Do you have high hopes for halo 5?

I just wanna know how you guys and girls out there think halo 5 will be. I personally think 343 will listen to its community better, and develop a solid game. I mean, they had to have learned something right?

It’s either going to be really good or its going to be really bad.

I think 343 will learn from the mistakes of Halo 4.

Halo 4 still had some great features, but added some new features that hurt Halo. 343 know this, and I am sure will not repeat this again. H4 is still a great game. It just had some features that were disappointing or incomplete.

I am looking forward to the next Halo. And the Halo 4 campaign was pretty good for most part. As there first solo title, 343 can only improve from here.

Always have, always will.

Im trying to stay positive about this.

Maybe it will be good, or maybe it wont.

343 is going to blow our hair back with the masterpiece they are working on for us.

I have 100% confidence they have made halo 4 come a long way since release and its really an amazing thing so I trust them.

I was hyped for Halo 4. Following its release till now I can say that I’m not satisfied with it like I was with other Halo games.

I don’t know if 343i learned their lesson with Halo 4, I don’t know if Halo 5 is going to be good but I do know I don’t have much hope for the title itself. We’ll see what happens when it comes out.

I shall reserve judgment until i see it. Until then, what i will say is, if the game sucks, then MS should stop producing games, and instead focus on other media - e.g. movies, TV series’, and more books if they can.

Scenario 1:
Game is a “classic” game that treads no new ground.
I personally wouldn’t have much interest.

Scenario 2:
Compromise / refinement game that removes some features and keeps others.
One or two classic gametypes.
I would have even less interest.

Scenario 3:
Game removes features from Halo 4 and tries a fresh set of features and ideas.
Depends on exactly what new things they’ve done with the series.

I can’t really imagine any other realistic scenarios. Two and Three are probably the most likely, given 343I’s record of constantly trying to push new gametypes and playlists instead of old ones, I’d go with Three.

In which case the game will see moderate success but also criticism from older fans.

I think it will be great. I have not yet played a halo game I didn’t like.

I’m sure it will be fine. 343i has the finances, the talent and the organization to make a great game. Either way I’m going to buy it because I love Halo!

I don’t have much hope for it. They’re not going to just admit they were wrong and remove all the features that made Halo 4 really horrible to play.

Nonetheless, I’ll still play it, because it’ll be all the Halo I can get on the Xbox One, unless the Halo 2 Anniversary rumours are true.

Honestly, I have no expectations about the game at all. 343i hasn’t proved to us that they can make a great Halo game, but nothing from Halo 5 has been shown yet, so I’m reserving my judgements until later.

343i had some good ideas that just weren’t implemented well. Recent staff changes indicate that they may be more focused on the game and less focused on being better than Bungie.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Campaign wise yes, MP wise no.

Yes, I do believe I have high hopes for Halo 5, and I hope Halo 5 comes out this year, and the Halo 2 Anniversary.

> Yes, I do believe I have high hopes for Halo 5, and <mark>I hope Halo 5 comes out this year, and the Halo 2 Anniversary.</mark>

Yeah sorry, not gonna happen. It would only make sense to do one or the other.

I’m relatively neutral on the matter.

It will be as bad as Halo 4…

> > Yes, I do believe I have high hopes for Halo 5, and <mark>I hope Halo 5 comes out this year, and the Halo 2 Anniversary.</mark>
>
> Yeah sorry, not gonna happen. It would only make sense to do one or the other.

Unless [though unlikely] this alleged Halo 2 Anniversary uses Halo 5’s multiplayer like CE’s Anniversary used Reach’s?

On topic though, I doubt they’ll make a poor game. Despite all the flak Halo 4 got, it wasn’t that bad. Without a doubt there will be people who like Halo 5, there will be be people who find it ‘acceptable’ but not fantastic, there will be those who hate it, and there will always be those who will go out of their way to find anything possible to dislike about it for reasons known only to themselves.

Can’t please everyone, it’s literally impossible. You can however make it at least appealing to most.