Do you feel that Halo should have ended already?

And if so, when do you think it should have ended?

I wish the series had ended after Halo 3. In my opinion, there is a huge quality gap when comparing the original trilogy to Halo Wars and all subsequent games in the series.

Absolutly not.
I like the Halo franchise

I disagree H3 was awful compared to H4 and H2.

Inb4 hate.

Uh. Not exactly. Halo 3 probably could have been the last Halo with Chief in it, but perhaps not the last overall. The franchise is getting milked, that’s for sure, and I understand the sentiment that people prefer him locked away in the Autumn, on the edge of the galaxy as the end of his story, but stopping entirely is a bit problematic.

This is kind of like that “End Halo multiplayer” thread that fired up Waypoint for a while. I absolutely agree that the next installments are of a lessened quality, but are to be rid of them entirely when the community is so split over it? I think there’s a merit to leaving Chief adrift in space and carrying on the rest of the saga without him, with different chracters and spin-off games and mechanics. I think there’s merit to ending the series on a high note, instead of letting it slowly drag itself into stagnation and mediocrity. I don’t think this is the sort of thing you can talk about on the Internet without people freaking out.

So yeah. Brace yourself.

Sorry, double post.

looks at Forerunner Saga, Broken Circle, New Blood, Halo: Evolutions, Halo: Escalation, Halo: Legends

Why on Earth would I want Halo to be over?

If Bungie played their cards right, Halo could have had a nice finish with Halo 3. I’m happy to see the franchise still moving on.

Yes. It should have ended with Reach in 2010

Oh God no, I love Halo! I don’t want it to end!

There is no reason for me to want it to end because I love the series, I love the classic stuff but when something new comes out I enjoy it too.

What kind of question is this, I think it shouldn’t even be asked!

Even though I’m generally displeased with the multiplayer, I do adore where the story is heading. So no, I like the fact that halo is still going at it.

> No, I think we’re just getting started.

Heck no!! The Halo story has a lot left to show us. Probably two more big games, one or two spin-offs, THEN it will be time to wave the checkered flag at the finish line and say GoodBye to Halo. Halo cannot last forever, but it certainly has more story and multiplayer fun left for a few more years to excite its fanbase, as long as 343 hears the community.

As much as I want Halo to go on forever, sadly one day all things must come to an end. Halo is such a rich universe there is so much more to explore of it and I think we can keep enjoying it as long as it doesn’t become stale. I do sometimes think to myself it should have ended with Halo 3 and we should have “finished the fight” but I would then be left without any new halo to enjoy and that would suck.

> 2533274803562826;13:
> As much as I want Halo to go on forever, sadly one day all things must come to an end. Halo is such a rich universe there is so much more to explore of it and I think we can keep enjoying it as long as it doesn’t become stale. I do sometimes think to myself it should have ended with Halo 3 and we should have “finished the fight” but I would then be left without any new halo to enjoy and that would suck.

I have thought the same thing. It will come to an end someday, but for now 343 needs to focus on revitalizing Halos fanbase and make us a kick butt game that is addicting on every level.

> 2533274942290421;8:
> Yes. It should have ended with Reach in 2010

It should end with Halo 6, then 343i should create a new franchise like a spiritual successor to Halo.

Halo can’t go on forever, and as much as i love it i don’t want to see it milked for ever.

They should end the Master Chief story at 6. But they should also try to explore different parts of the universe.
Also the could vary up the type of game play with ODST or other Spartans. Loved the idea for Halo 3: ODST, but the stealth could have been improved a lot.
I enjoy the universe as a whole, just getting bored of the same protagonist.

Personally I don’t like the idea of Halo ending. It does feel like Halo until around the time Reach came out because games after Reach like Halo 4,5 kind of ruined what made Halo ‘fun’ so in a way Halo feels like it’s been on life support but seriously the story is the only thing that really keeps the Halo series alive any-more for me since the multiplayer in the later games has been dead since Halo 4 for me while Halo Reach felt semi-Halo but only just by a bit.

Of course not, well at least eventually the games will stop, but the universe and lore possibilities is pretty much endless for Halo. I can see Halo going on for a long long time.

What do you mean ‘should have ended’?
It already ended.
I hear there’s some guys spewing out terrible fanfiction, but halo ended when bungie finished it.