Do we all want BR starts for BTB?

Why not mix it up? I can and would take a 50/50 split of AR and BR starts. Hell, I’d take other starts to. Commandos anyone? Bulldogs? Spice it up, baby.

2 Likes

I think adding in different starts would be a good idea, but not BR, Stalker or Shock Rifle. Those are just too strong and have to much range to have as starting weapons. It wouldn’t be balanced or fun. You would just spawn and get Br’d across the map and die. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Different weapon loadout would add some variety to BTB.
Maybe also a “Fiesta BTB” Event?

1 Like

They can the variation game modes like in team slayer. That has BR starts and Ar starts but cycled between specific maps. They could do that.

The fiesta BTB event would likely be very successful. It was one of H5’s top 3 playlists for a loooong time.

Personally, I hated BTB fiesta. Once it launched it killed the regular BTB playlist population :frowning:

1 Like

I really like the AR starts as it forces you to think and take new weapons depending on the map. BR starts are boring and cause the game to become longer rang then the chaos needed for BTB.

see that’s the thing. it’s just an event so it’s here for a week or two and then gone. maybe they could put it into the playlist rotation later.

2 Likes

I know, played a lot of BTB in halo 5. Fiesta BTB became a permanent playlist and “normal” BTB became less popular.
“Fiesta BTB” as an event for 1 or 2 week would be great, but not permanent.

1 Like

To further this point we already have a camping issue on breaker. It’s almost at an infuriating degree. The Battle Rifle is amazing but when you have no incentive to move people just won’t move as seen by how breaker plays with Snipers at each base.

2 Likes

Infinites BTB maps are too open for BR starts.

BR starts no, but I will say having commando starts might work, it is half way between the AR and BR.

1 Like

The commando rifle is be biggest POS weapon I’ve ever used in a Halo game. The weapon balance in this game is pretty bad compared to past Halo games, especially Halo. 3. That game was pretty balanced with the SMG for close range AR for medium to close. BR for medium to long and so on and so forth. At least as far as human automatic weapons went.

1 Like

I love the commando

1 Like

If we were able to have loadouts like with halo 4, then I would agree, since it balances out fairness for who favors what weapon. However I do enjoy the limitations on weapons in btb, that way you must master many weapons to score big, Halo shouldn’t be a one weapon game. Now there could be a possibility of posting a battle rifle armory box like they had in Spartan Ops H4, but again the balance of the map could be upset easily.

If your curious what it would feel like to play All Bars 12v12, you should seriously set up a bot custom game with BR start and 12v12 or whatever’s possible. I’ve done myself against as many bots possible, highest difficulty, and it was so hard to move position once they knew where you were, bombarding with BR spray. I figure 12v12 btb will feel similar.

We gotta remember Ranked is Hardcore basically. You are asking for hardcore BTB when most people in this game can barely aim or have fun playing a limited style like ranked. BTB is even the way it is for a reason, everyone can have their chance to shine.

I agree that this Halo was meant for larger maps and dispersed battles. Many think in my post that old small maps are good for BTB, when I believe resizing is a must.

Plz check out my post in the URL I left and please post your opinion.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/which-old-maps-would-you-like-in-infinite/517771