Do we know anything about pre covenant grunts?

So I am a big fan of grunts, (the humans need to stop flying around in their percolator ships) but I thought that we have never seen the little fella’s in the wild, so do we know anything about either pre activation of the halo array grunts or even pre covenant grunts. I know there has been a lot of talk of grunts on the forums recently, and I was thinking about the little guys and K came up with this

> Very little information about the Unggoy prior to the activation of Halo survives to the modern era, but it is known that theirs was a Tier 6 society. However, they never became spacefaring due to a number of factors. Their species’ rapid breeding cycle led to a population crisis on their homeworld of Balaho, which was reflected in and compounded by the near complete collapse of the planet’s biosphere due to global industrialization.
> Balaho’s atmosphere and hydrosphere were severely damaged by industrial waste. It’s speculated that the planet was home to thousands of fish and avian species prior to industrialization; afterward, eight out of ten were extinct. This naturally led to a shortage of basic resources necessary for survival, which in turn began a brief but devastating resource war that left the Unggoy all but bereft of any means of self-sufficiency. Entire clans were destroyed, cities razed and any semblance of governance was nonexistent; they had fallen into a state of self-preservation and no longer possessed the resources to lift themselves back up from the pit they had thrown themselves into.

This is what I found on Fandom. Hope this helps.

Look on Halopedia they should have something.

> 2535408299219519;3:
> Look on Halopedia they should have something.

Here’s a link to Halopedia’s history subsection on the Unggoy. It should provide OP with anything they want to know!

In one of the books, we visit their home planet. I don’t remember which one. I do know it is a methane rich planet and smells awful to humans. Nothing about them is well known, however.

> 2535426515273563;2:
> > Very little information about the Unggoy prior to the activation of Halo survives to the modern era, but it is known that theirs was a Tier 6 society. However, they never became spacefaring due to a number of factors. Their species’ rapid breeding cycle led to a population crisis on their homeworld of Balaho, which was reflected in and compounded by the near complete collapse of the planet’s biosphere due to global industrialization.
> > Balaho’s atmosphere and hydrosphere were severely damaged by industrial waste. It’s speculated that the planet was home to thousands of fish and avian species prior to industrialization; afterward, eight out of ten were extinct. This naturally led to a shortage of basic resources necessary for survival, which in turn began a brief but devastating resource war that left the Unggoy all but bereft of any means of self-sufficiency. Entire clans were destroyed, cities razed and any semblance of governance was nonexistent; they had fallen into a state of self-preservation and no longer possessed the resources to lift themselves back up from the pit they had thrown themselves into.
>
> This is what I found on Fandom. Hope this helps.

If this is true, then that explains why the Grunts are so cowardly and why they have no records of their history.

> 2535410239320465;6:
> > 2535426515273563;2:
> > > Very little information about the Unggoy prior to the activation of Halo survives to the modern era, but it is known that theirs was a Tier 6 society. However, they never became spacefaring due to a number of factors. Their species’ rapid breeding cycle led to a population crisis on their homeworld of Balaho, which was reflected in and compounded by the near complete collapse of the planet’s biosphere due to global industrialization.
> > > Balaho’s atmosphere and hydrosphere were severely damaged by industrial waste. It’s speculated that the planet was home to thousands of fish and avian species prior to industrialization; afterward, eight out of ten were extinct. This naturally led to a shortage of basic resources necessary for survival, which in turn began a brief but devastating resource war that left the Unggoy all but bereft of any means of self-sufficiency. Entire clans were destroyed, cities razed and any semblance of governance was nonexistent; they had fallen into a state of self-preservation and no longer possessed the resources to lift themselves back up from the pit they had thrown themselves into.
> >
> > This is what I found on Fandom. Hope this helps.
>
> If this is true, then that explains why the Grunts are so cowardly and why they have no records of their history.

Their history must’ve been burned with 75% of their population…

> 2535435902217648;4:
> > 2535408299219519;3:
> > Look on Halopedia they should have something.
>
> Here’s a link to Halopedia’s history subsection on the Unggoy. It should provide OP with anything they want to know!

thx mate

> 2535435902217648;4:
> > 2535408299219519;3:
> > Look on Halopedia they should have something.
>
> Here’s a link to Halopedia’s history subsection on the Unggoy. It should provide OP with anything they want to know!

Thanks a ton

> 2535462242506256;1:
> So I am a big fan of grunts, (the humans need to stop flying around in their percolator ships) but I thought that we have never seen the little fella’s in the wild, so do we know anything about either pre activation of the halo array grunts or even pre covenant grunts. I know there has been a lot of talk of grunts on the forums recently, and I was thinking about the little guys and K came up with this

lots of death and struggle on their planet. my brother would know more…