Do what Destiny is doing

Recently the Destiny devs announced a new game mode called “Freelance” the idea is that only players who aren’t partied up can join making those who play solo at an equal advantage. This is absolutely brilliant! Halo needs this for solo players like me who want to qualify for my CSR on equal ground as any other player.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/05/major-multiplayer-changes-accompany-the-next-destiny-event

This can be a nightmare in Halo. I honestly believe that the reason why they haven’t done this is because the quitting would just be unreal. People would just join a game, and if they start losing, quit and start another. It happens in the regular playlists, and I honestly believe it would be even worse with a whole party of randoms. Then people will come on here and complain even more about -Yoink- players, quitting, and banning.

That’s a great idea. Matchmaking here is horrendous. I can never find a game that isn’t lopsided and full of quitters when I roll solo.

Its exhausting trying to coordinate schedules, check when people are on, make sure the fireteam is all setup before I can jump in multiplayer. I shouldn’t have to be punished / slaughtered just because I want to jump on solo and play a few games.

> 2604983891615163;2:
> This can be a nightmare in Halo. I honestly believe that the reason why they haven’t done this is because the quitting would just be unreal. People would just join a game, and if they start losing, quit and start another. It happens in the regular playlists, and I honestly believe it would be even worse with a whole party of randoms. Then people will come on here and complain even more about -Yoink- players, quitting, and banning.

The playlist wouldn’t replace others but simply be a side playlist for those that exclusively want to play solo like me, others who want coordination and communication can play the regular core playlists

> Making competitive multiplayer even friendlier is the addition of “Freelance” playlists. Freelance 6v6 and Freelance 3v3 will include the same modes found in the rest of the game. The difference being that only players who solo queue will qualify. That way the advantage of fireteams over those who play alone will no longer be a factor.

Basically, is a party free playlist.

> 2533274807773315;5:
> > Making competitive multiplayer even friendlier is the addition of “Freelance” playlists. Freelance 6v6 and Freelance 3v3 will include the same modes found in the rest of the game. The difference being that only players who solo queue will qualify. That way the advantage of fireteams over those who play alone will no longer be a factor.
>
>
> Basically, is a party free playlist.

Exactly, it would be really nice for those who cant get a party going or simply dont want to put in the mic for the day. I really like the idea.

Yeah I’m pretty sure its been in CoD as mercenary mode since MW2. (Don’t quote me on this I haven’t played CoD in years)

Anyways I think making a new playlist would just split player base unnecessarily. Much better just make it so that matchmaking only matches solo players with solo players.

I think this would be a cool idea.

Players won’t quit any more than they do now… That’s not a valid argument.

The nice thing about Halo is that they utilize rankings when setting up matches. You’ll be teamed up with similarly skilled players.

> 2533274921838152;6:
> > 2533274807773315;5:
> > > Making competitive multiplayer even friendlier is the addition of “Freelance” playlists. Freelance 6v6 and Freelance 3v3 will include the same modes found in the rest of the game. The difference being that only players who solo queue will qualify. That way the advantage of fireteams over those who play alone will no longer be a factor.
> >
> >
> > Basically, is a party free playlist.
>
>
> Exactly, it would be really nice for those who cant get a party going that day or simply dont want to put in the mic for the day. I really like the idea.

It’s essentially the same party restriction they have for Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves, just for a team playlist. It’s a nice idea. Unfortunately, I think they’re seems to be some reluctance to add additional playlist hoppers at the time being. I know they’re working on additional gametypes currently, so chances are we’ll see playlists for those new gametypes first. I don’t know if they’ll add additional hoppers for “solos only”, But hey, still a decent idea.

> 2604983891615163;2:
> This can be a nightmare in Halo. I honestly believe that the reason why they haven’t done this is because the quitting would just be unreal. People would just join a game, and if they start losing, quit and start another. It happens in the regular playlists, and I honestly believe it would be even worse with a whole party of randoms. Then people will come on here and complain even more about -Yoink- players, quitting, and banning.

Just to be clear, I don’t do this. But I do feel like the main reason people quit games are because of the 2-4 man squads who always work as a team and move together, making every fight a 2v1 or 3v1.

Teamwork is a Major Key to success - DJ Khaled

> 2535457602766763;8:
> I think this would be a cool idea.
>
> Players won’t quit any more than they do now… That’s not a valid argument.
>
> The nice thing about Halo is that they utilize rankings when setting up matches. You’ll be teamed up with similarly skilled players.

This game does NOT utilize ranking. If it did I wouldn’t have gotten my -Yoink- handed to me all of last week and my team would’ve been Platinums like I am ranked. No, instead my team is unranked or gold and my enemy team is full of diamonds or onyx players!

I would kill for a freelance mode to be added to Halo 5 and might even have to redownload Destiny for the third time to try this mode out.

> 2533274848599184;10:
> > 2604983891615163;2:
> > This can be a nightmare in Halo. I honestly believe that the reason why they haven’t done this is because the quitting would just be unreal. People would just join a game, and if they start losing, quit and start another. It happens in the regular playlists, and I honestly believe it would be even worse with a whole party of randoms. Then people will come on here and complain even more about -Yoink- players, quitting, and banning.
>
>
> Just to be clear, I don’t do this. But I do feel like the main reason people quit games are because of the 2-4 man squads who always work as a team and move together, making every fight a 2v1 or 3v1.
>
> Teamwork is a Major Key to success - DJ Khaled

Haha dude quoted DJ Khaled. That’s awesome. “We da best! Who? We!”

Destiny’s PvP was in dire need of something like this, and now the same fate has fallen upon Halo. Hopefully 343 copies Bungie for once.

> 2533274807773315;9:
> > 2533274921838152;6:
> > > 2533274807773315;5:
> > > > Making competitive multiplayer even friendlier is the addition of “Freelance” playlists. Freelance 6v6 and Freelance 3v3 will include the same modes found in the rest of the game. The difference being that only players who solo queue will qualify. That way the advantage of fireteams over those who play alone will no longer be a factor.
> > >
> > >
> > > Basically, is a party free playlist.
> >
> >
> > Exactly, it would be really nice for those who cant get a party going that day or simply dont want to put in the mic for the day. I really like the idea.
>
>
> It’s essentially the same party restriction they have for Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves, just for a team playlist. It’s a nice idea. Unfortunately, I think there seems to be some reluctance to add additional playlist hoppers at the time being. I know they’re working on additional gametypes currently, so chances are we’ll see playlists for those new gametypes first. I don’t know if they’ll add additional hoppers for “solos only”, But hey, still a decent idea.

Very true, I see your point. Well hopefully the concepts behind this can find a way to work into the game to provide a solo player friendly environment at some point in the future. It should be noted that Destiny is just now adding this 16 months after launch.

> 2533274921838152;14:
> > 2533274807773315;9:
> > > 2533274921838152;6:
> > > > 2533274807773315;5:
> > > > > Making competitive multiplayer even friendlier is the addition of “Freelance” playlists. Freelance 6v6 and Freelance 3v3 will include the same modes found in the rest of the game. The difference being that only players who solo queue will qualify. That way the advantage of fireteams over those who play alone will no longer be a factor.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Basically, is a party free playlist.
> > >
> > >
> > > Exactly, it would be really nice for those who cant get a party going that day or simply dont want to put in the mic for the day. I really like the idea.
> >
> >
> > It’s essentially the same party restriction they have for Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves, just for a team playlist. It’s a nice idea. Unfortunately, I think there seems to be some reluctance to add additional playlist hoppers at the time being. I know they’re working on additional gametypes currently, so chances are we’ll see playlists for those new gametypes first. I don’t know if they’ll add additional hoppers for “solos only”, But hey, still a decent idea.
>
>
> Very true, I see your point. Well hopefully the concepts behind this can find a way to work into the game to provide a solo player friendly environment at some point in the future. It should be noted that Destiny is just now adding this 16 months after launch.

Very valid point. It’s all about continual improvement.

> 2533274921838152;1:
> Recently the Destiny devs announced a new game mode called “Freelance” the idea is that only players who aren’t partied up can join making those who play solo at an equal advantage. This is absolutely brilliant! Halo needs this for solo players like me who want to qualify for my CSR on equal ground as any other player.
>
> Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/05/major-multiplayer-changes-accompany-the-next-destiny-event

OP it is a great idea! COD also does this with a lone wolves playlist. I’ve actually never played Destiny, I didn’t think it was something for me. I downloaded the trial on PS4 and I love it! I’ve been beating my head against the Halo 5 walls for the last few months so this is a welcome change. I’m going to put H5 down for the time being and explore that world for a while.

I won’t be back unless they change up the CSR system. Having only W/L dictate your rank is just ridiculous. Also if they would make it to where you can still progress on a losing team then it would cut out most of the quitting issue. When people know that they’re headed toward a loss they drop out left and right. I know there are the occasional connection quitters but those are few compared to just quitting because they’re losing.

I just remember when Halo was fun. Me and my friends used to play slappers only on Hang 'Em High. It was just great mindless fun, something that this game doesn’t offer. Everything is so sweaty, even the more casual modes and there’s no reason why it should only be this way. 99.5% of H5 players will never play at any pro level so I don’t understand why they catered so heavily to this demographic. Just my two cents.

> 2533274819848675;16:
> > 2533274921838152;1:
> > Recently the Destiny devs announced a new game mode called “Freelance” the idea is that only players who aren’t partied up can join making those who play solo at an equal advantage. This is absolutely brilliant! Halo needs this for solo players like me who want to qualify for my CSR on equal ground as any other player.
> >
> > Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/05/major-multiplayer-changes-accompany-the-next-destiny-event
>
>
> OP it is a great idea! COD also does this with a lone wolves playlist. I’ve actually never played Destiny, I didn’t think it was something for me. I downloaded the trial on PS4 and I love it! I’ve been beating my head against the Halo 5 walls for the last few months so this is a welcome change. I’m going to put H5 down for the time being and explore that world for a while.
>
> I won’t be back unless they change up the CSR system. Having only W/L dictate your rank is just ridiculous. Also if they would make it to where you can still progress on a losing team then it would cut out most of the quitting issue. When people know that they’re headed toward a loss they drop out left and right. I know there are the occasional connection quitters but those are few compared to just quitting because they’re losing.
>
> I just remember when Halo was fun. Me and my friends used to play slappers only on Hang 'Em High. It was just great mindless fun, something that this game doesn’t offer. Everything is so sweaty, even the more casual modes and there’s no reason why it should only be this way. 99.5% of H5 players will never play at any pro level so I don’t understand why they catered so heavily to this demographic. Just my two cents.

Good point about the W/L being the means of why players quit. If they had a better incentive to stay that would help a bit.

As for the competitiveness of Halo. I think it’s a great thing. You don’t have to be a pro to be competitive. Being competitive is something that some people really enjoy. Playing sports all my life and now being an old husband and father, it’s nice to have an outlet to still be competitive without breaking my bones playing basketball.

I agree, I really wish they had something like trials. Tournaments for gear.

Use an lfg site. I tried one yesterday and got a 12 man warzone team. Played for like 2 hours and only lost once.

I support a solo playlist as well, wholeheartedly.