do we really need weapon skins?

Im for one do not like the weapon skin. Why do we need weapon skins? Halo should never have weapons skins to begin with, maybe amor skins. I do like the armor skins. I think they could belong in the halo universe but NOT weapon skins. The Arctic skin on the BR looks completely useless. The reason they have skins in COD is that, not only it gives you a unique appearance on your model but gives you a chance to hide on the maps using camouflage.

I don’t think we necessarily need them, but I go with the notion of “It’d be kinda cool to see”.

It’s all for customization. 343 is trying to give us more options to make the Spartan that we want, other then that they aren’t ment to have a purpose.

Well we don’t need them, but they’re a nice and cool addition. Did we need armour permutations in Halo 3 and Reach? No, of course not, but it’s just another “Why not?” situation!

I was skeptical about it at first too, probably a lot more so than people on here (same goes for armour skins). However, I got used to both ideas quite quickly and now appreciate the effort 343 Industries is making to give us as much customization as possible!

In plus, it’s all optional features in the end. Anybody who wants to use the default skins can do so! :slight_smile:

> The reason they have skins in COD is that, not only it gives you a unique appearance on your model

That’s why they’re in Halo.

> but gives you a chance to hide on the maps using camouflage.

Running around with golden guns keeps you hidden?

Problem is that customisation is always abused by the aesthetically impaired. More importantly, the skins eat into system resources that could be used to enhance the overall appearance of the game. Not a big deal, though I’m not big on the skins.

Well once your grammar improves, come back to this with a better argument to “Its in CoD”.

Its not necessary, but nothing in games is necessary in the first place, so you should have something that is nice to look at and fun to use in order to enhance your gameplay experience. Also, machinima.

im pretty sure i will thoroughly enjoy them…just don’t use one …problem solved…just because mcdonalds is a block away doesn’t mean you need to eat there

> Well once your grammar improves, come back to this with a better argument to “Its in CoD”.
>
> Its not necessary, but nothing in games is necessary in the first place, so you should have something that is nice to look at and fun to use in order to enhance your gameplay experience. Also, machinima.

don’t be a grammar -Yoink!- mang…it’s not cool

> Why do we need weapon skins?

We don’t need them. But sadly, they are in the game, and there is nothing we can do about it.

No. We don’t need them. But it is cool that we have them for a customization option. I like being able to customize my character the way I see fit.

While the Arctic Famas ACOG looks cool, it is totally unneeded.
And that is not me venting my rage about it being Canada-exclusive. :frowning:

> While the Arctic Famas ACOG looks cool, it is totally unneeded.
> And that is not me venting my rage <mark>about it being Canada-exclusive</mark>. :frowning:

And I don’t even know if I’ll pre-order it there :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless, I get it, but then give it away…

Typical Waypoint logic:

“It’s in CoD, OMG THEY’RE COPING CoD!!11!!!1”

Last time I checked, CoD did not invent weapons skins.

I think the skins are good. Not essential, but it’s nice to have them there. It’s customisation. That’s all.

What? You’d prefer to run around with a grey or black weapon every single time you spawned? If it weren’t for the Covenant weapons, I would have mistaken Halo’s weapon sandbox for colour blindness.

You always have the option not to use them. Probaly be cool for Spartan Ops though.

> Im for one do not like the weapon skin. Why do we need weapon skins? Halo should never have weapons skins to begin with, maybe amor skins. I do like the armor skins. I think they could belong in the halo universe but NOT weapon skins. The Arctic skin on the BR looks completely useless. The reason they have skins in COD is that, not only it gives you a unique appearance on your model but gives you a chance to hide on the maps using camouflage.

Let’s be honest buddy, weapon skins don’t provide camouflage for -Yoink- in any game. They’re purely aesthetic and are fun customization tools. They don’t harm the game in any way at all and there is no reason they shouldn’t be in halo.

Listen, Camo never really worked in shooters, they can still see you even if you have all camo, they are meant for fun and to make your Spartan unique. And the copy from COD thing? did everyone forget what stuff COD copyed from Halo? Ex.The “Infected” gametype from MW3, and does every one say “COD is turning into Halo!” they are both shooters with some similarities. they are not the same though

> Im for one do not like the weapon skin. Why do we need weapon skins? Halo should never have weapons skins to begin with, maybe amor skins. I do like the armor skins. I think they could belong in the halo universe but NOT weapon skins. The Arctic skin on the BR looks completely useless. The reason they have skins in COD is that, not only it gives you a unique appearance on your model but gives you a chance to hide on the maps using camouflage.

We don’t need them, but we don’t need halo4 either. we want them. Its very important to know the difference between your needs and wants.

Oh yes, Halo 4 would without doubt be unplayable without them!
(heavy sarcasm)

No, we don’t need them and neither does you need camos in any FPS, least of all CoD. They’re not for “making it easier to hide/camp”, they’re there to make you stand out, and look unique, a way of showing that you know how to rack up kills and ain’t afraid to be spotted by enemies.
They’re like a big 50 hanging in front of your character on the field, or any high rank :stuck_out_tongue:

Skins are THE LEAST OF MY CONCERNS ABOUT HALO 4.

That being said, I think the arctic BR looks sweeeet.

…and to poster that said that skins ‘eat away at resources’ everything is skinned, the different skins are not going to ‘eat up’ resources in the game…

they are not necessary of course not…and I wasn’t a fan of playing ‘barbie spartan’ in Reach, but it was meh, ok, just that the rewards, ranking system is lame and that didn’t cut it for me.