Do you guys play Regicide? Why?

• The player who is winning gets a red mark over his head for everyone to see, without any immediate benefits
  • The player with most kills doesn’t always win
  • You can join mid-game and still win if you keep getting Regicides (killing the king over and over)

Why would you guys play Regicide? It’s virtually the same as FFA, except you get punished for taking the lead.

It’s a pretty silly gametype.

I’ve played a few times and enjoyed it, but then it’s just annoying.

Going 30-8 is always a good feeling. Lonewolf style.

I think it’s a nice gametype for the rookies to jump into and have some fun with it’s unpredictability.

Scared being marked?! You must not like being challenged. Bring it on. The king is here :slight_smile:

I’ve gotten a Running Riot as a king because everyone is foolish enough to mindlessly chase after me. I like Regicide.

> I’ve gotten a Running Riot as a king because everyone is foolish enough to mindlessly chase after me. I like Regicide.

This guy gets it.

> - The player with most kills doesn’t always win

Have you never played an objective-based gametype?

Why? So i was able to get the Venator helmet (and was successful). No i didn’t boost, i still tried to win Regicide.

That and it being the only FFA we have outside of customs. Recently though, i’ve been avoiding the playlist, i rather take ball and king in FFA throwback.

I want to focus on kills; not be punished for being too good or manipulate my score to remain high on the board but not become the king.

Tried it once or twice. It is filth compared to a real standard FFA that we had in the past.

It is pretty rough winning a regicide game having the most kills (by 10+), least deaths, and winning by only 10 points :frowning: Whoever gets the most Regicides either wins or is in close second regardless of how poor their K/D is.

I haven’t played it very much, but personally I applaud any gametype that attempts to narrow the gap between the “pros” and the “amateurs”, and thus give everyone a chance to win. It does, however, require a sacrifice on the part of the “pros”.

I play Regicide because I get sick and tired of Infinity Slayer.

> - The player who is winning gets a red mark over his head for everyone to see, without any immediate benefits
> - The player with most kills doesn’t always win
> - You can join mid-game and still win if you keep getting Regicides (killing the king over and over)
>
> Why would you guys play Regicide? It’s virtually the same as FFA, except you get punished for taking the lead.

I like having the red mark over my head, it brings more lambs to slaughter. :wink:

I play it because I enjoy it.

I just like to get screwed over for being good sometimes. You know how it goes, everyones a little self sadistic.

Only played a few games of it. Thought it was fun, its the kinda gametype that would be in Rumble Pit from Halo 3. Not super serious but its good to pass the time.

Team Regicide should be interesting though.

It’s a pretty horrible gametype in my opinion. The king should not be punished if anything he should get more points for kills. I had a game where I was king almost the whole game had 27 kills and lost…That should not happen. Getting kills as the king is hella hard.

I agree with OP. Regicide is garbage. They tried to put a spin on things like they have in some other areas. I guess they think they will get lucky and invent something people like, but all they are doing is destroying some of the best traditional playlists.

Regicide is actually my favorite match type currently (followed by Dominion). Normally I have a hard time enjoying myself. In Regicide I actually tend to do well, place in the top 3 usually. In any other game type I’m lucky to get 5th (In BtB). Just remember, we all have our favorites. Just because 1 person doesn’t like 1 game type doesn’t mean its bad.

My all time favorite match type was Invasion, which isn’t in H4 as we can’t even play as a Sangheli (Elite).