Do we know of how long it takes to get 1-50?

I mean I’m assuming it’s going to be faster than Reach, which was painfully slow, but it didn’t matter as much because the unlocks were purely. Now, the things you unlock will actually affect gameplay (weapons, perks, etc.). I read the bulletin but I didn’t see anything mentioning how long it will take to level? I mean will it be accessible for a semi-casual (casual meaning the amount time actually put into it – like say an hour a day?) to unlock things at a relatively steady rate?

> I mean I’m assuming it’s going to be faster than Reach, which was painfully slow, but it didn’t matter as much because the unlocks were purely. Now, the things you unlock will actually affect gameplay (weapons, perks, etc.). I read the bulletin but I didn’t see anything mentioning how long it will take to level? I mean will it be accessible for a semi-casual (casual meaning the amount time actually put into it – like say an hour a day?) to unlock things at a relatively steady rate?

You may want to re-read it. It says “This keeps going up by one each time you earn a Specialization rank, all the way up to SR-130. There might be a reward or two waiting for those who hit SR-130!” so basically 50 is not the max rank.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/10/10/The-Halo-Bulletin-101012-.aspx

> I mean I’m assuming it’s going to be faster than Reach, which was painfully slow, but it didn’t matter as much because the unlocks were purely. Now, the things you unlock will actually affect gameplay (weapons, perks, etc.). I read the bulletin but I didn’t see anything mentioning how long it will take to level? I mean will it be accessible for a semi-casual (casual meaning the amount time actually put into it – like say an hour a day?) to unlock things at a relatively steady rate?

Well if you consider that it takes 750exp to rank up to SR-2 (as shown in the images on this week’s bulletin) and that you get 10 points a kill with games going up to 600 points (I assume that’s 4v4 since it’s around 60 kills) plus bonus points for style plays, plus challenges, I think someone could reasonably level up to SR2 in under an hour, maybe as quickly as within a couple of games.

So hopefully that’ll give you some idea of how long it’ll take to rank, of course I’d imagine each sub sequential rank takes longer than it’s predecessor but I wouldn’t imagine too much longer, think a 25-50% amount longer than it’s direct predecessor.

I think they’ve been very careful to not say how long it’ll take to rank up in the progression system.

> > I mean I’m assuming it’s going to be faster than Reach, which was painfully slow, but it didn’t matter as much because the unlocks were purely. Now, the things you unlock will actually affect gameplay (weapons, perks, etc.). I read the bulletin but I didn’t see anything mentioning how long it will take to level? I mean will it be accessible for a semi-casual (casual meaning the amount time actually put into it – like say an hour a day?) to unlock things at a relatively steady rate?
>
> Well if you consider that it takes 750exp to rank up to SR-2 (as shown in the images on this week’s bulletin) and that you get 10 points a kill with games going up to 600 points (I assume that’s 4v4 since it’s around 60 kills) plus bonus points for style plays, plus challenges, I think someone could reasonably level up to SR2 in under an hour, maybe as quickly as within a couple of games.
>
> So hopefully that’ll give you some idea of how long it’ll take to rank, of course I’d imagine each sub sequential rank takes longer than it’s predecessor but I wouldn’t imagine too much longer, think a 25-50% amount longer than it’s direct predecessor.

Ah I didn’t know about the 750exp thing. That definitely clarifies things. I just re-read the update and also didn’t realize that you actually have access to all of the gameplay items by level 26, just no the points to buy them all. This makes a difference, since there are definitely certain things I probably won’t spend EXP on until I’ve got nothing left to buy (Storm Rifle, Supressor, Auto-Sentry, etc.).

> I think they’ve been very careful to not say how long it’ll take to rank up in the progression system.

I think an average player will be able to hit 50 with a week or two. I mean if they keep the points awarded around the same youll get like 5,000 for playing a round of Spartan Ops and maybe it gives you more for playing on Legendary or something.

> I think they’ve been very careful to not say how long it’ll take to rank up in the progression system.

I’d imagine because there is no real answer. With there being so many variables as to how to play.

But they did atleast say that the 1-10 for each specialization is the equivalent of SR40-SR50. So I’d imagine that a week or two may suffice for each specialization completion.

> > I think they’ve been very careful to not say how long it’ll take to rank up in the progression system.
>
> I think an average player will be able to hit 50 with a week or two. I mean if they keep the points awarded around the same youll get like 5,000 for playing a round of Spartan Ops and maybe it gives you more for playing on Legendary or something.

I doubt it’ll take that less of time. I mean, one week? Maybe if you grind for three days straight on 2x XP perhaps. But for average players, playtime between 2-5 hours a day, will likely hit rank 50 at around 3-5 weeks.

Well with needing 750xp to get to SR-2 and seeing the levels require more xp as you progress, I have a feeling the new progressive leveling system will be similar to the CoD system. And in essence, the Specializations will be similar to Prestiging, with the difference of course being you do not have to level 1-50 again, just 1-10 for each Spec.
I really hope that it takes far less time to level 1-50 in Halo 4 than it did to level to Inheritor in Reach…Reach was too tedious and took too long. Even if it doesn’t take long to level 1-50, it will feel more worthwhile with useful unlocks as you progress.

Real answer:
It’ll really depend upon how often you play and how good you are (at optimising payouts).

It usually takes me about 2 weeks to prestige in cod. I’m sure the time frame for me in Halo 4 won’t be similar to that at all so who knows.

Why know ahead of time when you can wait till the game comes out. Likewise I really don’t want to know as they’ve already shown pretty much enough things as it is. That’s what makes the game fun.

I hope it’s faster than reach, I can’t believe some people have hit inheritor on multiple accounts though.

I’m pretty curious to know since we seem to be unlocking customization options all the way up to the 40’s, with the 5th loadout slot being at level 41 and all.