value than going to the movies or the Australian Open tennis etc etc.

If it contains a Sarah Palmer then NO.

If there was, yes, but there will unlikley be, those cinematics are too expensive to produce to make DLC viable I think.

It would be cool if before Halo 5 we got a bit of content to soft of lead into it though.

Depends on the price and quality.

honestly why should i? ive already put $100 into this game. so no. UFCK that. they NEED to give this up for free. bottom line. not to mention if im taking up more GBs on my HDD then they should pay me…

I am sorry, but are you trying to start a hoax? and what is your source for saying what you are saying?

What halo nation states about spartan ops
V------------------------------V

Spartan Ops is a free episodic co-operative series, taking place six months after the end of Halo 4’s campaign. Seasons are made up of ten Episodes, containing five Chapters each, for a total of 50 Chapters per Season. Episodes are released in weekly, free DLCs.”

I highly doubt spartan ops season 2 through 10 will be priced, and will be free since they did replace firefight.

Source:

If they make the missions more ‘mission like’, then yes. As in giving checkpoints, if everyone dies then spawn in the previous checkpoint alongside some sort of limited lives system. Instead of the go here go there objectives most spartan ops missions have, have more twists and turns (and no, “Crimson, you’re not done here yet detecting enemies all around your position!” is not a twist), and not running back and forth across the same environment in one mission. I would prefer instead of another 50 missions season, a 10 missions season where all this is implemented and well thought out. And the deal or no deal aspect regardless of how it is made, is offline playability since we will actually have to PAY for it!

> I am sorry, but are you trying to start a hoax? and what is your source for saying what you are saying?
>
> What halo nation states about spartan ops
> V------------------------------V
>
> “Spartan Ops is a free episodic co-operative series, taking place six months after the end of Halo 4’s campaign. Seasons are made up of ten Episodes, containing five Chapters each, for a total of 50 Chapters per Season. Episodes are released in weekly, free DLCs.”
>
>
> <mark>I highly doubt spartan ops season 2 through 10 will be priced, and will be free since they did replace firefight.</mark>
>
> Source:
> Spartan Ops | Halo Alpha | Fandom

I would like to think this. However, they did say in all of the promotional material for Halo 4 that the first season of Spartan Ops would be free. Now yes, this doesn’t necessarily imply that future seasons will cost money, but I think it’s a fairly safe bet, if there are more seasons.

> I am sorry, but are you trying to start a hoax? and what is your source for saying what you are saying?
>
> What halo nation states about spartan ops
> V------------------------------V
>
> “Spartan Ops is a free episodic co-operative series, taking place six months after the end of Halo 4’s campaign. Seasons are made up of ten Episodes, containing five Chapters each, for a total of 50 Chapters per Season. Episodes are released in weekly, free DLCs.”
>
>
>
> I highly doubt spartan ops season 2 through 10 will be priced, and will be free since they did replace firefight.
>
> Source:
> Spartan Ops | Halo Alpha | Fandom

They said multiple times before release that spartan ops season 1 will be free. This implies that any other season will come with a price, or at least it’s a possibility, so there is nothing wrong to speculate it.

If there is a season 2. I will monitor these boards, as well as video of online play to get the lowdown on lag, etc and to a greater extent. whether or not sp ops is playable offline so as to better make an informed decision. But for now the answer is a definite NO.

Yes I will. Weather I feel ripped off is a whole another question. It all depends if the maps keep repeating.