Do we really need Halo 2 Anniversary?

I think it’s bit pointless to remake Halo 2. Halo 1 made sense because it was the first game and it was special because of that.

I’d rather have 343i devote more attention to the next Halo game.

I COMPLETELY agree. No need for it, more need for 5 to bring Halo back to at least top 5 played games on LIVE.

No, we don’t need Halo 2 Anniversary, but we don’t necessary need Halo 5, either.

My response:

Even if it happens, it’d be very difficult to retain the original Halo 2 experience.

First of all, they’d have to go with the original pre-TU H2 Xbox version, not the H2 Vista port. I’m not sure if using the emulated H2 (Xbox 360 version) would be a good idea but anything is better than H2 Vista. It’s also important to consider the differences between NTSC and PAL H2, albeit minor.

Second, if they include a skull menu, they’d have to let us turn on or off skulls without restarting the mission (something they didn’t do for CEA, which I feel ruined the experience) to simulate resetting skull effects. This’d also allow the perma camo glitch to still exist.

If they bring back the old multiplayer and give us the cut levels, then yes, if not, no, I could care less about new graphics.

AMAZING :smiley:

> No, we don’t need Halo 2 Anniversary, but we don’t necessary need Halo 5, either.

I so disagree lol. We need a Halo 5 far more than a 2 remake, not sure why you had to post this :-/

> AMAZING :smiley:

What is?

> > No, we don’t need Halo 2 Anniversary, but we don’t necessary need Halo 5, either.
>
> I so disagree lol. We need a Halo 5 far more than a 2 remake, not sure why you had to post this :-/

Well, you don’t speak for the entirety of the Halo community. Some of us have been disenchanted with the Halo series due to Reach and Halo 4 and aren’t really looking forward to Halo 5, and some of us would really love to see Halo 2 Anniversary. To each their own. Either way, neither video game is a necessity, per se. I’m just really sick of these negative posts. Halo 2 Annie would neither detract from Halo 5’s quality nor negatively affect its haters in any practical way. It probably won’t happen anyway, so just let it be.

Good point, wouldn’t distract away from 5. It may even bring focus back into Halo altogether. My remaining argument is now keeping the focus purely on 5 however. Another teaser would be nice, to keep fans in hopes for 5.

> Good point, wouldn’t distract away from 5. It may even bring focus back into Halo altogether. My remaining argument is now keeping the focus purely on 5 however. Another teaser would be nice, to keep fans in hopes for 5.

You’re right, focus needs to be on 5. But that shouldn’t be too hard considering if H2A became a thing the only work 343 would have to do would be overseeing Certain Affinity’s work. So, theoretically, we could get an awesome H2A next year and an awesome H5 the next.

> > Good point, wouldn’t distract away from 5. It may even bring focus back into Halo altogether. My remaining argument is now keeping the focus purely on 5 however. Another teaser would be nice, to keep fans in hopes for 5.
>
> You’re right, focus needs to be on 5. But that shouldn’t be too hard considering if H2A became a thing the only work 343 would have to do would be overseeing Certain Affinity’s work. So, <mark>theoretically, we could get an awesome H2A next year and an awesome H5 the next</mark>.

COULD, however the Halo “5” teaser states 2014 for it.

If they plan on actually bringing the game back with the Halo 2 multiplayer then hell yea bring it back! Now if it’s like the Halo anniversary with just the campaign and a couple of level add-ons then I say no point. But I think I can speak for all the real Halo fans when I say Halo 2 online was the best ever!

I think we should have a halo 2 it has 4 lot of things that other halo’s did’nt like a rechargable active camo first game with skulls in halo scrap guns easy location and they might add some new features

> If they plan on actually bringing the game back with the Halo 2 multiplayer then hell yea bring it back! Now if it’s like the Halo anniversary with just the campaign and a couple of level add-ons then I say no point. But I think I can speak <mark>for all the real Halo fans</mark> when I say Halo 2 online was the best ever!

That seems like a rather opinionated statement, doesn’t it?

> > If they plan on actually bringing the game back with the Halo 2 multiplayer then hell yea bring it back! Now if it’s like the Halo anniversary with just the campaign and a couple of level add-ons then I say no point. But I think I can speak <mark>for all the real Halo fans</mark> when I say Halo 2 online was the best ever!
>
> That seems like a rather opinionated statement, doesn’t it?

Of course it is :stuck_out_tongue: It’s an opinion. I’ve got to disagree with him though, I actually slightly preferred Halo 3’s multiplayer, and I’d love H2A if it were to just be the Campaign with some extras. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 2’s multiplayer would be fantastic, but it’s highly unrealistic, and I’d counter that any “real Halo fan” (not that that actually means anything) would see the higher value of the Campaign. :wink:

> If they plan on actually bringing the game back with the Halo 2 multiplayer then hell yea bring it back! Now if it’s like the Halo anniversary with just the campaign and a couple of level add-ons then I say no point. <mark>But I think I can speak for all the real Halo fans when I say Halo 2 online was the best ever!</mark>

I strongly disagree.

My opinion? Yes, a Halo 2 HD Remake would be an awesome idea. I don’t care if it has the multiplayer, but I’d love to see the campaign updated with the latest graphics. There is also another opportunity to be had in this. As most people know, Halo 2’s campaign was incomplete. The ending was last minute and not what they originally intended. Some levels were cut, etc. So what they have here is a chance to go back and take the time they need to redo Halo 2’s campaign to bring it up to where it was originally supposed to be.

If they brought back H2’s multiplayer then at least Halo would be in the top 3 games played on Xbox Live…