Do you like the clamber feature?

I think it’s a great feature for getting around the vertical parts of a map that would otherwise jetpack heavy.

No.

I have to stop shooting to be able to jump over anything.

Ugggghhhhh, 343!!!

> 2535467992014559;2:
> I think it’s a great feature for getting around the vertical parts of a map that would otherwise jetpack heavy.

I agree. It worked very well.

Love it.

I’m suck abd tired of devs being lazy and just making you crouch jump to get up things.

> 2533274857398125;5:
> Love it.
>
> I’m suck abd tired of devs being lazy and just making you crouch jump to get up things.

Why does thia topic always become about crouch jumping? Mantling is taking over for normal jumping all over the place as well.

I like it. I’ve thought of having this feature since Halo 3.

I like it. Makes me feel agile and I feel like I can get around the map better. There have been so many times where I’ve jumped and couldn’t reach a ledge and just died.

It also means we don’t have do risky grenade jumps anymore.

Clamber makes it much easier to patrol the maps, and it also gives you more routes to choose from so you’re less likely to get ambushed.

No

Its only a hand holding ability for people that make bad plays and it lowers the skillgap.

> 2533274818521550;11:
> No
>
> Its only a hand holding ability for people that make bad plays and it lowers the skillgap.

How? All it is is another away of crouch jumping, without having to mash your controller to get over a ledge.

> 2535454614421684;3:
> No.
>
> I have to stop shooting to be able to jump over anything.
>
> Ugggghhhhh, 343!!!

No you don’t, from what I recall in the beta clamber only kicks in if you press jump twice. You can still jump over obstacles normally without interference.

Aren’t you scared of all the MLG hate?

Games aren’t made just for MLG, it is the large community that keeps the game going.

> 2535454614421684;3:
> No.
>
>
> Ugggghhhhh, 343!!!

The answer to this is the same as it is for sprint. Don’t clamber if you want to shoot, just like don’t sprint if you want to shoot. To me it’s pretty simple.

Clambering is now standard.

> 2533274855415912;16:
> > 2535454614421684;3:
> > No.
> >
> > I have to stop shooting to be able to jump over anything.
> >
> > Ugggghhhhh, 343!!!
>
>
> The answer to this is the same as it is for sprint. Don’t clamber if you want to shoot, just like don’t sprint if you want to shoot. To me it’s pretty simple.
>
> Clambering is now standard.

That doesn’t solve anything.

Yeah - It takes some mechanical skill away, but adds it back in spades by giving confidence to jumps and allowing players to focus more on strategy and awareness. I’m also excited to see what kind of ridiculous new skill jumps people will come up with WITH clamber (people act like skill jumps are dead all of a sudden, seriously, they need to get out more haha) I like to think of it as a quality of life improvement for spartans. Also, finding ways of gaining the ledge WITHOUT clamber will give players an edge (gun remains up, slightly faster overall). I noticed a lot of ledges in the beta that I could crouch jump if I wanted, instead of clambouring. Plus that’s not even taking into consideration how it FEELS, which is important, and it feels fluid and natural.

I think the positives outweigh the minor negatives on this one.

If it makes the players that aren’t as good as me better then I am all for it.
I realize how arrogant that sounds so let me clarify: I do not consider myself to be some virtuoso at Halo (check my service record for a good laugh). I would never think of myself as a star player, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t players that are not up to my level.
If clamber makes those players more challenging for me then I’ll only get better. So I say bring it on.

> 2535454614421684;3:
> No.
>
>
> Ugggghhhhh, 343!!!

Well if you want to reach higher point that 's your sacrifice a few seconds of no shooting, if you don’t want to stop shooting just don’t jump to a corner you can’t reach without the clamber.

> 2535467992014559;15:
> Games aren’t made just for MLG, it is the large community that keeps the game going.

Words of wisdom here, folks. Love it.

OT: I’m ecstatic for clamber. I’ve seen some videos of people using clamber in strategic ways to get around maps and some of the stuff they do is crazy. I think it has the potential to widen the skill gap, as opposed to many people claiming it will shrink it.