Do we ever see the arbiter in halo CE?

At the very start of halo 2, we see how all the San’Shyuum blame the Thel for the destruction of installation 04 but do we ever see him in any cut scenes or anything, perhaps he was the elite that Johnson hugs in the legendary ending and they both escape together?

I’m not sure if he was ever on the ring. I think he was in charge of the ships that pursued the Pillar of Autumn. I used to think he commanded the Truth & Reconciliation, but then that ship got all blowed-up by some ODSTs, so I wouldn’t know how he escaped. It is possible he escaped in a drop ship and floated around Halo’s debris field until more cruisers showed up; which wasn’t very long after Halo’s destruction. That’s what Johnson and a few survivors did before they met up with Chief & Cortana in the Longsword … right when the Covenant showed up. They must had been on their way.

I’ve read the 1st 3 books in the series and none have mentioned Ol Arby yet (still working on “First Strike”).

That’s pretty cool, I didn’t know the Truth and Reconciliation was destroyed by ODSTs, that just makes me love them even more, also didn’t know that Johnson was picked up by the chief in his longsword. Thanks for sharing your knowledge :smiley:

I was honestly surprised at how much went on between CE & Halo 2. Chief, Johnson, a Lieutenant, a few ODSTs, and Cortana high-jack a covenant ship and return to Reach where they meet up with some Spartan IIs and Dr. Halsey and this Admiral and have a big epic battle underground over some Forerunner technology … it’s a long story, you should pick up the book, “First Strike” … it picks up with Chief asking Cortana if anyone survived the Ring exploding and she says “Just dust & echos” … or “Dustin Echos” … poor fella. lol

Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.

Well if he was in then game then you probably would have killed him. He was a gold armored elite though. Also the legendary ending was not cannon. I like to think that the Arbiter hugged Johnson and then they escaped somehow, but that is ridiculous. Some people say he locked the door on the silent cartographer as that elite disappears and you are not supposed to be able to kill him.

> Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were <mark>attempting</mark> to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.

In the book “First Strike” the UNSC that occupied Alpha Base left the ring in the T&ruth & Reconciliation (the Elites failed to destroy it) but Private Jenkins, as a Flood Monster, was being held on the ship to take back to Earth to be studied along with a few other specimens. Jenkins’ transformation was never complete, he held on to a bit of his mind … so he blew up the ship to prevent the flood from getting to Earth.

No,but I remember there used to be a glitch in the Halo 2 multiplayer,and he’d just randomly spawn at the base,without doing anything.

> > Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were <mark>attempting</mark> to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.
>
> In the book “First Strike” the UNSC that occupied Alpha Base left the ring in the T&ruth & Reconciliation (the Elites failed to destroy it) but Private Jenkins, as a Flood Monster, was being held on the ship to take back to Earth to be studied along with a few other specimens. Jenkins’ transformation was never complete, he held on to a bit of his mind … so he blew up the ship to prevent the flood from getting to Earth.

It wasn’t Jenkins that blew it up, it was Lieutenant McKay. Jenkins just told her about the other flood on board and what they were planning to do (or tried telling her, he wasn’t exactly coherent but was at least able to give her an idea of the threat)

You never do see him… You never see him follow after the Autumn. He was the ONLY Fleet Master to Follow. The Covenant was not worried about the Autumn only for the fact that they did not know Captain Keys was on that ship. If they did they would have followed him with another. The Arbiter was also very skilled in space combat. The real reason why the Profits selected him wasn’t for the fact that the Master Chief destroyed the Halo, it was because they needed a martyr and to kill him because they knew what the Halos can do, they didn’t want him to start an uprising because of the status he held. And The Truth and Reconciliation was not his ship, he was in command of a super carrier.
Thel 'Vadarmee
Rank: Supreme Fleet Commander of “Fleet of Particular Justice” [former] Arbiter of the Covenant/Separatist [current]
The Profit on the Truth and Reconciliation took control over Instillation 04, Thel tried contacting High Charity, and failed. When the Profit of Stewardship assumed command the Humans and the flood was pushing them back. Thel tried taking over command to ensure his forces would not sustain heavy casualties.

I assume he was in charge of the ship “Ascendant Justice,” which, was the Flag ship of that fleet.

The real question is why didn’t we see him on the Anniversary edition? And why did it switch from the M90 to the M45, and why did it switch Armor set up for the Fleet of particular Justic to the Winter Contingency? Oh 343, your inconsistencies amaze me. Almost like how bad Disney screwed up Star Wars. Tho I believe they could do better with the next, I won’t believe it until they do. DON’T PULL C.O.D. ON US!!!

I don’t think so…

How I’m not 100% on this but you know the gold elite that locks the door on you during the silent cartographer. I think that that elite was the arbiter. It wouldn’t make since for the arbiter to stay on his ship as he was well known for taking part in ground combat. So I think that elite was the arbiter.

> 2535409212314607;12:
> How I’m not 100% on this but you know the gold elite that locks the door on you during the silent cartographer. I think that that elite was the arbiter. It wouldn’t make since for the arbiter to stay on his ship as he was well known for taking part in ground combat. So I think that elite was the arbiter.

It wasn’t. That Elite you kill on your way out. The Arbiter doesn’t make an appearance in Halo: Combat Evolved. Also, for future reference, necro-bumping threads is against the forum rules.

> 2533274878837482;5:
> Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.

Yes, it was. Lt. McKay was the one that did it. Please read Halo: The Flood to understand this. In Halo: Combat Evolved, Elites were trying to kill the Flood to get the ship back in space to leave. Not blow it up.

> 2533274849645270;6:
> Well if he was in then game then you probably would have killed him. He was a gold armored elite though. Also the legendary ending was not cannon. I like to think that the Arbiter hugged Johnson and then they escaped somehow, but that is ridiculous. Some people say he locked the door on the silent cartographer as that elite disappears and you are not supposed to be able to kill him.

That elite’s blue in original CE and has different armor in CEA. It’s not Thel, and not canon anyway.

No, you never encounter him. He was in orbit the whole time.

> 2533274878837482;5:
> Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.

Why do people keep thinking the cruiser from the mission ‘Keyes’ is the Truth & Reconciliation? It is not. It isn’t even in the same place. If it was that particular cruiser, I’m pretty sure Cortana would have referred to it by it’s name, or would have let us know that it is the same cruiser we rescued Keyes from.

As for who destroyed the Truth & Reconciliation? It is in the book Halo: The Flood. The cruiser is destroyed by a Lieutenant at the request of flood-infected Jenkins, to prevent flood specimens from getting back to Earth.

> 2535406260637191;16:
> > 2533274878837482;5:
> > Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.
>
> Why do people keep thinking the cruiser from the mission ‘Keyes’ is the Truth & Reconciliation? It is not. It isn’t even in the same place. If it was that particular cruiser, I’m pretty sure Cortana would have referred to it by it’s name, or would have let us know that it is the same cruiser we rescued Keyes from.
>
> As for who destroyed the Truth & Reconciliation? It is in the book Halo: The Flood. The cruiser is destroyed by a Lieutenant at the request of flood-infected Jenkins, to prevent flood specimens from getting back to Earth.

It is in fact the same ship.

> 2533274809226598;17:
> > 2535406260637191;16:
> > > 2533274878837482;5:
> > > Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.
> >
> > Why do people keep thinking the cruiser from the mission ‘Keyes’ is the Truth & Reconciliation? It is not. It isn’t even in the same place. If it was that particular cruiser, I’m pretty sure Cortana would have referred to it by it’s name, or would have let us know that it is the same cruiser we rescued Keyes from.
> >
> > As for who destroyed the Truth & Reconciliation? It is in the book Halo: The Flood. The cruiser is destroyed by a Lieutenant at the request of flood-infected Jenkins, to prevent flood specimens from getting back to Earth.
>
> It is in fact the same ship.

Hmm. It is odd that a site like that would so confidently state that it is the Truth & Reconciliation. I mean, they could be wrong. But, let us say that it is. Then how did the ship end up in a very different spot? In the game, Masterchief kills an Elite Zealot in the ship’s control room, an Elite who we must assume is the shipmaster of the ship. With that Elite dead, it is unlikely the ship would go anywhere anytime soon as the Covenant on board would be in a state of disarray. And let’s not forget that the ship had been damaged. Cortana herself says the Truth & Reconciliation is a ship she had disabled prior to landing on the ring. So even if the Covenant had someone else to fly the ship, they wouldn’t be able to!

In the intro cutscene to the mission Keyes, Cortana tells the Chief this: “The Flood overwhelmed this cruiser and disabled it.”
Why would she contradict herself by saying it was the Flood who disabled the ship? It has to be a different one. I highly doubt that in the short time between mission 3 and mission 9, the Covenant on board the T&R were able to fix the ship and fly it for a short while only to somehow have it disabled again, this time by the Flood…

> 2535406260637191;18:
> > 2533274809226598;17:
> > > 2535406260637191;16:
> > > > 2533274878837482;5:
> > > > Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.
> > >
> > > Why do people keep thinking the cruiser from the mission ‘Keyes’ is the Truth & Reconciliation? It is not. It isn’t even in the same place. If it was that particular cruiser, I’m pretty sure Cortana would have referred to it by it’s name, or would have let us know that it is the same cruiser we rescued Keyes from.
> > >
> > > As for who destroyed the Truth & Reconciliation? It is in the book Halo: The Flood. The cruiser is destroyed by a Lieutenant at the request of flood-infected Jenkins, to prevent flood specimens from getting back to Earth.
> >
> > It is in fact the same ship.
>
> Hmm. It is odd that a site like that would so confidently state that it is the Truth & Reconciliation. I mean, they could be wrong. But, let us say that it is. Then how did the ship end up in a very different spot? In the game, Masterchief kills an Elite Zealot in the ship’s control room, an Elite who we must assume is the shipmaster of the ship. With that Elite dead, it is unlikely the ship would go anywhere anytime soon as the Covenant on board would be in a state of disarray. And let’s not forget that the ship had been damaged. Cortana herself says the Truth & Reconciliation is a ship she had disabled prior to landing on the ring. So even if the Covenant had someone else to fly the ship, they wouldn’t be able to!
>
> In the intro cutscene to the mission Keyes, Cortana tells the Chief this: “The Flood overwhelmed this cruiser and disabled it.”
> Why would she contradict herself by saying it was the Flood who disabled the ship? It has to be a different one. I highly doubt that in the short time between mission 3 and mission 9, the Covenant on board the T&R were able to fix the ship and fly it for a short while only to somehow have it disabled again, this time by the Flood…

Let us not forget that the Covenant had a lot of time to start issuing repairs as the ship settled over Halo at the very beginning of the first mission. There also isn’t a short time between Mission 3 and 9 in the game if you have read the book “Halo: The Flood”. At least a few days had gone by in between as Keyes had time to rest at Alpha Base, go to the “weapons cache”, and spent who-knows-how-long fighting the Flood conciousness, not to mention all the time the Chief spent at Alpha Base catching some R&R and having some brief downtime. In that time the Covenant could have made the cruiser flyable again (hence the different location) but the Flood disabled it once again to prevent it leaving the ring when the order to leave was issued. It was the staging area for the Covenant forces. That is why Keyes was brought to it and why the Flood and Major Silva were interested in it to escape. It was the only ship to land on Halo aside from the Autumn but that wasn’t going to be flyable again.

> 2533274809226598;19:
> > 2535406260637191;18:
> > > 2533274809226598;17:
> > > > 2535406260637191;16:
> > > > > 2533274878837482;5:
> > > > > Uh… the Truth and Reconciliation wasn’t destroyed by ODST’s…the game explicitly states that the elites were attempting to blow it up to prevent the flood from leaving the ring. By that point any and all Marines/ODST’s were long dead.
> > > >
> > > > Why do people keep thinking the cruiser from the mission ‘Keyes’ is the Truth & Reconciliation? It is not. It isn’t even in the same place. If it was that particular cruiser, I’m pretty sure Cortana would have referred to it by it’s name, or would have let us know that it is the same cruiser we rescued Keyes from.
> > > >
> > > > As for who destroyed the Truth & Reconciliation? It is in the book Halo: The Flood. The cruiser is destroyed by a Lieutenant at the request of flood-infected Jenkins, to prevent flood specimens from getting back to Earth.
> > >
> > > It is in fact the same ship.
>
> Let us not forget that the Covenant had a lot of time to start issuing repairs as the ship settled over Halo at the very beginning of the first mission. There also isn’t a short time between Mission 3 and 9 in the game if you have read the book “Halo: The Flood”. At least a few days had gone by in between as Keyes had time to rest at Alpha Base, go to the “weapons cache”, and spent who-knows-how-long fighting the Flood conciousness, not to mention all the time the Chief spent at Alpha Base catching some R&R and having some brief downtime. In that time the Covenant could have made the cruiser flyable again (hence the different location) but the Flood disabled it once again to prevent it leaving the ring when the order to leave was issued. It was the staging area for the Covenant forces. That is why Keyes was brought to it and why the Flood and Major Silva were interested in it to escape. It was the only ship to land on Halo aside from the Autumn but that wasn’t going to be flyable again.

Okay, so maybe the Covenant have been hard at work repairing the ship, and several days may have passed between those missions if we are going by the book. But, you know, we shouldn’t really use the books to try and justify or explain events in the game, as that just causes issues. However, if we are going by the book, then after the MasterChief stormed the cruiser to rescue Keyes, it was shortly occupied by Major Silva and his forces. That is why it was even an option to escape the ring in the first place. Thus, if the Covenant hadn’t repaired the ship yet, the repairs would have to be done by the humans, who of course are extremely unfamiliar with the alien technology. I do believe the ship was in a flyable state near the end.

However, I don’t remember reading anything in the book about the T&R being moved to a different location, but it has been a while since I read it. I doubt it was moved, though. Going back to the game, if the cruiser in Keyes is the T&R, then it is unlikely the human forces would have survived once the Flood overwhelmed it.