Do we know the size...

…of Pitfall and Vertigo?

Specifically, up to how many players will the maps support and what playlists will they be in?

I’m assuming there’s going to be a Champions/Bullseye DLC playlist and that both will be in it.

Don’t know about vertigo, but Pitfall seemed almost on par with the original. It seems like it’s been made a bit wider (distance from base to base) however, and there are minor changes to the map in several areas.

My estimate would be no more than 4v4 for Pitfall, so it’s likely to see it in Legendary Slayer, FFA, Infinity, Snipers, SWAT, Throwdown and possibly Doubles.

Just an estimate of course.

Source: Gameplay Walkthrough on Youtube.

On the subject of that map… It appears the jumps next to Camo Spawn and Long Hall have been terminated, as well as the rest of the yellow border jumps.

Not totally certain, but it looked like it. If that’s the case, I am dissapoint.

EDIT: I retract some of my earlier statements. It doesn’t look much wider than the Halo 3 version, if at all.

Both seem to be well-suited for 4v4-5v5 gameplay.

Something much-needed for Halo 4. Don’t expect any vehicles on either map.

> Both seem to be well-suited for 4v4-5v5 gameplay.
>
> Something much-needed for Halo 4. Don’t expect any vehicles on either map.

I’m a little concerned for Pitfall. Long LoS and the ability to sprint across the map in seconds doesn’t seem like and ideal situation.

Not to mention the original power positions (sniper towers) will be rendered useless due to sprint being able to close the gap faster and jetpack completely negating the need to take any of the previously designed routes up.

I’ll refrain much judgement until I see it, but I don’t expect it anywhere near the level it used to be.

Vertigo on the other hand is an interesting design. I’m not going to pass judgement until I see more gameplay of it however.

> > Both seem to be well-suited for 4v4-5v5 gameplay.
> >
> > Something much-needed for Halo 4. Don’t expect any vehicles on either map.
>
> I’m a little concerned for Pitfall. Long LoS and the ability to sprint across the map in seconds doesn’t seem like and ideal situation.
>
> Not to mention the original power positions (sniper towers) will be rendered useless due to sprint being able to close the gap faster and jetpack completely negating the need to take any of the previously designed routes up.
>
> I’ll refrain much judgement until I see it, but I don’t expect it anywhere near the level it used to be.
>
> Vertigo on the other hand is an interesting design. I’m not going to pass judgement until I see more gameplay of it however.

The sniper tower could be a little too difficult to dislodge from if the other team got a set. If anything, jet pack could make that area less problematic which would remove one of my only reservations about the map. I’m more worried about sprint making the sword room too overpowering.